X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chessboxer
    replied
    Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
    I diddn't complain cause I thought it was a good deal. But I saw on your site previously It said "comes with plug" and I asked them when I picked it up, They said we don't have any you'll have to get a Narva one.
    Also the BCS they supplied was 2nd hand - Diddn't realise till I got home.
    It shouldn't be an issue, Just the fact that it's been used.

What does the 33hz relate to?
    In hondata you have to set the duty cycle, to set the psi - Ie do a run at 25%dc and record psi, 55%dc record psi etc.
    Untill you get the readings from 25% through to 85% in order to setup the boost by gear tables.

Ecu got delayed, Has arrived now, So I'm picking it up tommorow, after I pick up my new minitruck project in the morning. I'll let you know how it goes
    Ah, well if Hondata doesn't have a frequency setting(thats just how they have it labeled in the halwin software as TWG Frequency), then it shouldnt matter, as it should run off of duty cycle just fine.

I've also never dealt with our dealer over there, as they talk to the guys in OZ I do believe for their supplies. Regardless, if you ever need anything else just let me know and Ill try to help you out.

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
    Good deal man, the haltech bcs operates at 33hz btw. When hooking it up to a pwm, you run one of the wires to a 12v source, and then the ground goes to your pwm output.
    Also, your map sensor should have come with a plug and pins, tell them Mike at Haltech USA said so!
    ha.
    I diddn't complain cause I thought it was a good deal. But I saw on your site previously It said "comes with plug" and I asked them when I picked it up, They said we don't have any you'll have to get a Narva one.
    Also the BCS they supplied was 2nd hand - Diddn't realise till I got home.
    It shouldn't be an issue, Just the fact that it's been used.

What does the 33hz relate to?
    In hondata you have to set the duty cycle, to set the psi - Ie do a run at 25%dc and record psi, 55%dc record psi etc.
    Untill you get the readings from 25% through to 85% in order to setup the boost by gear tables.

Ecu got delayed, Has arrived now, So I'm picking it up tommorow, after I pick up my new minitruck project in the morning. I'll let you know how it goes

Leave a comment:

• chessboxer
    replied
    Good deal man, the haltech bcs operates at 33hz btw. When hooking it up to a pwm, you run one of the wires to a 12v source, and then the ground goes to your pwm output.
    Also, your map sensor should have come with a plug and pins, tell them Mike at Haltech USA said so!
    ha.

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Yep I got them, though the Map diddn't come with the plug They said a Narva waterproof plug will fit, So I'm trying to find one.

And the BCS - I hooked it all up, then jumped on the laptop and set it up in Hondata, but It wouldn't work. Opened up the ecu and found the boost control components havn't been fitted as they should have been.
    So the new ecu should arrive on Tuesday, Hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• chessboxer
    replied
    You get the BCS and map sensor good sir?

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Honestly - I diddn't even know I'd done it.
    I knew I touched it but nothing more - Diddn't hear any glass break or anything.
    Then I went out a couple of hours later and thought . . . Oh shit

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    lol i bet u freaked out!

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Originally posted by 91accordexr33 View Post
    damn man...cant blame anyone but urself on that one
    Haha I know it sucks, I'll just keep it quiet from all the people that know me
    It was 5.30 in the morning and dark - just diddn't help my lights weren't on . . .

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    damn man...cant blame anyone but urself on that one

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Thanks man. Should have it back together next week, and might do the Blackhouse DIY at the same time.

Haha I decided to chase a boost leak Iv'e had for the past couple of weeks this morning - Instead I found 4 of them lol
    2 silicon joiner leaks with T bolt clamps
    Turbo outlet leaking again - I need to loctite the flange bolts
    And the BOV had a leak as well, Pulled it down and cleaned it up.

So now I have no leaks

For anyone wondering how I checked for leaks w/o running the car.
    I removed the airfilter and blocked the turbo inlet, used a air compressor into the charge piping just after the turbo (where the wastegate feed is) and pressurised the system - boost gauge read 6psi before fixing leaks, and 13psi after

Leave a comment:

• chessboxer
    replied
    Sorry to hear about your car man, its very sexy sans the wreckage

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Already pulled it all down - Just needs a headlight and paint on the bumper

Leave a comment:

• oneoffaccord
    replied
    that looks bad, it looks fixable

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Did some damage this morning. Shifted my car and forgot my trailer was in front of the garage.

Leave a comment:

• Boost_Lee
    replied
    looks great so far!

nice dog too man

Leave a comment:

Working...
X