X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    i'll just leave these here...

still a little rough, but coming along nicely!

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by speedofsound760 View Post
    I like that box!! Not an big fan of band pass boxes but it shure looks pretty
    Thanks man, but its not a bandpass, just a sealed 3 cubic foot box with an added fiberglass face

Leave a comment:

• SPLCB7
    replied
    I like that box!! Not an big fan of band pass boxes but it shure looks pretty

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Well, my car is out of the shop for the first time in two years! Its on a dollie behind my truck ready to take into the body shop first thing in the morning. Not only will I be having the bay painted, but I'm also getting the quarter panel rust fixed and the black 92-93 trunk paint-matched.

Damn I can't wait to see it (and share the pictures with you guys)!

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    I'm home from school now and just got my tax refund back so I'm going to have some good progress from now til IA. I have an appointment set up to take my car in to get the bay painted this wednesday, and I'm zeroing in on a good h in my price range.
    Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    well, i cant find an h22 near me in my price range, so it looks like i may have to find a cheap f22ax and drop it in until i can find an H.

or this might be a possibility...

i know the guy selling it, he actually used to be in the car club I was an executive of. i'll see if i can text him and get a deal, he's been trying to sell it for a while.

edit: just saw that he said it needs a crank because its cracked. well i have an h22 crank, rods, and new type-S pistons, new head gasket, etc so i might still get it if he drops the price some more. he's always liked my sub box, so maybe i'll throw that in the deal and get this thing for a pretty good price
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 05-04-2011, 03:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by hondamanf22 View Post
    what the hell. I've been watching your thread and hoping you would have this
    baby going already at least dropping in some wiring. can't wait to see it all done. I saw this car in person in the Columbia meet and I"ll always remember
    jagermeister bottle.

whats up my Mid.MO. PEEPS
    haha thats when i was like 3 hours late because i overheated at least 6 times on the way there!

i had to take the opportunity i was presented, i've always wanted to go to a legit spring break, and didnt want to miss out depending on what happens with my grades this year. dont worry though, it was just a temporary speedbump. i'm getting really close and i garauntee that it will be running for IA.

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Yeah, not many people have seen this thing in working order. Hell that meet was...2007? 2008? A long ass time ago.

Leave a comment:

• hondamanf22
    replied
    what the hell. I've been watching your thread and hoping you would have this
    baby going already at least dropping in some wiring. can't wait to see it all done. I saw this car in person in the Columbia meet and I"ll always remember
    jagermeister bottle.

whats up my Mid.MO. PEEPS

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    actually, its at more of a standstill than it should be right now. i used the money i was planning on painting the bay with to go to panama city beach for spring break but its all good, i should be getting it to the painter within the next couple weeks

Leave a comment:

• HappyGilmore
    replied
    You know Jayson when I get back I would like to roll with you one of these days lol so you have a year lol JK!!! How's the progress coming?

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    i'm speaking to a local fab shop about a custom mod for my valve cover that has never been done before. if it is even possible, you should be seeing the smoothest h22 valve cover (really close to the photoshopped one jspec did) out there coming this summer!

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    That meet's June 4, so if the car isnt done by then, you better be there....

Least now if you sell that interior you can use that money to help this build.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeW View Post
    I believe carpet is the same size. Double check but im pretty sure its the same. What about the front seats? You cant use them?

And is this thing gonna be done by June? Seriously though, if it's not ready by June you should still make that meet. Itll be a great chance to get a lot of good photographs.
    if i end up going to detroit for 2 weeks like i'm planning in late may/early june for ecocar, then there is almost no way i could get the car running by the time that meet happens, especially with the level of detail i'm wanting. i refuse to cut any corners with this build, its already taken me 2 years, whats a couple weeks extra to do everything right?

as for the seats, are you talking about the ones from the coupe? im probably not going to endup using them since the rear seat is different and i wouldnt want the fronts not matching the rears (grey vs blue). i'll be selling everything i cant/dont want to use.

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
    does anyone know if a coupe carpet will work in a sedan?
    I believe carpet is the same size. Double check but im pretty sure its the same. What about the front seats? You cant use them?

And is this thing gonna be done by June? Seriously though, if it's not ready by June you should still make that meet. Itll be a great chance to get a lot of good photographs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X