Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• af_1132
    replied
    Well that is certainly good news! I'll have to research how much advanced timing is recommended for such high compression NA builds, as well as everything else involved. I have a great tuner hookup at Blacktrax, but I need to know as well for tweaking later on, if necessary.

Anyways, thanks for stopping in, and I will PM you today about what I meant by "serious dual TB intake proposal to your shop."

Leave a comment:

• djcaz_aom
    replied
    Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
    I'm checking in to see what updates you have. It's been a minute, so I know you've done something!

Now that I am pulling my motor, I will be contacting you about a serious dual TB intake proposal to your shop. I am taking a similar motor build route as we speak, and doing all the research.

One thing I have heard that concerned me is the high risk of detonation, extreme engine knock, and pinging with compression ratios as high as yours measured on your build (13:1). From what I've heard, even 100 octane will not be enough to eradicate it at such high compression. Is this your understanding of the situation as well?
    Everything is dependant on the tune. I run 93 octane and everything is fine.

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    Yeah, that's a beautiful engine. I hope he got it driving.

Leave a comment:

• af_1132
    replied
    I'm checking in to see what updates you have. It's been a minute, so I know you've done something!

Now that I am pulling my motor, I will be contacting you about a serious dual TB intake proposal to your shop. I am taking a similar motor build route as we speak, and doing all the research.

One thing I have heard that concerned me is the high risk of detonation, extreme engine knock, and pinging with compression ratios as high as yours measured on your build (13:1). From what I've heard, even 100 octane will not be enough to eradicate it at such high compression. Is this your understanding of the situation as well?

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    That's such a top notch setup you're running there. The hood looks good too. It will be awesome to see it all together.

Leave a comment:

• dwhacks
    replied
    Wow, didn't see this one before. Super cool dual throttle bodies! I would love to do something like that one day!

Leave a comment:

• baracuda
    replied
    Hot damn Alex, looking good man!

Leave a comment:

• apalileo
    replied
    Wow! She's definitely going to be a screamer! Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• djcaz_aom
    replied
    Here is a small update.

More to come.

Leave a comment:

• baracuda
    replied
    Any new updates? Hood looks good.

Leave a comment:

• djcaz_aom
    replied
    Brought this home.

Installed my fuel line fittings.

More to come.

Leave a comment:

• djcaz_aom
    replied
    Just really busy with work and getting the Wagon ready.

Leave a comment:

• af_1132
    replied
    I'm glad to see that you're working hard on this build so that it comes out perfect. I hadn't see you active on here for a little while, so I got worried.

Leave a comment:

• djcaz_aom
    replied
    Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
    Really impressive stuff man
    Thanks. I still have alot to do to her.

Leave a comment:

• DCB7
    replied
    Really impressive stuff man

Leave a comment:

Working...