No announcement yet.

UrDoneSRH : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psshhhh.. ill beleive it when u ride in my car and hear how quiet it is. and i get dynamat for cheap so that 500 is actually about 1000-1500 worth. im more into audio that perforamnce... but the audio sections pretty much done, lowering is coming very very soon. then in the upcoming year or so the h22. mmm makes me all fuzzy inside thinkin of the duece duece

Member Ride Facebook
    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
    For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
      psshhhh.. ill beleive it when u ride in my car and hear how quiet it is. and i get dynamat for cheap so that 500 is actually about 1000-1500 worth. im more into audio that perforamnce... but the audio sections pretty much done, lowering is coming very very soon. then in the upcoming year or so the h22. mmm makes me all fuzzy inside thinkin of the duece duece
      No dude I'm not saying it wont be quiet, I'm sure it's really nice inside, but dynamat even at a good deal is just too expensive compared to other options out there. I bet I could have gotten 2-3 times the matting you did even at the price you paid. How many square feet did you get?

I'm more into audio so far, but I'm not matting the whole car down too much b/c I still want performance. For me it's about finding a happy medium.
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

well see'ing as i get it at pretty much cost i dont see how. i pay $3/sq ft, now considering retail is about $10/sq ft id say thats a pretty nice price. i dont know how much i put in cuz everyday i would buy some and throw it in, but i have about 2-3 layers over the entire bottom of the trunk, 2 layers on the side walls, 3 layers on each side of the rear deck (top and bottom), and 1 layer across the floor of the car, 2 layers on the sidewalls by the back seat and thats it so far. i plan on adding more again soon after i finish the lowering.
        and honestly the weight difference is hardly noticeable. my happy medium will be my h22 in a year or 2/when the motor shits out on me.

anyways to my good news, my tein coilovers were ordred last night, should be shipping today hopefully, ups ground and the company is located in socal so it should be to my house in about 3 days. u konw ill have pics up as soon as i get everything.

Member Ride Facebook
        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
        For Sale Thread

Comment

well see'ing as i get it at pretty much cost i dont see how. i pay $3/sq ft, now considering retail is about $10/sq ft id say thats a pretty nice price. i dont know how much i put in cuz everyday i would buy some and throw it in, but i have about 2-3 layers over the entire bottom of the trunk, 2 layers on the side walls, 3 layers on each side of the rear deck (top and bottom), and 1 layer across the floor of the car, 2 layers on the sidewalls by the back seat and thats it so far. i plan on adding more again soon after i finish the lowering.
          and honestly the weight difference is hardly noticeable. my happy medium will be my h22 in a year or 2/when the motor shits out on me.

anyways to my good news, my tein coilovers were ordred last night, should be shipping today hopefully, ups ground and the company is located in socal so it should be to my house in about 3 days. u konw ill have pics up as soon as i get everything.
          yeah, that's very very good for dynamat. I was refering to alternative companies who make comparable and better products. Even at $3 you are paying twice a sq ft of what you could get other matting, from a small but growing company that puts as much into their products as they can. It is easy picking it up where you work, and heck if it was free I'd take it too! But like you mentioned in the other thread about really wanting to make the whole car quieter inside, you might seriously look up the edead teklight, it blocks sound in the high hz ranges that dynamat and others don't block, it might but all you need to finish and it's 1.80 a sq ft after the discount and won't add any more noticable weight since I know you are riding heavy lol..
          edead page there's the link and I'm done bugging you about it I just like the stuff so much I tell everyone about it .

I'm an alpine fan too, I pulled 4 alpine type s 5 1/2's from about 2k 2001 model (blue with black tweet) and I have two in the doors two in the trunk for parking lot pimpin next to my sub and two recent year type E 6x9's on a 4ch mrp240. I got all the 4 type s's from jyard for 25$!!!

But yeah, looking forward to updates on the car. Are you going to change the trunk setup any in the future? like custom fiberglassing to cover everything? or you don't care what it looks like...

Comment

I like the lines of the hood and headlights alot. The grill distracted from that to me; maybe with black mesh, or a DIY chargespeed?
            other than that I like it!

(so excited) DaddyC
            Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

i definately will check out that matting. i do plan on changing the trunk down the line but for now its gonna stay that way for at least a year or 2. ive got other plans and the audio system is pretty much set for now. like i said im gettin the coilovers soon and doin my whole suspension setup. then id like to start saving for the h22.

i definately wanna do something with the grill. i like it for now. but id like to do something way custom for it, but im not gonna mess with it til i figure out the whole bumper w/lip or a bodykit situation. im on the fence.

Member Ride Facebook
              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
              For Sale Thread

Comment

so does the dynomat make ur ride quieter also?

Comment

oh hell ya. more than you would beleive. im still gonna do my doors and when i put in new black carpet im gonna put some more layers on the floor. i want it to be silent eventually.

and another note i got my tein ss coilovers today, ill throw up a few pics when iget a chance. not on yet, not til i get my camber kits.

Member Ride Facebook
                  SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                  For Sale Thread

Comment

oh hell ya. more than you would beleive. im still gonna do my doors and when i put in new black carpet im gonna put some more layers on the floor. i want it to be silent eventually.

and another note i got my tein ss coilovers today, ill throw up a few pics when iget a chance. not on yet, not til i get my camber kits.
                    I'd love to be near silent, but I think it's never entirely possible with out cars, because there is sooo much glass in our vehicles compared to other cars. Other than doors, do you plan to do the headlining? AND! another thing you might like you can get sound matting made for both your engine bay and your hood, not sure bout the bay but buying a pad for the underside of the hood sounds like a good idea, esp with the glass.

want to see it when you get pics with the new susp!

Comment

i dont plan on doing the roof unless i go high spl, i have a sun roof so i dont feel like takin that shit down. i know about the hood liner but i dont think i need to do all that. i cant wait to get my suspension in either that shit will be ill!

Member Ride Facebook
                      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                      For Sale Thread

Comment

Ooooooh looky what I got!

A few from after washing my car... it was just so damn shiny...

I missed a spot

My screen, I was watchin dane cook

Where the magic happens...

Member Ride Facebook
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

how much did the tiens run you? and what level did you get?

Comment

the full setup pictured ran me about 1500, including bushings, pillow ball mount... i still need to get a camber kit before i do it.

and i got the SS.

Member Ride Facebook
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

the full setup pictured ran me about 1500, including bushings, pillow ball mount... i still need to get a camber kit before i do it.

and i got the SS.
                              better to do the entire suspension that bits at a time, You are gonna love those coilovers, they are very streetable.

Any plans for a sway bar kit? IMO, the sway bars bring out the best in your suspension system, the reduction in swaying will definitely up the sporty factor.

Have fun
                              DEVOTE

Comment

ya sway bars are the next performance part to be put on. i installed them last week, they are SICK. stiff, lower, better braking and acceleration.

Member Ride Facebook
                                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                                For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X