No announcement yet.

evil_demon_01 : 1992 Accord EXi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at least it's tuned for lower psi, lol. You'll just have to tune for 11 psi now.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
      Well, at least it's tuned for lower psi, lol. You'll just have to tune for 11 psi now.
      Yea I turned the boost controller down to 7psi for now, until the weekend so I can retune to bring it back up to 9.

Hey 11psi . . . don't tempt me . . . Hmmm maybe

Appreciate the help Jose, and I'll get those pics this weekend. I looked at the #8 plugs yesterday, and they appear to be running rich or cold - I'm not sure which yet.
      But I figured its a waste of time trying to work it out anyway, until I retune again

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

What are they gapped at? You might have to try a bigger gap with those.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Currently at 10-10.5 psi now, Just got a bit more tuning to do tommorow.

Scrapped my rear Sony components, and bought a set of Fusion components, they were on special cheap as, so I couldn't say no.
          I was a little concerned on the actual quality since they were so cheap, but I have heard their subs before and they diddn't dissappoint me.
          After putting them in and having a listen, they actually sound very warm, and can be driven fairly hard even with no HP filter without distorting.

As far as upcoming plans go:
          Still have to finish my boot setup
          Putting another 4-6 coats of clear on the paint, so I can try get some more shine out of the paint again.
          Get to a dyno!!!
          And hopefully get some vids

Dont have many interior pics in here so thought I'd throw this in too.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

right hand drive ftw!!
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

wow congrats on the build man. i'm loving it!
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                wow congrats on the build man. i'm loving it!
                Thanks man

The car is going to be put back in the garage over winter.
                Hopefully by summer I will have gotten the headwork done that I've been wanting to do for so long.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq
                  Sold: 8/2016

Comment

New addition to the CB, just got my new shocks today, and fitted them tonight
                    Wound them down to the lowest setting, and they sit at the same level as my old Jamex superlows, They are alot stiffer ride than before and it handles waaay better
                    Also started porting my spare head - so far 2 exhaust ports completed.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

I have a few questions about your setup. First, I give you props and you seem like you have a nice approach to your project, seem very knowledgeable and good DIY'er.

Anyhow...

1) 450 cc/min injectors large enough for your application? What fuel pressure you at to sustain enough fuel?

2) Are your injectors holding you back from making more power? With more fuel (assuming you're not getting enough), could you potentially run hotter plugs, since you're running 8 series now?

3) Exedy stage 1 clutch seems like it would wear out prematurely for your setup. Sure it'd work fine when new, but I'm worried about durability. Mileage accumulated on it so far? Typically what type of driving do you do?

4) You plan to up-size your exhaust system as you increase exhaust flow performance?

Side thought: Well, I realize you're on a new stock block, perhaps that is why you are not pushing as much boost now to keep it reliable, but still has me wondering if 450 cc/min injectors are enough with stock-like fuel pressures. But perhaps you increased your pressure significantly, I'm just not a fan of going past 55 psi.
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 04-17-2008, 10:05 AM.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                        I have a few questions about your setup. First, I give you props and you seem like you have a nice approach to your project, seem very knowledgeable and good DIY'er.

Anyhow...

1) 450 cc/min injectors large enough for your application? What fuel pressure you at to sustain enough fuel?

2) Are your injectors holding you back from making more power? With more fuel (assuming you're not getting enough), could you potentially run hotter plugs, since you're running 8 series now?

3) Exedy stage 1 clutch seems like it would wear out prematurely for your setup. Sure it'd work fine when new, but I'm worried about durability. Mileage accumulated on it so far? Typically what type of driving do you do?

4) You plan to up-size your exhaust system as you increase exhaust flow performance?

Side thought: Well, I realize you're on a new stock block, perhaps that is why you are not pushing as much boost now to keep it reliable, but still has me wondering if 450 cc/min injectors are enough with stock-like fuel pressures. But perhaps you increased your pressure significantly, I'm just not a fan of going past 55 psi.
                        Thanks I appreciate hearing that coming from you
                        I've always been keen to try new things myself, and hey, why pay someone else to do something you can learn to do yourself?
                        "If at first you don't suceed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end."
                        Plus I'm a Kiwi

1) I'm running OEM pressure on OEM regulator. I'm currently at 85% duty cycle at 9psi. So they are within limits.

2) I wouldn't say the injectors are holding me back from power, More-so holding me back from making power safely.
                        I'm running #8 sparkplugs, due to previous problems with detonation, These plugs mean that I can run a leaner mixture and more timing.
                        I have a set of #7's on hand which I havn't used yet, if I decide to go to a hotter plug.
                        Also of note, The car is tuned for 98 gas, If I use 95 I get slight detonation.

3) Yes when I purchased the Exedy stage one clutch I was a bit uncomfortable as to it's power capabilities. I emailed the shop 3 times to check, double check and triple check that it could handle what my final goal was - 300hp/300tq.
                        So far It has held up fine, feels as good as when I first put it in, and I havn't had any issues with slippage (which admittidly does suprise me for a stage 1)

4) I actually hadn't planned on upping the exhaust size, Though now that you mention it, maybe I should - I'll look into that further

Personally I like the OEM Honda FPR, I've been told by several people that it works like any other rising rate FPR when boost comes on.
                        As I said above, the injectors are close to maxxed out (I don't want to put them past 90% duty) and I will be upgrading them to 550cc's over the winter.
                        And yes the whole purpose of this build was to ultimatly be a reliable car that can be Daily Driven - Thus the low boost of 10psi on stock internals.
                        After this winter I'm planning on running 14psi daily driven, and wanting to keep it running on the same engine untill I sell the car

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Time for a new update / winter build plans.

Pulled down my new spare engine a few weeks ago and did the exhaust head porting as above - Have finished porting all 4 ports now, Just have to polish them up.
                          I stripped the block last week in preperation for the new pistons.

New build includes:
                          Forged Race eng pistons 8.8:1 85mm
                          Toga H beam Rods
                          P&P head
                          Bisimoto turbo cam
                          3" exhaust
                          H23 intake manifold
                          New injectors, Maybe 750cc

Thats all I can remember as of now, Anything else I will add to the list later on

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

:d

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                            11.68 @ 127mph
                            417whp/375wtq
                            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

nice, i was gonna say those 450's run out around 10 ~ 12 psi on an f22

i have that same 16g, i see people pushing over 300 whp with a 14b

300 whp on the 16g should still be a very reliable setup.

and yeah that clutch wont hold up for more than 5k ~ 10k

F22T ftmfw
                              ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                                nice, i was gonna say those 450's run out around 10 ~ 12 psi on an f22

i have that same 16g, i see people pushing over 300 whp with a 14b

300 whp on the 16g should still be a very reliable setup.

and yeah that clutch wont hold up for more than 5k ~ 10k

F22T ftmfw
                                I'm currently at 8000km's on this clutch, but yea I'm expecting it to die soon
                                I see everyone throwing name brands around here, and i'd like to be able to get them - but its easier said than done. When I go to any performance shop an I say can I get "x-part" for an F22, and I get the same response - Ummm whats an F22???
                                Not sure what clutch I will get next, but thats on the list of cards also. I'll prob stay exedy but maybe go to a stage 3.

300hp was the old goal now I shooting a bit higher (closer to 400hp) - representing the DSM's ftw

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Working...
                                X