No announcement yet.

steelbluesleepR : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats a nice interior...any issues with the color fading?
    DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
      thats a nice interior...any issues with the color fading?
      none yet, but it's only been on the car since spring break! i have seen the ultrasuede fabric fade on other cars, particularly quakerjoe's accord. he upholstered his rear deck with dark grey or black ultrasuede and it faded to light grey. i have 30% tint all the way around, so that should help a lot with fading.

the glue, however, is breaking down and it is falling off. i think it is probably the heat that builds in my car. i am going to talk to my friend that does upholstry to figure out what glue i need when i take it all off to re-do it all.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
        none yet, but it's only been on the car since spring break! i have seen the ultrasuede fabric fade on other cars, particularly quakerjoe's accord. he upholstered his rear deck with dark grey or black ultrasuede and it faded to light grey. i have 30% tint all the way around, so that should help a lot with fading.

the glue, however, is breaking down and it is falling off. i think it is probably the heat that builds in my car. i am going to talk to my friend that does upholstry to figure out what glue i need when i take it all off to re-do it all.

I think the reason why mine faded was, because when I first put it in it was covered in saw dust and I used a brush to clean it up. Then it faded to grey, but I made my shift boot from the same material and it hasn't faded yet. So I think as long as you treat your ultra suede nicely it shouldn't fade. So far I havent had a problem with the glue though.

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Originally posted by quakerjoe
          I think the reason why mine faded was, because when I first put it in it was covered in saw dust and I used a brush to clean it up. Then it faded to grey, but I made my shift boot from the same material and it hasn't faded yet. So I think as long as you treat your ultra suede nicely it shouldn't fade. So far I havent had a problem with the glue though.
          the brushing shouldnt have anything to do with that, you are supposed to brush suede (and probably ultrasuede). just getting dust off of it shouldnt cause it to fade.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

the engine and interior will be my main focus this summer, which will be helped out by the fact that i am fixing up a 4cyl 88 s-10 to be used as a daily driver and taking my accord off the road.

i just got told by one of my friends (who just did an h22a swap into a 94 prelude) that he is buying a rear-crashed prelude vtec and that in exchange for me doing his interior like i did with mine, i could have just about whatever i wanted off of it. the engine is siezed, but he thinks the head is good, so i am going to pick that up as well as his old, non-running h23 that he pulled out of the lude. and build a motor out the pieces.

so far here are the plans for the motor:

h22 block and head
            f22a1 crank (po-mans stroker kit)
            f22a1 rods (lower compression for turbo, this is a maybe)
            h22 si pistons (maybe not the pistons)
            new bearings all around
            maybe some bisi adjustable cam gears
            very possibly a turbo'd with diy cut and welded 3" piping, ebay intercooler, etc.

i dont really know if i'll do the turbo, and almost garaunteed not at the same time as the swap, but it is a distict possibility if i get a good internship over the summer.

for the time being, i will be using the f22 tranny due to the fact that i drive a lot of highways and i already have it.

while everything is out, i will be deleting everything i can including a/c, power steering pump (planning on getting an electric pump similar to the one [cp]mike has in his), and cruise control. i will aslo do a wire tuck after it is running and shave the engine bay. i have not yet decided on what the valve cover will be painted like, but i have a few ideas including using some of the specialty paint from alsacorp.com
            hint!:

edit: man, reading through all that again, i'm going to have a busy summer! my interior will be even crazier than all that, but that's a secret for now
            Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 04-30-2008, 02:50 AM.

Comment

okay...any new pics?

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD
                okay...any new pics?
                not yet, but i'm doing a shoot with mndude and 2 other guys either today, friday, or next week some time. i havent felt like cleaning my car since nopi!

Comment

Nice ride man.. I love the way the exterior and interior match

Originally posted by Juice21
                  thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
                  Originally posted by GameChewer
                  Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

Originally posted by breeziebabyyy
                    Nice ride man.. I love the way the exterior and interior match
                    thanks, man

Comment

not yet, but i'm doing a shoot with mndude and 2 other guys either today, friday, or next week some time. i havent felt like cleaning my car since nopi!

cool.........lets get those pics moving......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

cool.........lets get those pics moving......
                        lol, nothing's changes since nopi, which was only 2 weeks ago, and i got several pics of it there!

Comment

lol, nothing's changes since nopi, which was only 2 weeks ago, and i got several pics of it there!

I guess you don't like taking pics...

Comment

I guess you don't like taking pics...
                            i'm uploading them now, OKAY??!!

lol j/p man

Comment

ok, here we go. it's not really my best work (by far) and needs photoshopping badly but it was a good shoot none-the-less.

enjoy!

Comment

i'm uploading them now, OKAY??!!

lol j/p man

Comment

Working...
                                X