• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
    ic ic. thanks

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

lol THank you! hah I was going to post the page reference but you beat me to it.

Now time to re-build the front end. Not looking forward to it but as for the results they will be worth it. After riding in another locals car on energy suspension setup and seeing how smooth even 3-4 inches dropped is, mmmmmm yeah I gotta!
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

i am axious to see your dash!

ohh by the way i am painting this civic side project viper blue with a black hood,, no joke..
        i showed him the color and he loved it, and the rest is history.
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

You always do something fucked up dude that I always like. Your car is the only one on which I can stand the tails and wheels.

How tall are you by the way, your car looks so tiny next to you
          NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

So whats the dash look like as of right now,lol. I wanna see it

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
              i am axious to see your dash!

ohh by the way i am painting this civic side project viper blue with a black hood,, no joke..
              i showed him the color and he loved it, and the rest is history.
              ~_~ that's MY color! rofl.... any pictures?

Originally posted by Gyuri87 View Post
              You always do something fucked up dude that I always like. Your car is the only one on which I can stand the tails and wheels.

How tall are you by the way, your car looks so tiny next to you
              Hah thanks, and to think I haven't done anything more than mild plan wise so far hahaha

I am 5'15"

So whats the dash look like as of right now,lol. I wanna see it
              Ask and you shall receive!

.... teasing.

Current:

Previous couple steps, I use cardboard to fill in the general shape of the sunken area, the idea is to eliminate it because it will be MUCH easier to re-wrap with fabric, plus it will look different/clean/more modern.

Cardboard, and yes, an old t'shirt. Used resin and fiberglass hair matting, now (those pics^) using filler for shaping/smoothing.

I'm liking it ^_^

I much appreciate any and all feedback!

Comment

Looks like quite the project! What color is it gonna be when you finish it?

Comment

man i remember those days....

gosh,, i only wish i still had the energy to do all my creative projects like you are..

I can see the final out come and i like it,, i am a lil iffy on the speakers on the dash.. but.. like i said, with the right pretty speaker setup it'll look sweet, awsome job so far man.
                  "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                    man i remember those days....

gosh,, i only wish i still had the energy to do all my creative projects like you are..

I can see the final out come and i like it,, i am a lil iffy on the speakers on the dash.. but.. like i said, with the right pretty speaker setup it'll look sweet, awsome job so far man.
                    right speaker lol......... dont exactly feel like advertising, they will have very modest cloth grills. My mom's volvo s40 had speakers in the dash (recessed of course) and I loved the placement it gave. I just dont feel like putting a huge socket for a 4.5" in the mouldings, esp being so soft (one broke when removing it).

Dash will be wrapped with mostly black, there will be sections seeing as how there's no way huge peices will look good with that many forms. Doing either center with blue or the two bonnets each with a strip of blue. I could go the other way around, but the blue fabric i have does NOT stretch very much, and I think mostly black will be more subtle/mature (my goal for the car now is extreme while still more refined)

Comment

Cool I was hoping it would be mostly black. With hints of blue to match the car it will look great though!

Comment

I much appreciate any and all feedback!
                        Good job So what is going under right side of the dash?

Comment

I am jealous of your skills. That dash looks like it will be pretty cool when it is finished. Nice work and skills good sir.
                          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

What cup size are those? j/k
                            Not my style but good job!

Comment

Dash needs to be completed..i wanna seeee!!!!!!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I'm not trying to copy anyone. I'm thinking of what I want to do, on my own terms. Whether or not it's been done. I know most of you are picturing something a lot more wild for a finished product than it's going to be. Crazy, definately; but I am still going for a nice finish and not just a kid crazy show screamer.

Skills? More like some patience. A bit of an eye helps, but mostly when the stuff hardens before you are finished using/shaping a batch, staying calm and not messing it up trying to hurry is the biggest thing. Ya I could thin it out for a longer set time (very serious glassers do thin) but i've figured out the timing pretty well. If you want to try something, make a paper mold and try glassing around it. See how it shapes, how you need to mix batches of filler, how it sands and whatnot. It's really nowhere as bad as people tend to think when they see experts fabricating crazy designs.

Comment

Working...
                                X