• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about your car man, its very sexy sans the wreckage
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Thanks man. Should have it back together next week, and might do the Blackhouse DIY at the same time.

Haha I decided to chase a boost leak Iv'e had for the past couple of weeks this morning - Instead I found 4 of them lol
      2 silicon joiner leaks with T bolt clamps
      Turbo outlet leaking again - I need to loctite the flange bolts
      And the BOV had a leak as well, Pulled it down and cleaned it up.

So now I have no leaks

For anyone wondering how I checked for leaks w/o running the car.
      I removed the airfilter and blocked the turbo inlet, used a air compressor into the charge piping just after the turbo (where the wastegate feed is) and pressurised the system - boost gauge read 6psi before fixing leaks, and 13psi after

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

damn man...cant blame anyone but urself on that one

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33 View Post
          damn man...cant blame anyone but urself on that one
          Haha I know it sucks, I'll just keep it quiet from all the people that know me
          It was 5.30 in the morning and dark - just diddn't help my lights weren't on . . .

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

lol i bet u freaked out!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Honestly - I diddn't even know I'd done it.
              I knew I touched it but nothing more - Diddn't hear any glass break or anything.
              Then I went out a couple of hours later and thought . . . Oh shit

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

You get the BCS and map sensor good sir?

Comment

Yep I got them, though the Map diddn't come with the plug They said a Narva waterproof plug will fit, So I'm trying to find one.

And the BCS - I hooked it all up, then jumped on the laptop and set it up in Hondata, but It wouldn't work. Opened up the ecu and found the boost control components havn't been fitted as they should have been.
                  So the new ecu should arrive on Tuesday, Hopefully.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Good deal man, the haltech bcs operates at 33hz btw. When hooking it up to a pwm, you run one of the wires to a 12v source, and then the ground goes to your pwm output.
                    Also, your map sensor should have come with a plug and pins, tell them Mike at Haltech USA said so!
                    ha.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                      Good deal man, the haltech bcs operates at 33hz btw. When hooking it up to a pwm, you run one of the wires to a 12v source, and then the ground goes to your pwm output.
                      Also, your map sensor should have come with a plug and pins, tell them Mike at Haltech USA said so!
                      ha.
                      I diddn't complain cause I thought it was a good deal. But I saw on your site previously It said "comes with plug" and I asked them when I picked it up, They said we don't have any you'll have to get a Narva one.
                      Also the BCS they supplied was 2nd hand - Diddn't realise till I got home.
                      It shouldn't be an issue, Just the fact that it's been used.

What does the 33hz relate to?
                      In hondata you have to set the duty cycle, to set the psi - Ie do a run at 25%dc and record psi, 55%dc record psi etc.
                      Untill you get the readings from 25% through to 85% in order to setup the boost by gear tables.

Ecu got delayed, Has arrived now, So I'm picking it up tommorow, after I pick up my new minitruck project in the morning. I'll let you know how it goes

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                        I diddn't complain cause I thought it was a good deal. But I saw on your site previously It said "comes with plug" and I asked them when I picked it up, They said we don't have any you'll have to get a Narva one.
                        Also the BCS they supplied was 2nd hand - Diddn't realise till I got home.
                        It shouldn't be an issue, Just the fact that it's been used.

What does the 33hz relate to?
                        In hondata you have to set the duty cycle, to set the psi - Ie do a run at 25%dc and record psi, 55%dc record psi etc.
                        Untill you get the readings from 25% through to 85% in order to setup the boost by gear tables.

Ecu got delayed, Has arrived now, So I'm picking it up tommorow, after I pick up my new minitruck project in the morning. I'll let you know how it goes
                        Ah, well if Hondata doesn't have a frequency setting(thats just how they have it labeled in the halwin software as TWG Frequency), then it shouldnt matter, as it should run off of duty cycle just fine.

I've also never dealt with our dealer over there, as they talk to the guys in OZ I do believe for their supplies. Regardless, if you ever need anything else just let me know and Ill try to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                          Ah, well if Hondata doesn't have a frequency setting(thats just how they have it labeled in the halwin software as TWG Frequency), then it shouldnt matter, as it should run off of duty cycle just fine.

I've also never dealt with our dealer over there, as they talk to the guys in OZ I do believe for their supplies. Regardless, if you ever need anything else just let me know and Ill try to help you out.
                          Choice I'm hopefully getting the ECU tommorow (ran outa time today) so I'll let you know how it goes.
                          Yea I figured NZ ordered from Auz, So I'm not downing you
                          I'll keep in touch. I'm sure the CB will love you for accessories

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Update - unfortunatly not of the good kind.
                            Well as some of you know I went to pick up my minitruck project today.
                            The car drove fine there the first trip, then on the way back something happened with the wideband, and the ecu wouldn't allow me to go over 2psi - Let me tell you, towing is a BITCH if you can't get into boost.
                            2ndly the gearbox has started whining in 2nd gear for the last week - Well the towing today killed it. It now sounds like a straight cut box in 2nd, And 1st gear pops out of gear on its own.

The Accord is being put away for a little while (at least 4 months driveable wise) untill the minitruck project is well under way, and I can afford the time to use the Accord.

Accord work to do:
                            Strip gear box and find problem
                            Find wideband problem
                            Fit new ECU and setup boost control.

Minitruck work to be done:
                            Don't even ask me yet
                            Link to minitruck project - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=108077

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                              Update - unfortunatly not of the good kind.
                              Well as some of you know I went to pick up my minitruck project today.
                              The car drove fine there the first trip, then on the way back something happened with the wideband, and the ecu wouldn't allow me to go over 2psi - Let me tell you, towing is a BITCH if you can't get into boost.
                              2ndly the gearbox has started whining in 2nd gear for the last week - Well the towing today killed it. It now sounds like a straight cut box in 2nd, And 1st gear pops out of gear on its own.

The Accord is being put away for a little while (at least 4 months driveable wise) untill the minitruck project is well under way, and I can afford the time to use the Accord.

Accord work to do:
                              Strip gear box and find problem
                              Find wideband problem
                              Fit new ECU and setup boost control.

Minitruck work to be done:
                              Don't even ask me yet
                              Link to minitruck project - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=108077
                              Where is your o2 sensor? Chances are, that is your problem. The innovate o2 sensors are notorious for crapping out on you, which is a total pita. Mine is very close to the turbo and exhaust manifold, and my first o2 sensor only lasted about a month, because those things HATE heat.

Comment

Yea I heard that, so I mounted it between the rear of the engine and the firewall.
                                I havn't had a chance to look yet, but I get a feeling one of the wires has rubbed through and broken.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Working...
                                X