No announcement yet.

steelbluesleepR : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a little bit of work on my car this weekend. Mother Nature apparently agrees that I haven't worked on it in way too long since I found this on one of my rolling tool carts:
    IMG_0794 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

anyway, onto the progress.

I figured the cleanest and best way to get this done quicker is to delete heat also so I can run the wires through the hole for the heater core (which is the only hole on the firewall other than for the pedals).
    IMG_0791 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr
    gutted the heater core

IMG_0788 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr
    while I was there, I gutted the A/C condensor, so all I'm left with is working ducting and blower.

While working on the pieces, I found a mounting tab that broke off:

IMG_0797 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

so a quick trip to O'Reilly later...
    IMG_0799 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr
    IMG_0800 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

Also, gutting the cores left me with some holes that needed to be covered, or my fan would just blow behind the dash.

IMG_0804 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

just a little bit of aluminum tape later:
    IMG_0805 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr
    IMG_0806 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

Taking a break to talk to my dad and aimlessly walking around the yard, I found two pair of four leaf clovers in a patch no bigger than a trash can lid. Hopefully this is a good omen for the rest of my build! I actually found a total of six four-leafs that day without really even trying.
    IMG_0813 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr
    IMG_0809 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

back to the car...
    I got the blower ducting all mocked up:
    IMG_0818 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

Then added the new dash and looked at placement of the engine bay fuse box. I think it's going to work out pretty cleanly:
    IMG_0820 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

then, in preparation for wiring, I decided to strip most of the rest of the interior, vacuum everything, and pull the carpet. I will either be dying this carpet or replacing it with black carpet later.
    IMG_0826 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

finally, after putting the rats nest of wiring back into the car, this is what I was left with when my girlfriend called me in for some dinner:
    IMG_0829 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

It's probably going to be a month until I can get back to it, but next time I should have the rest of the brake fittings, parts for my rear disc brake/5-lug conversion, rywire clutch line, etc.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I'm enjoying watching this build!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
        I'm enjoying watching this build!
        agreed! very nice work
        Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Thanks guys! I know it can be a while between updates for this, but it WILL get done this year!

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

I found a picture from an old set that I never edited. It shows the firewall better than any of the other pictures I've posted.

Comment

Every time I see this thread pop up I get so excited. Please get her done!
              Originally posted by cb9love
              when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

how about a teaser of the part(s) I just got in?

Comment

Your engine bay is looking super smooth. I'm guessing........new headlights

Comment

those one-piecers look like their in good condition. hopefully the chrome on the trim is good too. nice find.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

They finally came in!

headlights by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

My mail has been fucked recently from moving and some other stuff so it took a while, but I finally got my unmolested 90-91 one-piece headlights in! I've wanted these since I started modifying my car 9 years ago.

They aren't perfect, but I will be polishing them and fixing them up. a couple of the tabs are cracked, but I think they'll be fine. The D/S lens is cracked, but I found a kit that fixes/replaces hard plastic like this that I'm going to try out.

In other news, I ordered an S2k clutch master that I'm going to clean up/shave as well as a Technafit braided clutch line. I'll pick up the rest of my brake fittings sometime soon. I just transitioned into freelance work for the time being, so money comes and goes, but set enough that I can finally dump some money into the accord again.

Comment

glad you havent given up yet

Comment

NEVER!!!!

How's yours coming? I haven't seen much about the replacement chassis.

Comment

Loving that clean firewall. And I'm jelly of that she dash I'd love to find one.
                            My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                              NEVER!!!!

How's yours coming? I haven't seen much about the replacement chassis.
                              its just sitting in the same spot for the past year or so. Since i moved 2hrs away and dont have a garage where i live at now its hard to work on it. Hopefully within the next month i can move it in the garage at start little by little. I didn manage to take my old dash harness from my last accord with me to swap over the wiring for the s2000 cluster. What a nightmare it is

Comment

I did some work to the accord when I went home for Christmas.

First thing I see when I get to the shop is a note my ever-so-caring mother left for me:
                                building the accord december 2014 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

I REALLY need to get this on the road

Got the wiring loom all labeled and traced, then began the process of bundling it and figuring out where to extend.

Got rid of some of the a/c wiring and the wiring for the stock intake valve.

and cleaned up the shop a lot:

I also realized I never showed any pictures of my a-pillar tweeter pod:

Comment

Working...
                                X