Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
    nice
    I am really curious as to the power out put you will see on the dyno. And yeah i know a lil sumtin sumtin about loud exhaust, ohh my goodness this gsx is rediculously deep loud.

that fine tuning sux,, or at least it does for me, when you don't have a dyno!!! keep up the progress!
    Yep I know what you mean, fine tuning on the street is a PITA.
    Lol that is one thing - I'm glad my exhaust is deep loud, not cackle loud lol

Originally posted by MR.PHIL
    I went through all your pages
    i love all the detailed that was put in the car Bro,well put together
    Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to go through it
    Thanks for the comments

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
    keep us updated!
    still playing around with it - you know how it is haha

Only issue I've got at the moment, it sometimes it runs perfect, and sometimes it has very slight detonation I still have to narrow down what the difference is between those times.
    And sometimes It makes 8.2psi and sometime 9.4psi
    Still working on it, so we'll see what happens.
    Other than that its running good, still havn't decided when I'll be getting to a dyno, Hopefully sooner rather than later

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

"qoute"
      "quote"

ahhhhhh, nothing like boost creep to blow your motor! keep an eye on that. If it consistanly does it. turn your boost down if not... it may have something to do with your waste gate, one day it might spike to 20+ psi and you'll have problems, the other day i turned my knob once on the boost controller, goin up, the freakin thing it 30 psi and 3,200 rpm's... scared the hell out of me...
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

"qoute"
        "quote"

ahhhhhh, nothing like boost creep to blow your motor! keep an eye on that. If it consistanly does it. turn your boost down if not... it may have something to do with your waste gate, one day it might spike to 20+ psi and you'll have problems, the other day i turned my knob once on the boost controller, goin up, the freakin thing it 30 psi and 3,200 rpm's... scared the hell out of me...
        exactly, if that spring is going out replace it ASAP!
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

"qoute"
          "quote"

I wouldn't call them spikes, because they hold that psi through all gears/rpm.
          It seems to be the day that changes boost settings. I have a feeling its to do with the temperature.
          When I was tuning the other day at 8.5psi, I pulled over and was lookin through the datalog, IAT's had gotten up to 79 degrees celcius just from idleing, although it was a bloody hot day.
          Any way when I took off, the max boost I could get was 5.4psi, untill the IAT came down, then it was back up to 8.5.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

thats one banged up rusty muffler you got there.
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
              thats one banged up rusty muffler you got there.
              Yea It's also 4 years old, had it on my old Accord.
              Performance wise I diddn't see any need to change it, And as far as looks go, It would take about 3 months for a nice new shiny one to look the same, so why bother wasting the money

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

New Update:

Done 5000km's on the turbo build, 4000kms at 5psi (14B), and 1000kms at 9psi (Big 16G)
                Going strong so far, I'm really happy with the results.
                And for those interested, Sorry no I havn't managed to get to a dyno yet.

Finally got my garage back, after my sister's b/f's civic being in there to be primered . . . has taken 3months . . . . dont ask . . .

Repainted front rims and fitted 2 new tyres yesterday, respraying rear wheels tommorow.

Anyway, new work thats taking place:

Re wetsand and buff whole car - Paint isn't glassy enough for my liking yet

Get started on boot setup.
                Mount 7" moniter in center console (for PS2)
                Clean engine bay
                Make a start on the interior - Vinal or leather custom door panels, Retrimmed seats - Everyone hates the leather in summer time, even though they love the look.
                Shift CD stacker from glovebox to under passengers seat, and mount PS2 in glovebox.
                Fix broken Ciggy lighter Mount
                Last edited by evil_demon_01; 02-05-2008, 07:32 PM.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

nice nice nice...

are you finished tuning her?
                  "Self Renewed"

Comment

nice nice nice...

are you finished tuning her?
                    Thanks
                    Finished street tuning, Just have to get fine tuning done on the dyno

Finished painting wheels this morning, I really should have brought a smaller gun to paint them though, the 1.4mm tip and a body gun is just too big to get into all the angles

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                      Thanks
                      Finished street tuning, Just have to get fine tuning done on the dyno

Finished painting wheels this morning, I really should have brought a smaller gun to paint them though, the 1.4mm tip and a body gun is just too big to get into all the angles
                      yes it is. lol thats the size tip we spray primer with..

the little satajet guns are what i use to paint rims
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

yes it is. lol thats the size tip we spray primer with..

the little satajet guns are what i use to paint rims
                        Haha I used the 1.4 tip for everything on my car - Primer, paint, and clear.

You mean the small airbrush type guns? Sounds alot easier, and faster lol

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

i use the iwata lph 400 with the 1.3 tip for my sealer solid colors and the clear. and the Satajet 2000 for the metalics and pearls.
                          but yeah those small airbrush guns are what i'm talking about. they work great for rims.
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Currently, deciding weather or not to up the boost from 9 to 12psi. I like the fact that 9 seems conservative, But I'm wondering how much extra stress will be created at 12psi, and if its going to shorten the engines life dramatically

Cars back in the garage now, so I've been doing some wetsanding/buffing on the paint when ever I get some free time.

Just a pic of some NZ scenery in my hometown that I took a few weeks back and forgot to post up. Enjoy (Yes that is gravel roads . . . 15kms worth just to get that pic haha)
                            That is the inlet to the Kaipara harbour, The biggest harbour in the southern hemisphere apparantly. Its known as the graveyard . . .

Last edited by evil_demon_01; 02-22-2008, 12:49 AM.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

neat ride brother... wish i had the $$$ to do it to mine but too bad mines an A/T anyways... keep up the good work.. LOOKS GREAT

Tommy Gun.... Gunning It all dA waY...

Comment

Originally posted by hoonda83
                                neat ride brother... wish i had the $$$ to do it to mine but too bad mines an A/T anyways... keep up the good work.. LOOKS GREAT
                                Thanks man
                                Get the research done, and you can do anything

Updates: I've done around 6000kms on the setup now.
                                Had a little mishap, which I'll share with you guys cause I know you want a laugh

Fitted new exhaust a few months ago, and In the last couple of weeks the car has been playing up - Rough idle and then I fitted a set of #8 NGK race plugs and the boost dropped 3psi (6psi). I was like wtf

Drove it the next day thinking it was just high IAT's, but first drive in the morning to work netted 10 psi, then gradually dropped by the time I got to work to 6psi again.
                                After a couple of days driving like this I decided that the cause of the problem was a boost leak - I checked all the silicon joiners - All OK

I left It another couple of days , By now I was convinced it was a boost leak.
                                I checked everything and FINALLY found the leak . . . The turbo compressor outlet flange had a 8mm gap around it . . . so I bolted it back down tight and went for a drive - 2nd gear 3/4 throttle made over 11psi (hit boost cut)

It turns out that when I originally tuned for the new exhaust, I some how forgot to fully tighten the compressor outlet flange, so I basically tuned the car to accomodate for the boost leak

Means I have to retune again, now . . .

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Working...
                                X