steelbluesleepR : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no-pic update (pics tomorrow maybe)

i haven't been hitting this as hard as i probably could have been but im getting damn tired of sanding! lol

toysruskid came over and helped me yank out the rest of the stuff in my engine bay. my car no longer has ANYTHING forward of the doors bolted to it! all the front brake lines, brake master cylinder, prop valve, both cross-members, all front suspension pieces, and anything else that happened to be bolted to the car is now gone! (well, on a shelf, lol)

i also started shaving the firewall, three small holes for the a/c have been deleted, i'm just trying to figure out how i want to do it before i shave the two big holes on the passenger side that used to hold wiring and a/c lines.

further forward, i shaved the two large holes on the driver side of the engine bay using various large washers and a lot of grinding.

bodywork on the passenger side is almost finished and it looks fucking sick! i would estimate that i'm about 75% done with all of the bodywork, and have talked to a friend about spraying it for me (although i may just spray it myself to say i did it all).

many suspension parts and various brackets are getting prepped then powder-coated gloss black and every other part i put in will either be painted, polished, wire-brushed, or brand new.

i talked to another friend and he is going to let me use his metal lathe to make a bunch of new aluminum fender washers just to give it a litte extra touch. while i'm making those, im probably going to make some aluminum shifter assembly bushings just to get some sloppyness out of the shifting. to add to all of that, im going to try my hand at anodizing (if i can convince my mom that having a 5 gallon bucket of sulfuric acid is not a bad thing) and all of my washers and bushings will be anodized dark red.

so yeah, a lot going on!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
      no-pic update (pics tomorrow maybe)

i haven't been hitting this as hard as i probably could have been but im getting damn tired of sanding! lol

toysruskid came over and helped me yank out the rest of the stuff in my engine bay. my car no longer has ANYTHING forward of the doors bolted to it! all the front brake lines, brake master cylinder, prop valve, both cross-members, all front suspension pieces, and anything else that happened to be bolted to the car is now gone! (well, on a shelf, lol)

i also started shaving the firewall, three small holes for the a/c have been deleted, i'm just trying to figure out how i want to do it before i shave the two big holes on the passenger side that used to hold wiring and a/c lines.

further forward, i shaved the two large holes on the driver side of the engine bay using various large washers and a lot of grinding.

bodywork on the passenger side is almost finished and it looks fucking sick! i would estimate that i'm about 75% done with all of the bodywork, and have talked to a friend about spraying it for me (although i may just spray it myself to say i did it all).

many suspension parts and various brackets are getting prepped then powder-coated gloss black and every other part i put in will either be painted, polished, wire-brushed, or brand new.

i talked to another friend and he is going to let me use his metal lathe to make a bunch of new aluminum fender washers just to give it a litte extra touch. while i'm making those, im probably going to make some aluminum shifter assembly bushings just to get some sloppyness out of the shifting. to add to all of that, im going to try my hand at anodizing (if i can convince my mom that having a 5 gallon bucket of sulfuric acid is not a bad thing) and all of my washers and bushings will be anodized dark red.

so yeah, a lot going on!
      I can't wait to see this thing. When you make those shifter bushings, for dimensions, the height of both halves should equal the height of that metal sleeve inside the rubber, not the rubber itself, as it compresses.

Keep in mind some suspension parts might not agree well with powdercoat. Rubber and poly bushings and struts in a 500 degree oven probably isn't good.

You are repainting the bay laurel blue right? You or your friend, whoever is better at painting I would have paint it, so you're taking the least risk of is turning out bad...but then again, you could just paint it again if you don't like it lol.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
        I can't wait to see this thing. When you make those shifter bushings, for dimensions, the height of both halves should equal the height of that metal sleeve inside the rubber, not the rubber itself, as it compresses.

Keep in mind some suspension parts might not agree well with powdercoat. Rubber and poly bushings and struts in a 500 degree oven probably isn't good.

You are repainting the bay laurel blue right? You or your friend, whoever is better at painting I would have paint it, so you're taking the least risk of is turning out bad...but then again, you could just paint it again if you don't like it lol.
        my parts wont have bushings or anything else put in the oven! lol, they will all be either un-bolted or pressed out before it gets done.

and yes, B-49M Laurel Blue Metallic

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

This is going to be sick. I'm damn sure subscribing to keep us with this car. Nice job so far.

Comment

man thats alot of work you got going there,good luck with it.wish i could do that to my cb.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
              This is going to be sick. I'm damn sure subscribing to keep us with this car. Nice job so far.
              thanks a lot man, makes me feel good that people are actually looking at my build thread

Originally posted by 19TcappaLX View Post
              man thats alot of work you got going there,good luck with it.wish i could do that to my cb.
              it is a TON of work, but well worth it.

Comment

i have been reading up on Anodizing Aluminum as well and looks very straight forward. i know this guy http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize.html sells a guide and just about everything you need to do it just need to get the acid and containers. if you end up starting to do it before i can(mostly likely will happen) then i would like to see how it went for you and everything. the car sounds like its coming around great. looking forward to more.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Sick project you got going, nice meeting you btw too
                  wat?

Comment

i have decided to not put any more money into my car this summer, i have spent way too much already. i am going back to college this fall and it would be a long shot to get it running before then. even if i did get it running, it would just go straight back into storage because i would not be driving it t school. i have been a little depressed since i made this decision, and it was a hard one to make, but it was nessecary.

as much as i hate to do it, i am officially putting this project on hold. i will be working during the school year, so money will be set aside and parts will be ordered so i can get this bitch running asap, probably either christmas or spring break.

keep an eye out, but progress will be a little short for a while. i am, however, going to post up what i have been up to for the past several weeks pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post

i have decided to not put any more money into my car this summer, i have spent way too much already. i am going back to college this fall and it would be a long shot to get it running before then. even if i did get it running, it would just go straight back into storage because i would not be driving it t school. i have been a little depressed since i made this decision, and it was a hard one to make, but it was nessecary.

as much as i hate to do it, i am officially putting this project on hold. i will be working during the school year, so money will be set aside and parts will be ordered so i can get this bitch running asap, probably either christmas or spring break.

keep an eye out, but progress will be a little short for a while. i am, however, going to post up what i have been up to for the past several weeks pretty soon.

Priorities ftl. It's good that you know what to put first though. Good luck with everything.

Comment

sad to see you put it aside man. but some things just need to be done

hope to see it put together later this year tho.

Comment

Looking good man!!!
                          1990 Accord EX

Comment

love the color, car looks good when the swap going to be done?
                            Looking for a new cb7

Comment

Originally posted by boostjunkie369 View Post
                              love the color, car looks good when the swap going to be done?
                              im at college right now and havent even seen the car in over a month

hopefully i will get it done by IA next summer, but that also includes all the bodywork, coilovers, and some new wheels (think alex77 or maybe RTR in appearance)

i am slowly saving money so i can get some parts for it, but beer and food account for a lot of my meager income.

Comment

im picking up a set of 5th gen 7-spokes and a 95 legend coupe lip this weekend for pretty damn cheap. it doesnt get me any closer to getting the bay done, but i do what i can when i can.

Comment

Working...
                                X