X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    update time!
    its finally getting warm again (unless it snows again in may), and i'm finally feeling enthused about getting this damn thing running again. a lot of that has to do with helping Dyesuperman find stuff for his new cb daily, and working on my truck.

no real progress yet, but more parts!

first up, a bunch of heat shrink and braided looming in various sizes, and solder-shrink connectors:

the parts I need to change out the timing belt and water pump on my mystery motor:

lets see if i remember where all of the wires go...

lotta work to be done:

and i've been getting rid of the surface rust and undercoating in the wheel wells. this is just matte black spray paint right now, but it will get some spray on truck bed liner before it's done.

and now for a project i've been (not so secretly) hiding:

i'm going 5-lug. I sold my old wheels to Caleb for his daily CB7, and picked these up for $60 on craigslist. stock 2nd gen eclipse OZ 16x6's. they are rough (one of them is really bad, probably have to replace it), but I'm gonna get them stripped, cleaned up, painted white, and get the writing/logos recreated so i can have something decent to roll on while I look for my more permanant wheels. speaking of which, if anyone finds a set of fat-5-spoke 2004+ TL wheels, i really want them. they are 17x8's and the perfect offset for the CB.

I also just updated the first post to fix the pictures and mod list.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    yep, nothing has happened. fuck working in the cold. I have some stuff on the way though, and maybe an update or two!

I just remembered/realized that none of my pictures work now, so i will be trying to get those fixed sometime very soon.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    hey, thanks guys!

I haven't gotten anything done in a bit, its too damn cold in my shop, but i did pick up some stuff to get it finished. I would LOVE to get this thing running by february's Import Alliance in Dallas, but i wont sacrifice quality. I'm waiting on some wire loom and heat shrink to finish up the wiring, as well as a bulkhead fitting or two. I'm going to be running the whole headlight harness out the passenger side fenderwell.

Leave a comment:

• Accord problems
    replied
    dam bro ive been reading up on your thread good work

Leave a comment:

• dhill_cb7
    replied
    I think i just shit my pants, that is a lot of wiring.
    I can't wait until i am able to sort out that sort of thing and determine what/where everything goes.

Good luck my friend, your progress gives me high hopes for my cb.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Well, this happened:

Got all of the under-dash wiring pulled out of the car, gving me this mess:

and getting it sorted out. Going to be removing all the wires for stuff I deleted like A/C and cruise.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    I got inspired this weekend with a car show, a meet, two photoshoots, and a ride in a lotus, so i finally got some real progress done tonight. First, I got my brake and clutch master cylinders cleaned up and mocked up:

then I pulled the seats out, pulled back the carpet,and took out the nasty old foam firewall insulation. wiring is going to be a bear, so the rest of my time was spent pulling the loom and tape off of all of the under dash and underHood wiring harnesses.

Now I have to figure out what everything is, get rid of the wires I don't need, and run everything where I want it to go. Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• 1990[H]accordex
    replied
    thats engine bay is beautiful, i'm deff keeping watch on updates to this baby

Leave a comment:

• wherm
    replied
    looks pretty good dude. been a long time coming

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Thanks guys, unfortunately I haven't gotten any work done except pull the front suspension off and continue stripping out the old undercoat in the front wheel wells. I am waiting on the last of my brake fittings to start on the tuck, which must be done before anything else. In the mean time, I'm continuing with my engine harness.

I did get a couple good pictures of kyle's awesome paint work for you guys:

Leave a comment:

• HappyGilmore
    replied
    Deff good to see some progress friend. Looking forward to rolling with you soon. Maybe I just need to grab Mike and come on down and visit sometime!!! Take care!!!!

Leave a comment:

• quakerjoe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CB7H22Los
    replied
    wow your bay is coming along soo clean!!

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
    looks awesome man... what happened to the H?
    Lol when I bought it, the guy said it had a bent rod, but when I was taking it apart to get it cleaned up and rebuilt, I found that bent rod had actually snapped in half. The bottom half if the rod had hit the block so hard a corner of the block came off in my hands when I took off the oil pan. I wasn't too mad though, I only paid $100 for it and got a ton if extra parts. I actually traded the head off that motor for my f22 I'm dropping in.

Leave a comment:

• J-specCb4
    replied
    looks awesome man... what happened to the H?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X