No announcement yet.

evil_demon_01 : 1992 Accord EXi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude that's a nice project you got going there. How do you like the turbo set-up so far?

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335
      hey buddy

nice CB u got there, and its RHD too. hehehe

any new updates/projects?
      Thanks, gotta love RHD
      Just received my new big 16G turbo this week, but have to start making the exhaust before I bolt that in, Which I will be using 2.5" pipe from turbo back.

Originally posted by Jack_lee
      I'm not a turbo enthusiast,but i really like your car front end.
      The body kit really match the intercooler,i mean leaving the piping expose like this,good job...
      Haha, for some reason I always think it looks like a couple of bull horns to grab hold of

Originally posted by jdm_inspired
      Dude that's a nice project you got going there. How do you like the turbo set-up so far?
      So far i'm really happy with it, It will be alot better once I fit the new turbo and up the boost so it's in a better efficiency range.
      So far done 150kms here and there driving, and no major problems.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

really nice base turbo setup, liking the car too. Did you get those seats in? It'd be interesting to see how you got the bracket situation to work out.

and yes, there is at least one american here who knows that nz is new zealand. ^_^
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
          really nice base turbo setup, liking the car too. Did you get those seats in? It'd be interesting to see how you got the bracket situation to work out.

and yes, there is at least one american here who knows that nz is new zealand. ^_^
          haha.
          As for the seat, Diddn't end up using the power height adjuster, as even on the lowest setting it made the seat too high.
          I removed the original seat rails, removed everything off them so all I was left with was the sliders (have to drill the solid rivets out and spot welds) then I bolted some 20mm square bar from rail to rail, then bolted the seat to that.
          I'll get some pics up when I bring the car home, hopefully next week
          Last edited by evil_demon_01; 11-01-2007, 01:31 AM.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
            haha.
            As for the seat, Diddn't end up using the power height adjuster, as even on the lowest setting it made the seat too high.
            I removed the original seat rails, removed everything off them so all I was left with was the sliders (have to drill the solid rivets out and spot welds) then I bolted some 20mm square bar from rail to rail, then bolted the seat to that.
            I'll get some pics up when I bring the car home, hopefully next week
            ok, makes sense, I think I'd be happier that way than just 'drilling' through like most ppl since it doesn't get drilled into the frame but more like the sheet metal. Pics would be even sweeter! But yeah are you going to get a dyno sometime?

Comment

I would love to get to a dyno, however I can't find any that I'm confident in letting tune the car yet, so still looking around. The current tune is OK for now, I know I could get more power out of it, but even with 5psi on the 14b I'm happy. I will go more indepth tuning once the big 16G is fitted

Have managed to put 800kms on the engine so far, and the longest trip was an hour and a half drive. Running fine so far, Still haven't fixed the super rich cold mixture yet . . . 9.0 a/r's. Will be done all in good time.

Time for some pics.

Seat fitment:

Cert:

New Big 16G turbo:

Front Engine Mount:

Engine bay:

Last edited by evil_demon_01; 03-25-2010, 02:02 AM.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

that big 16g must feel great!

oh and dude i didnt know you got certificates like that in new zealand is that hard to do thats pretty effing cool though
                ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                  that big 16g must feel great!

oh and dude i didnt know you got certificates like that in new zealand is that hard to do thats pretty effing cool though
                  Well when I put it through the first time,

I failed on wheel stud not long enough (nuts have to go on a minimum of 6.5 turns - mine were 6.0 turns), and wrong taper (I had conical instead of straight cut)

Strengthen front engine mount, (changed it to a rosejoint type)

Rear Jamex springs upside down (They dont sit right when up the correct way, but fit perfect upside down, so I just flipped them, then flipped them back again)

Fit tube spacers in box section of seat brackets.

Basically they check all the mods are done properly and safely, Its not too bad to get through.

Yeah the 16G feels good sitting in my hands, Haha havn't had time to fit it yet.
                  But I'm hoping for a good gain as when i change it, I'll also be upping the boost to 10psi.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                    it just dawned on me, this is the only real true saying about a tuner car yet lol.

or until it's been wrecked and won't be repaired. I'd rather the first option so I could still see it perhaps from time to time.

Comment

sick ride man, that front end is crazy. Nicely done man, I love it.

Comment

Had to do some work up north this weekend, so took a few pics while I was up there, Not the best weather, hopefully I'll get some better ones soon. Enjoy

Last edited by evil_demon_01; 11-25-2007, 03:04 AM.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Scary

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

dude I looove those pictures, the scenery rocks!

Comment

Man your car has come a long way i can't wait to see the numbers that baby puts out
                              Also pretty cool inspection plate listing all the mods

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                              Frost White Member 13
                              My Ride
                              "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                                dude I looove those pictures, the scenery rocks!
                                Thanks man, Wasn't sure on the scenery choice, but my fav one is the last picture.
                                I know the perfect location for a photo, but it means I have to travel 20kms of metal roads, which I'm not so keen on haha . . . trying my best not to chip the paint lol
                                Once I get the 16G and exhaust on, I'm planning on going for a cruise purely to get some photos, And just for fun

Originally posted by icedplaya123
                                Man your car has come a long way i can't wait to see the numbers that baby puts out
                                Also pretty cool inspection plate listing all the mods
                                Yea its taken a while, but Its pretty much "Finished" lol
                                I'm keen to get some numbers too. Hopefully sometime early next year
                                I still can't get over how on such low boost, in the dry I can spin 1st gear as soon as the boost comes on, and spin 2nd gear when going round a corner.
                                F22A torque is awesome

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Working...
                                X