No announcement yet.

steelbluesleepR : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got inspired this weekend with a car show, a meet, two photoshoots, and a ride in a lotus, so i finally got some real progress done tonight. First, I got my brake and clutch master cylinders cleaned up and mocked up:

then I pulled the seats out, pulled back the carpet,and took out the nasty old foam firewall insulation. wiring is going to be a bear, so the rest of my time was spent pulling the loom and tape off of all of the under dash and underHood wiring harnesses.

Now I have to figure out what everything is, get rid of the wires I don't need, and run everything where I want it to go. Stay tuned!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Well, this happened:

Got all of the under-dash wiring pulled out of the car, gving me this mess:

and getting it sorted out. Going to be removing all the wires for stuff I deleted like A/C and cruise.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

I think i just shit my pants, that is a lot of wiring.
        I can't wait until i am able to sort out that sort of thing and determine what/where everything goes.

Good luck my friend, your progress gives me high hopes for my cb.

Comment

dam bro ive been reading up on your thread good work
          this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
          How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
          Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

hey, thanks guys!

I haven't gotten anything done in a bit, its too damn cold in my shop, but i did pick up some stuff to get it finished. I would LOVE to get this thing running by february's Import Alliance in Dallas, but i wont sacrifice quality. I'm waiting on some wire loom and heat shrink to finish up the wiring, as well as a bulkhead fitting or two. I'm going to be running the whole headlight harness out the passenger side fenderwell.

Comment

yep, nothing has happened. fuck working in the cold. I have some stuff on the way though, and maybe an update or two!

I just remembered/realized that none of my pictures work now, so i will be trying to get those fixed sometime very soon.

Comment

update time!
                its finally getting warm again (unless it snows again in may), and i'm finally feeling enthused about getting this damn thing running again. a lot of that has to do with helping Dyesuperman find stuff for his new cb daily, and working on my truck.

no real progress yet, but more parts!

first up, a bunch of heat shrink and braided looming in various sizes, and solder-shrink connectors:

the parts I need to change out the timing belt and water pump on my mystery motor:

lets see if i remember where all of the wires go...

lotta work to be done:

and i've been getting rid of the surface rust and undercoating in the wheel wells. this is just matte black spray paint right now, but it will get some spray on truck bed liner before it's done.

and now for a project i've been (not so secretly) hiding:

i'm going 5-lug. I sold my old wheels to Caleb for his daily CB7, and picked these up for $60 on craigslist. stock 2nd gen eclipse OZ 16x6's. they are rough (one of them is really bad, probably have to replace it), but I'm gonna get them stripped, cleaned up, painted white, and get the writing/logos recreated so i can have something decent to roll on while I look for my more permanant wheels. speaking of which, if anyone finds a set of fat-5-spoke 2004+ TL wheels, i really want them. they are 17x8's and the perfect offset for the CB.

I also just updated the first post to fix the pictures and mod list.

Comment

really? nobody?

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                    really? nobody?
                    i like those wheels. hell of a find.are you going to paint them?
                    visit vgruk

Comment

i just looked at the pics in the first OP

beautiful car. she is going to be great when it gets done. i never really noticed the color but now i think i see why your steelblue

great color choice
                      visit vgruk

Comment

Progress!

Im stoked you still have the passion for this chassis...especially one in such a glorious color. B-49M will always grace the sheet-metal of my car. I hope yours as well.

Best of luck building your wiring harness and tucking it, hope it goes smoothly for you, as well as sorting out your 5-lug swap. It's going to pay off big in the end. Can't wait.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

thanks guys! I absolutely love the Laurel Blue, and it's a really rare color, so there would be no chance i'd ever change it! It's been difficult to be enthused about working on the car recently with money going into my photography equipment and time being sucked up with other things, but i really want to finally get it done!

Comment

OMG! This engine bay looks hella nice!!
                            92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

any new up date's ? can't wait to see her finished .
                              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                              How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                              Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                                any new up date's ? can't wait to see her finished .
                                you and me both! unfortunately not a whole lot has happened with her, I just moved to St. Louis, 200 miles away from my shop and accord, so my plan is to start collecting the last few parts I need when I get settled in, then drive down a couple weekends and get it put together.

Comment

Working...
                                X