steelbluesleepR : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More parts!
    A junkyard advertised a 91 sedan that they were parting out, so I went and checked it out and it ended up being a seattle silver 91 SE with black leather interior! the interior was the only good part of the car too, it was hit in front, hit in the rear, and all 4 doors were scratched down the side. Idk what happened to this thing, but it wasn't pretty...

But anyway, onto the parts!

The front seats were already gone, but I grabbed nearly every piece I need to convert my ugly blue interior to sexy (kinky?) black leather. I still need to go back and grab the rear seat and seat belts (and maybe a couple other parts I'd rather keep secret right now).

Here are the door panels, they are mint. Just need a little cleaning, and the back passenger door has a cig burn in it (grrr).

And the dash:

Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 12-30-2011, 05:59 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

im in the process of cleaning up my shop in preparation for getting my car back and just realized just how many new parts i've amassed over the past 3 years that have never touched the car, so i started a list:

engine bay:
      new (to me) f22a1
      bisi cam gear
      AEM fuel rail-black
      stainless AN fuel line/fuel filter
      stainless brake lines
      h23 intake manifold (sold my old one)

interior:
      black dash
      black leather door panels
      all black interior plastics
      Personal boat steering wheel
      NRG quick release
      generic hub
      RAZO pedal set
      BB6 gauge cluster

exterior:
      OEM 90-91 fogs with full harness
      Legend Coupe lip

suspension:

ST front sway bar
      Progress rear sway bar
      Goodrich braided stainless brake lines
      Energy bushing kit

probably a lot more than that, but thats what i can remember. i'll edit if i remember anything else
      Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 12-30-2011, 06:41 PM.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

Whoa! I am loving this. I can't wait for more updates on this build. I should have been watching this a long time ago.

^^^^^
        Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Loving this alot!! MORE Pics please!!
          Last edited by Wickit; 12-30-2011, 07:19 PM.
          1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
          For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

No pictures of the car, but I just got my shop mostly cleaned up and took a quick picture with my new blackberry. Ever seen a bunch of shelves full of accord?

Comment

I wish it was my shop.

^^^^^
              Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

whats wrong with the bay? i really cant tell by the pics? I think next time u paint the bay you should take out both subframes for a better look

Comment

All the more reason to keep my CB >.< I can't wait to see work done!!!! I been itchin to see you CB for 2 years now...
                  The CB7 Collector.
                  Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                  92 LX Coupe F22A1
                  2013 Toyota Corolla S
                  92 EX Sedan F22A1
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                    All the more reason to keep my CB >.< I can't wait to see work done!!!! I been itchin to see you CB for 2 years now...
                    Thanks man, haha I've been itching to see it done for nearly 3 years now! When are you going to be back stateside? I'll try to have it drivable and come visit you.

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                    whats wrong with the bay? i really cant tell by the pics? I think next time u paint the bay you should take out both subframes for a better look
                    I made the mistake of taking it to a guy that isn't known for the best work just because he was going to do it for cheap. When he "finished" it, I saw that he hadn't sanded anywhere I'd asked him to finish up for me (I did the majority of the bodywork, just took it to him to finish and paint), there was a giant greasy thumbprint on top of the passenger side motor mount-very obvious-and worst of all, didn't even paint the backside of the shock towers. Not anything close to a professional job. It looks good in pictures, and might have been good enough for someone just wanting it to look good on the internet, but I want it to be pretty damn perfect, so I took it to the best painter in town, and a friend of mine. He's charging me 4 times as much, but its worth it to have it done right after 2 years of hard work. I just kinda wish he wasn't as busy with more lucrative insurance work so he could finish it up. I'm unemployed at the moment though, so he can take his time and let me save up my pennies so I can pay him lol
                    Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
                    I wish it was my shop.
                    Yeah man, I feel really blessed. Its my parents shop, but other than keeping horses and our tractor in the other half (through the door in the picture, same size room, dirt floor), they don't use it and let me have full reign over the concrete side. To the right of the picture is an adjoining room that my mom keeps her gardening stuff in and to the left is the wood loft where we keep extra/scrap plywood and boards. Camping stuff, bikes, and other random crap is below the loft. I kinda want to make a gopro video and give a tour.

Comment

I think a video would be awesome. Glad you were given a side to be able to work on your car with out being cold or have to deal with the weather.

^^^^^
                      Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

man i feel sorry for you. a rule of thump is just cause the price is cheap doesnt mean its worth it. Paint work is a very touchie subject. Sometimes people want to pay for work and sometimes they dont. Im not saying you at all. But i hope you get what im saying.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                          man i feel sorry for you. a rule of thump is just cause the price is cheap doesnt mean its worth it. Paint work is a very touchie subject. Sometimes people want to pay for work and sometimes they dont. Im not saying you at all. But i hope you get what im saying.
                          I understand completely. At the time I had a really crappy job and my best friend works for the painter when he needs help, so he said he can get it done for me. I went against my better judgment and had him do it. I thought it was so cheap because he had very little to do other than spray it (just some finish sanding in a couple fiddly places I didn't want to mess with anymore, I'm sure you know how that is!), but he just sprayed it without finishing any of that up. It was even the wrong laurel blue, not enough silver in it.

Comment

Wish I had more to update, but I've just been picking up more parts.
                            Got some Wicked Tuning rear upper control arms from tnwagon
                            Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 01-18-2012, 11:51 PM.

Comment

not bad im loving all the lil parts your getting! reminds me of when i was getting everything for my cb! can't wait to see it put together

Lou's Build Thread!
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                              "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Finally, an update!!!!

my painter has gotten around to my car and sent me a picture of the progress on my engine bay:

He is putting one of his guys on it full time, so I should be getting it back pretty soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X