Smokinspeeds : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
    so your not gona have a shop weld your exhaust?
    they can make the whole thing out of 1 piece and or, you can by a cheap N1 kit or something off ebay with the stainless and then slapp your components on there...
    that would be cheaper and easier
    I've already got the welder, It'll come in handy for say, welding charge pipes, heck any other locals exhausts if need be etc. And I can make my own downpipe when it's time. It'll pay for itself pretty quickly I figured. And I want to learn . The setup I'm going for will flow like mad as well, and I want a second large resonator so this sucker has a quiet growl, only to roar when I get all the way on it.
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

AWESOME !!

but, on some advice i can see u use some long fiberglass renforced putty.... why you aint do it with some real fiberglass cloth ? i aint sure about the long time use + vibration

i hope you know the mufler system move....

so, GREAT JOB MAN !! it will look awesome
      My Ride Thread
      The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
      Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

bump for CB7 love! lol
        Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Accord Inspire CB5 headlight conversion

Was it a direct fit or did you have to modiy a lot???

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
          My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Originally posted by lo-specials
            Was it a direct fit or did you have to modiy a lot???
            just look at that crazy-cut hood and the grill

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
            My Ride thread
            Flickr
            Originally posted by d112crzy
            And it can only get better. That's the best part.
            All I gotta really say is:
            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonEye
              AWESOME !!

but, on some advice i can see u use some long fiberglass renforced putty.... why you aint do it with some real fiberglass cloth ? i aint sure about the long time use + vibration

i hope you know the mufler system move....

so, GREAT JOB MAN !! it will look awesome

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
                just look at that crazy-cut hood and the grill
                lol that's the easy part!!! 2 hrs or so to do the hood with a dremel first time, second time prob 1.5 hrs.

But putting them in takes a lot of hacking. Not at all particularly hard, you just cut out metal as you go until it fits. Not a whooole lot to cut out either, just enough so they can go in all the way. The part I still have to re-do is some sort of bracket system, I had them in well enough but got hit in an accident and just barely tapped the person in front of me enough to undo the mounts I had re-mounted to bolt it securely up. Don't fall out or anything, but they are basically sitting in there atm, and they are aimed a hair low until I fab another bracket. The part that took the most brainstorming was the wiring, basically get a socket, and play with the wires until you get the high/lo beam correct (uses one bulb with these headlights instead of two, the inner socket is a fog!!!). Took about 20-30 mins playing with it to get it right, I didn't blow any bulbs but I'd suggest to anyone to get a cheap one and not blow a silverstar or something lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                  lol that's the easy part!!! 2 hrs or so to do the hood with a dremel first time, second time prob 1.5 hrs.

But putting them in takes a lot of hacking. Not at all particularly hard, you just cut out metal as you go until it fits. Not a whooole lot to cut out either, just enough so they can go in all the way. The part I still have to re-do is some sort of bracket system, I had them in well enough but got hit in an accident and just barely tapped the person in front of me enough to undo the mounts I had re-mounted to bolt it securely up. Don't fall out or anything, but they are basically sitting in there atm, and they are aimed a hair low until I fab another bracket. The part that took the most brainstorming was the wiring, basically get a socket, and play with the wires until you get the high/lo beam correct (uses one bulb with these headlights instead of two, the inner socket is a fog!!!). Took about 20-30 mins playing with it to get it right, I didn't blow any bulbs but I'd suggest to anyone to get a cheap one and not blow a silverstar or something lol..

And did the headlights match with the fenders?

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                  My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

no, those lights line up ok, but it needs a wee bit of body work for them to fit perfectly..

on your mounting the lights situation, we normaly design and mold a braket out of chicken wire and cardboard, then wrap it in fiberglass about 6-7 layers, let it harden and drill some hole for it to hold perfectly.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

no, those lights line up ok, but it needs a wee bit of body work for them to fit perfectly..

on your mounting the lights situation, we normaly design and mold a braket out of chicken wire and cardboard, then wrap it in fiberglass about 6-7 layers, let it harden and drill some hole for it to hold perfectly.
                      good idea, probably what I'll do then. I was going to use scrap metal of some sort and weld it on as a bracket to the headlight bottom brackets but I can mold one just as easily.

the lights line up with the line of the body pretty much but on the fenders the two prongs on your normal corner lights are spaced differently, I had to drill another hole on the inside flap and move the other a bit. Basically when I came up to anything it's pretty obvious what needs to be done.

Comment

kool
                        My Ride Thread
                        The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
                        Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

very nice!! good work, man.props

Comment

i am curious as to rather or not you have some new rims in mind in the future?
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

i am curious as to rather or not you have some new rims in mind in the future?
                              Have had these in mind for the LONGEST time, they are the prettiest gloss black I've seen still, and I could kiss that lip lol ok jp but they are hott~! I've seen them irl too they are great..

This picture does not do it justice, look up Motegi FF7 on ebay for the best pics.

Comment

definitely a good choice man, i'd say go for it

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                                My Ride thread
                                Flickr
                                Originally posted by d112crzy
                                And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                                All I gotta really say is:
                                People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Working...
                                X