No announcement yet.

Smokinspeeds : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You get a 40/40 prop valve off an integra? Dunno if you need it for the CL swap but people do it with the accord one.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      You get a 40/40 prop valve off an integra? Dunno if you need it for the CL swap but people do it with the accord one.
      what? I just pulled the rear end off of the CL and put it on my car. Drove it and everything works great so I'm not changing anything...
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

That opens a tonne of rear end upgrades for the CL onto Accord doesnt it?

Time to research.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          I do believe you are right, even with this setup.
          It's an easy replace, under the hood...
          It gives the rear just as much stopping power as the front, creating a more firmer stance when braking instead of nose diving... even if it has stopped nose diving a little imagine what this will help even more...
          just something to think about... i say at most 1 hour to change this.
          Looks good though.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by lowakkord
            That opens a tonne of rear end upgrades for the CL onto Accord doesnt it?

Time to research.
            posted a thread for discussion of this!

99cl rear end on cb7

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
            It gives the rear just as much stopping power as the front, creating a more firmer stance when braking instead of nose diving... even if it has stopped nose diving a little imagine what this will help even more...
            Looks good though.
            the back actually stops very well right now, and the nose dive is almost gone now. Remember these are bigger than the stock cb7 rear disc brakes! Not sure I want to replace the rear pads as often as the front, these seem to be doing a lot of braking right now. Might consider it later though!

Comment

Do you have pictures of how much further out the rear wheels are pushed? Great find though, I bet it felt fantastic when you saw the bolt holes line up.

Also, how much do you figure that 15 yards of black suede will cover? I'm thinking of doing some reupholstery with suede/leather as well and am wondering how much I should expect to need.

Great progress though, looking forward to the turbo.

Comment

Looks good though.
                nah no need to change the prop valve if you feel the car is fine. i was fine after my rear disc swap a few years back on the stock prop valve. reason i changed it out later was b/c of the front caliper change (prelude vtec). i locked up my 17's on the fwy with the stock valve . looks great for free!!!

car is coming along. turbo should be a blast!
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                  Do you have pictures of how much further out the rear wheels are pushed? Great find though, I bet it felt fantastic when you saw the bolt holes line up.

Also, how much do you figure that 15 yards of black suede will cover? I'm thinking of doing some reupholstery with suede/leather as well and am wondering how much I should expect to need.

Great progress though, looking forward to the turbo.
                  No pic yet, and it's not going to help you very much b/c these are strange wheels that already stuck out unlike others you'd have seen before so to you it'll look like an inch, but it's probably between 1/4 and 1/2 in. I figured it's got between 2-3 degrees of negative camber, which has to be changed that's just way to much for the rear.. but they make rear arms to adjust for 4.5 deg of neg camber so that'll work fine even after it's lowered.

It felt GREAT, more like after taking mine out it had BETTER work, I wasn't feeling putting the old one back on after all that pain and sweat!

dude, 15 yds buy like 48in is WAAAY more than I needed.. did both rear doors with LESS than 1 yd. The front doors will be about 1 yd. put the two panels top to bottom (widthwise to use the fabric the most efficiently). I can do the rear deck, rear seats, front dash, headliner, all the trim peices and the whole trunk and have some to spare I bet.. NOT doing the floor with this it'd be to hard to clean. But since I have some different blue fabric for some of the items this is way more than enough! What I did was buy a 'lot' on ebay instead of by the yard, so it ran i think 50-65 shipped? it's been months.. but still it would have run 10$ per yard plus shipping so for 10yds it would have run more than twice that..

a few 5$ cans of contact cement and some cheap brushes and your set!

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                    nah no need to change the prop valve if you feel the car is fine. i was fine after my rear disc swap a few years back on the stock prop valve. reason i changed it out later was b/c of the front caliper change (prelude vtec). i locked up my 17's on the fwy with the stock valve . looks great for free!!!

car is coming along. turbo should be a blast!
                    thanks for the props! excuse the pun! hah ok corny..

but yeah it's not high priority, but later I'll probably go for it. I may see about rear drilled/slotted brakes and do the valve when I upgrade my brakes.

mmmmm turbo why do i have to be broke right now! lol i got more than half the stuff already! geee

Comment

looking nice, cant wait to see the interior completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                        No pic yet, and it's not going to help you very much b/c these are strange wheels that already stuck out unlike others you'd have seen before so to you it'll look like an inch, but it's probably between 1/4 and 1/2 in. I figured it's got between 2-3 degrees of negative camber, which has to be changed that's just way to much for the rear.. but they make rear arms to adjust for 4.5 deg of neg camber so that'll work fine even after it's lowered.
                        haha alright, I hear yah.

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                        dude, 15 yds buy like 48in is WAAAY more than I needed.. did both rear doors with LESS than 1 yd. The front doors will be about 1 yd. put the two panels top to bottom (widthwise to use the fabric the most efficiently). I can do the rear deck, rear seats, front dash, headliner, all the trim peices and the whole trunk and have some to spare I bet.. NOT doing the floor with this it'd be to hard to clean. But since I have some different blue fabric for some of the items this is way more than enough! What I did was buy a 'lot' on ebay instead of by the yard, so it ran i think 50-65 shipped? it's been months.. but still it would have run 10$ per yard plus shipping so for 10yds it would have run more than twice that..

a few 5$ cans of contact cement and some cheap brushes and your set!
                        Oh WOW. I thought that I'd be in it for a lot of money to reupholster my stuff. Good to hear.

Comment

Any updates? Whats new with Smokinspeeds whhhhip?

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                            Any updates? Whats new with Smokinspeeds whhhhip?
                            haha... yeah I just have my head in way to deep right now! lol...

Got the two rear doors done, need to do the handle for one of them still (a paiiin to wrap!). I just ordered a Clarion headunit... I know, not commonly used at all, but I loved mine before it got stolen. This one allows add ons, I love that it has rca imputs, so besides having 4 rca outs (I've got more amps than that even hah!)

http://www.clarionworld.co.uk/stock/dxz558rmp.aspClarion dxz558

and I've got a clarion 7 band eq, it'll also control the sub output level/cutoff.

I'm seriously figuring on completely re-doing my trunk here starting tomorrow, before I glass the doors since I really need another driver panel since I've got to use my car and I'm not doing it without the driver panel. I've also been trying to figure out how my dash is going to turn out... and by that I mean chopping and pastin muahaha.... lol

omg just the thought of all of this right now ugh... but i got to start on something!

Comment

u gona be fiberglassing the dash?
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

u gona be fiberglassing the dash?
                                that's part of the plan yes...

Comment