No announcement yet.

steelbluesleepR : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to kyle's last week to check on the CB, its coming along quite nicely!

Also started working on some of the detail pieces, I bought some semi-gloss black engine paint that I am very pleased with the finish of. I will be using it on several pieces throughout the bay, the biggest piece of which is the engine block and tranny themselves.

I cleaned up the block in more ways than one. It was VERY dirty and took several days to clean. I also saw a couple nasty seams of casting flash and unnecessary extrusions that were sharp and not very good to look at. About an hour with a dremel and some small files and the block looks way better. Above is the main ugliness I did not like.

And gone!

This is where I finished for the day, with the block primed with 2 coats of primer.

Stay tuned for more!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

So.
      Much.
      Work.
      Ahead.

BUT...it'll all be worth it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

The block is painted and looks AMAZING! Now to start bolting some shiny parts to it...

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

Just went to check out my car at the bodyshop...primer!

Also started breaking my wiring harness down to rebuild it into a mil-spec:
          Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 05-11-2012, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Cools, was wondering what happened to your bay. Looks really good

Marry Jane

Comment

It comes home tomorrow!

My painter sent me this:

Comment

Shes home now...did I mention I had him paint my 92 sedan trunk also?

Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 05-24-2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

looks awesome man... what happened to the H?

"Tucking tires and wires."
                  The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                    looks awesome man... what happened to the H?
                    Lol when I bought it, the guy said it had a bent rod, but when I was taking it apart to get it cleaned up and rebuilt, I found that bent rod had actually snapped in half. The bottom half if the rod had hit the block so hard a corner of the block came off in my hands when I took off the oil pan. I wasn't too mad though, I only paid $100 for it and got a ton if extra parts. I actually traded the head off that motor for my f22 I'm dropping in.

Comment

wow your bay is coming along soo clean!!

Lou's Build Thread!
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                      "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Deff good to see some progress friend. Looking forward to rolling with you soon. Maybe I just need to grab Mike and come on down and visit sometime!!! Take care!!!!
                          The CB7 Collector.
                          Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                          92 LX Coupe F22A1
                          2013 Toyota Corolla S
                          92 EX Sedan F22A1
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Thanks guys, unfortunately I haven't gotten any work done except pull the front suspension off and continue stripping out the old undercoat in the front wheel wells. I am waiting on the last of my brake fittings to start on the tuck, which must be done before anything else. In the mean time, I'm continuing with my engine harness.

I did get a couple good pictures of kyle's awesome paint work for you guys:

Comment

looks pretty good dude. been a long time coming

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

thats engine bay is beautiful, i'm deff keeping watch on updates to this baby

Comment

Working...
                                X