Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
    looking good. paint soon??
    im hoping to get done or nearly done over christmas break. i cant fucking wait. the next thing i'm spending money on is my bisi header! i still owe the 2nd payment +shipping, so that is going to be a good chunk of change. more than likely, i wont finish before new years, so i owe $50 to my grandpa for a bet i made to him also...ugh.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
      im hoping to get done or nearly done over christmas break. i cant fucking wait. the next thing i'm spending money on is my bisi header! i still owe the 2nd payment +shipping, so that is going to be a good chunk of change. more than likely, i wont finish before new years, so i owe $50 to my grandpa for a bet i made to him also...ugh.
      lol well thats cool. take ur time and do it right, it's gunna look sick! keep us updated
      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
      VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
      The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I wish I had the space you have to work with! so jealous dude. hopefully ill get my CB in the garage by winter for super-tear down. and the work starts there.
        But its looking good so far!
        www.stl-imports.com

Referral: crx08

support the import community

Comment

today instead of studying for a physics test tomorrow i made a list of everything that still needed to be done to get my car running. i feel slightly depressed right now, and i am definitely losing the $50 bet with my grandpa that it would be running by the end of the year. anyway, here is the list:

engine bay bodywork-

cut out metal and fix rust spot on firewall
          weld over remaining seams in bay
          grind down back-side of weld
          santi-rust coat un-seen surfaces
          finish up rough body filelr work
          mock up new brake hard-lines lines and new flexible fuel line
          spray primer in engine bay
          sand primer
          spray 2nd coat of primer in bay
          sand again to 600 grit
          spray base coats
          wet-sand out major imperfections
          spray clear
          wet-sand and buff engine bay
          prep and paint brake booster and core support
          cut, tuck, and extend wiring harness for lights and horns

engine-

find/buy h22 block
          have block inspected
          clean blockorder OEM crank/rod bearings, rod bolts, timing belt, water pump, tensioner, valves, bisimoto heat shield intake manifold gasket
          assemble motor
          prep and paint motor and transmission
          shave, prep, and paint valve cover
          clean/paint/detail every part going back in the engine bay
          install brake system
          cut holes and install remote battery terminals
          lift front end of car
          tape over engine bay for protection
          install motor and trans onto rear cross member
          loop power steering on rack
          drop car over motor and crossmember
          install motor into car from below
          install new pusher fans onto radiator
          install radiator
          install intake manifold and bisi header
          modify engine harness, run through firewall
          fabricate test pipe to mate up with bisi header
          connect brake lines, vaccuum lines, etc
          fabricate mount for intake tube

misc-

empty gas tank and fill with premium
          press in new ply suspension bushings
          install front suspension
          bolt on wheels, check pressure
          install carpet dash, steering column, steering wheel, dash trim, etcattempt to start car/troubleshoot

drive for the first time in nearly 2 years

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

keep at it. do it right and you'll appreciate the hard work even more. the list will help you a lot and give you a good time frame. I'm excited to see this project develop. good work so far!
            2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
            VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
            VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
            The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
            August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I shall keep my eyes peeled for an H22 ...I hope that I can find a F22 also I want boost!!!!! Jayson you are the last one left!!!! You can't give up!!!!
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Car looks great bro. I know you can't wait to find that H block!
                I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                My coupe!!!
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daheavyking View Post
                  Car looks great bro. I know you can't wait to find that H block!
                  for sure man, i'm working on a deal on a full running motor for $700, and i'm trying to do a partial trade for my subs, amp, and box to get that price lower. i'll miss the bump when i get i back on the road, but it'll be lighter and i've decided to do something different with my trunk anyway.

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                  I shall keep my eyes peeled for an H22 ...I hope that I can find a F22 also I want boost!!!!! Jayson you are the last one left!!!! You can't give up!!!!
                  i have a good f22a short block if you want it, you'll just need to find a head. and what do you mean last one left, i saw the pics from the recent kc meet!

Comment

i am almost finished up with the bodywork in the engine bay! i just bought a quart of high-build primer to fill in the sanding marks, a longboard, and a lot of sandpaper. i'm planning on having it ready for paint by the time i leave for school on friday. i'll have pics up when i can

Comment

Any updates on ur car? its looking great from what i see.
                      My RIDE

Comment

Originally posted by ofr View Post
                        Any updates on ur car? its looking great from what i see.
                        it is ready to send to my body man to get the engine bay painted. over christmas break i got almost all of the bodywork done then got a motor lined up. i know it isnt going to go that fast, but im a realistic college student trying to get a pretty unrealistic car going. i dont expect to end up in h-t or Super Street, i just want to have the cleanest engine bay of any 4th gen accord in the world for at least a little bit.

sent from my drunk-ass mind
                        -Jayson

Comment

I like where this is going!

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                          UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                          NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

here's the personal boat wheel i got today:

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
                            I like where this is going!
                            thanks man, stay tuned!
                            Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 01-19-2011, 01:39 AM.

Comment

SICKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro no teaser pics of the before and after bay paint?

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                              PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
                                SICKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro no teaser pics of the before and after bay paint?
                                lol i would if i had after pics! it will probably be spring break or later before i can get it painted.

Comment

Working...
                                X