Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Finished my 2.5" custom downpipe today, clearance is tight between sump and front crossmember, but definatly enough room for engine rocking.
    Enjoy

Last edited by evil_demon_01; 03-25-2010, 01:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Originally posted by fobs
    where on earth did you manage to find a brand new engine???
    I work for Honda New Zealand, and it was sitting on an engine stand in a training room, so I asked if I could swap it with my old engine . . .
    No new ones left that I know of, I know there are some new short blocks labeled as F22Z kicking around though

Leave a comment:

• fobs
    replied
    Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Not quite beginner, Had a turbo setup on my other accord-Carb suckthrough design, although had fuel problems and broke 2 pistons before I could tune it.
    Thanks for the comments, will add interior pic in the morning
    yeahhh,... a turbo man obviously cant be a beginner,... kidd,... u can call me a beginner, with a stock ride,... hehehe.

where on earth did you manage to find a brand new engine???
    Last edited by fobs; 02-25-2007, 10:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Finally got the engine in this morning. Fitted up my new clutch that arrived on Wednesday-Exedy stage 1

Interior Pic as requested, Its a bit of a mess at the moment untill I get everything sorted out

Engine in:

Custom Power and Ground Cables:

Last edited by evil_demon_01; 03-25-2010, 01:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Originally posted by kidd262
    wohhooo...nice setup for new beginner......
    can u post your interior pic....
    Not quite beginner, Had a turbo setup on my other accord-Carb suckthrough design, although had fuel problems and broke 2 pistons before I could tune it.
    Thanks for the comments, will add interior pic in the morning

Leave a comment:

• kidd262
    replied
    wohhooo...nice setup for new beginner......
    can u post your interior pic....

Leave a comment:

• FuncOvrForm
    replied
    Dope azz car. Lets get it together. Get some major killz down ill b watchin the project keep it up. im getting ready to swap out the front seats too...

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Have been busy lately, and wanted to put the engine in this weekend, but found out on friday after work that the engine crane wont fit in my car
    So It'll be next weekend now If I can get my hands on a trailer.
    Ordered an Exedy clutch kit which should be here next week.
    Just cleaned up and painted the trans today.

Last edited by evil_demon_01; 03-25-2010, 01:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Straight Success
    replied
    Damn. Excellent Job.

Leave a comment:

• accordtypeR
    replied
    Haha thanks man. I'm guna leave it obvious like that so everyone knows, Not many people over here mod the CB3 accord, and theres no turbo ones, So I want it to stand out a bit

Alright, alright bro point taken.. but dont stand out too much...lol

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Decided on the Paint I will be using, Its Gloss Black Metallic.
    Just sprayed the engine bay today, very nice colour, has alot of metallic in it Which actually gives it a slight green appearance in the right lights.
    Pic doesnt really show the metallics much but gives you an idea of the colour.

Have started fitting my Monza bucket seat to the factory rails and keeping the power height adjuster, just have to make up some custom brackets to mount the seat.
    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 03-25-2010, 01:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Originally posted by accordtypeR
    Now thats just sneaky with the grin on her there buddy... One question can you paint the intercooler black to hide it completely.....
    Haha thanks man. I'm guna leave it obvious like that so everyone knows, Not many people over here mod the CB3 accord, and theres no turbo ones, So I want it to stand out a bit

Leave a comment:

• accordtypeR
    replied
    Thanks for the comments guys, helps keep me motivated
    Mounted up the Intercooler today, Suprisingly nice fit for the size of it actually. Although I noticed one thing, The size of my bumper support panel compared to most of the ones ive seen on here, Very small which meant I diddn't have to modify it at all. The only cutting I had to do was take out a little bit of my front lip which you cant notice anyway
    Might end up taking some out of the top of the bumper up to the line just above the number plate holes, when I figure out where to mount the number plate.

Now thats just sneaky with the grin on her there buddy... One question can you paint the intercooler black to hide it completely.....

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Well just another quick update.
    Haven't really done much on the car, just been so busy lately.

Managed to make my turbo oil return line
    Grinded block for turbo to fit
    Just started making 2.5" custom downpipe
    Ran all the wiring for the battery in boot, (will posts pics when boot install is complete)
    Refitted all necessary components back into engine bay, less engine.
    Hopefully will put the engine in on the 26-27th Jan time permitting.

Then after that progress should speed up a bit.
    Still undecided on what colour I will paint the car so the engine bay is still in primer untill I decide, At the moment I'm thinking either, Nighthawk Black or Midnight blue, but who knows next month Ill probabally be thinking another colour haha.

Leave a comment:

• evil_demon_01
    replied
    Originally posted by Overdosed F20A5
    wow i didn't relise how recent this thread was haha, i remember seeing your carb turbo setup on 3geez, and now this that looks really good good to see another NZ'er around lol.
    Thanks man, Yea the carb turbo setup is off now and running N/A again since I broke 2 ringlands, so now I can work on this car.
    Yea I think its just me and you from NZ on here haha, Hmmm most people on here probably dont even know where NZ is lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X