jdm_inspired : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
    LOL i like the A's in the Dodgers color.

I want to get different color hats, but i only wear mostly black, white and red.
    To match all your J's huh? Haha I just got addicted to them. Quit matchin them fire red's. I wear a lot of black red and white. Damn Michael Jordan! Made me spend my monies.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

i want a FULL photo shoot ho. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
        LOL i like the A's in the Dodgers color.

I want to get different color hats, but i only wear mostly black, white and red.
        U see, Ant is like a bag of skittles,he tastes all flavors of the rainbow.....
        This is the hat that didn't make the cut in his picture, however this is what you'll find in the other corner of his room. It's a special limited edition Brokeback Mt. Special.

Anyways hey ***bait, I wanna know if you wanna hop on a Skunk2 manifold? I talked to a online dealer and he said he can do 2 manifolds for $300 a piece. So that's saving about $30-45ish considering they are a usually $325-349 with the EGR location kit elsewhere and on e-bay. It'll be better on your end since I'll get the shipping covered too. Lemme know.
        I need a custom turbo manifold built....
        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
          i want a FULL photo shoot ho. lol.
          I want to too. This damn Canon isn't capturing anything.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei View Post
            U see, Ant is like a bag of skittles,he tastes all flavors of the rainbow.....
            This is the hat that didn't make the cut in his picture, however this is what you'll find in the other corner of his room. It's a special limited edition Brokeback Mt. Special.

Anyways hey ***bait, I wanna know if you wanna hop on a Skunk2 manifold? I talked to a online dealer and he said he can do 2 manifolds for $300 a piece. So that's saving about $30-45ish considering they are a usually $325-349 with the EGR location kit elsewhere and on e-bay. It'll be better on your end since I'll get the shipping covered too. Lemme know.
            Haha what an ass. Yeah I'm down. I need a dyno chart on this please kind sir. Did you see my license plate? Don't be jealous.

93 'til infinity

Comment

ant, the car looks great dood!

nice job

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                Haha what an ass. Yeah I'm down. I need a dyno chart on this please kind sir. Did you see my license plate? Don't be jealous.
                Oh naw I didn't notice until you mentioned it. I forgot you said u were getting a custom plate.....however I thought u were gonna put. 1***HOT ?

Alright I'll quit hating. Yeah thats sick. Umm 2Point6 has some dyno numbers however there is a mixed opinion on the manifold all over the net. People say they lost power using this however I think most people of those people just "bolted" the shit on without matching the throttle size. (stock throttle on the manifold) or too big of a throttle for their setup.

The last few dyno charts I've seen, the Skunk2 made more power over the Euro-R. It seems that the Skunk2 needs a properly sized matching throttle for that persons particular setup in order to see good gains. A improperly sized throttlebody is what kills it.

If u are going to stay N/A, the Euro-R manifold is great too...however for the price and the other shit u gotta do to it to make it work, I'd stay away. Basically you'll be spending more on modifications to the Euro-R when u can have the Skunk2 for almost half the price.

You can probably get this manifold and do the AP1 throttle or when u get cammed later go bigger to maybe 68ish-70ish.

My boi with the CTR had a VictorX manifold and a 70mm skunk2 on his Toda built motor but that proved to be overkill according to his tuner at XS. So he dowgraded back to a ITR manifold with a 68mm and his power gains improved.

No two motors are the same so depending on your engine mods will determine whether or not you need a bigger throttle or not. You can check this place out too. http://www.maxbore.com/ They can mod your stock throttle to match the skunk2 manifold and it'll be cheaper than buying a aftermarket throttle which is always going to be roughly 250-300 depending on the brand.

I was thinking of going 72mm and there is even a 76mm by Blox. I was playing around with the BLox and Skunk2 at my engine builders shop and surprisingly overall the Blox throttle felt more heavy and sturdy compared to the Skunk2. The throttle plate spring felt even more tighter and had more resistance and would snap shut quicker. The skunk2 felt lighter and the plate spring felt more loose...but the skunk2 unit looked liked it had a more better quality look to it compared to the hard machined Blox piece. More than likely i'm going to stay all Skunk2....but if reviews show the blox being more sturdy and responsive I may go with their unit.

I'm going to call the shop 2maro... do some researching on the net and lemme know. I may order it next week.
                Last edited by Kurobei; 05-21-2009, 10:25 PM.
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                  ant, the car looks great dood!

nice job
                  Thanks Jake. So is yours.

Originally posted by Kurobei View Post
                  Oh naw I didn't notice until you mentioned it. I forgot you said u were getting a custom plate.....however I thought u were gonna put. 1***HOT ?

Alright I'll quit hating. Yeah thats sick. Umm 2Point6 has some dyno numbers however there is a mixed opinion on the manifold all over the net. People say they lost power using this however I think most people of those people just "bolted" the shit on without matching the throttle size. (stock throttle on the manifold) or too big of a throttle for their setup.

The last few dyno charts I've seen, the Skunk2 made more power over the Euro-R. It seems that the Skunk2 needs a properly sized matching throttle for that persons particular setup in order to see good gains. A improperly sized throttlebody is what kills it.

If u are going to stay N/A, the Euro-R manifold is great too...however for the price and the other shit u gotta do to it to make it work, I'd stay away. Basically you'll be spending more on modifications to the Euro-R when u can have the Skunk2 for almost half the price.

You can probably get this manifold and do the AP1 throttle or when u get cammed later go bigger to maybe 68ish-70ish.

My boi with the CTR had a VictorX manifold and a 70mm skunk2 on his Toda built motor but that proved to be overkill according to his tuner at XS. So he dowgraded back to a ITR manifold with a 68mm and his power gains improved.

No two motors are the same so depending on your engine mods will determine whether or not you need a bigger throttle or not. You can check this place out too. http://www.maxbore.com/ They can mod your stock throttle to match the skunk2 manifold and it'll be cheaper than buying a aftermarket throttle which is always going to be roughly 250-300 depending on the brand.

I was thinking of going 72mm and there is even a 76mm by Blox. I was playing around with the BLox and Skunk2 at my engine builders shop and surprisingly overall the Blox throttle felt more heavy and sturdy compared to the Skunk2. The throttle plate spring felt even more tighter and had more resistance and would snap shut quicker. The skunk2 felt lighter and the plate spring felt more loose...but the skunk2 unit looked liked it had a more better quality look to it compared to the hard machined Blox piece. More than likely i'm going to stay all Skunk2....but if reviews show the blox being more sturdy and responsive I may go with their unit.

I'm going to call the shop 2maro... do some researching on the net and lemme know. I may order it next week.
                  Yeah I don't know about Blox goods. I'm going to cam and tune and all that all at once. I seen that thread about the skunk2 IM and the different opinions. I think it is only because they had bolt ons and not any type of serious mods.
                  I'm down though. Definitely going to research as well.
                  Last edited by jdm_inspired; 05-22-2009, 12:23 AM.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Thanks Jake. So is yours.

Yeah I don't know about Blox goods. I'm going to cam and tune and all that all at once. I seen that thread about the skunk2 IM and the different opinions. I think it is only because they had bolt ons and not any type of serious mods.
                    I'm down though. Definitely going to research as well.
                    I wasn't downing the Blox part really. Blox makes some real decent parts for the buck. Recently in a couple of old issued magazines, they put full Blox drivetrains in B-series project cars and came up with good results. I think Honda-tech gave Blox the "budget skunk2" or if your broke go with them name but in reality, I remember when I was in highschool, Skunk2 was still Skunkworks. Look at how the scene treated their products..... Back in the day it was Ground Controls or Apexi exhausts or nothing. If u had skunkworks springs or exhaust, your car got a thumbs down.

I mean quality "appearance wise" the skunk2 took the cake, but the Blox felt more like the expensive part in my hands. They are both made out of the same material but the thing I noticed was the throttle plate and cable wheel felt more crisp at opening and closing..

I heard Skunk2 throttle bodies stick sometimes...and I find that really annoying. My oem throttle does that sometimes after some spirited driving and coming to a stop. When I blip the throttle to start in 1st, I hear the plate pop as it turns and sometimes causes me to rev higher than I intended because I had to apply more pressure on the gas.

Honestly I think I may go Blox before skunk2 if I have to go 76mm. If it's 72mm...I may go skunk2 if i don't find anything about the pro series versions sticking.
                    707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

voted for ya
                      Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                      -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by cali-racer View Post
                        voted for ya
                        Haha cool. Right on! I doubt ima win though
                        I never do. Thanks for the support though Eric.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Haha cool. Right on! I doubt ima win though
                          I never do. Thanks for the support though Eric.
                          haha yea i doubt too but gotta support the Nor. Cal homies!
                          Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                          -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

This means roar:

Last edited by jdm_inspired; 05-23-2009, 03:55 AM.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Damn you Cali guys and your Sigma lips.

Car looks great!

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                                Damn you Cali guys and your Sigma lips.

Car looks great!
                                Haha, is it only us? Thanks. I got mine from the EAST SIYAD.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Working...
                                X