Smokinspeeds : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    Do you have auto or manual belts? Not sure if Ludes in the US had auto belts too, but being in Canada, my cars have manual belts, so I swapped in the black front belts from the Prelude. Required to drill an extra hole, but otherwise, a direct bolt in deal.
    Yeah well... So I've got.it figured out. My auto belts are long gone for a racing harness. Which is useless with lude seats that have no headrest! So I have manual cb7 belts I went back to pick out as I already had the manual plastic trim. The prelude does not have a slider like the accords so I couldn't use that belt. I have to make sure the lude receiving end of the belt accepts the cb belt clip... Meh such a headache. Drill tap and bolt them in then do the lude to accord railswap. Belts in the car tonight I hope but 106 for the high today.

Driving with no hood, hoping I can get to the body part store after work before they close as none were acceptable in the jyard.
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      wow man. you have so much on the go its crazy! You could setup tent for a month and just work on the car I bet feels nice though I bet! I'd say with a diff engine, seats, bumper, muffler, dash, and whatever else you almost have a new car. Loving it!
      I know! And its killing me doing all this.in the summer heh... Got some tien coilovers to put on the car too ..... Working on a jack lee grille and either cb flushed or legend flush by the time I'm ready to get the car painted. Hopefully replacing front.clip next weekend, gonna camp parents garage for a day or.two for that, bumper and headlights.

Edit: 5thvgen side markers and bisi intake gasket... Sooo many hrs of work to do still!
      Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 07-30-2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
        I love your headlight conversion, and you ride is so unique....A+

Yeah unfortunately one is cracked and they are about 400$ to import again so going back stock... Thanks for the props!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
          I know! And its killing me doing all this.in the summer heh... Got some tien coilovers to put on the car too ..... Working on a jack lee grille and either cb flushed or legend flush by the time I'm ready to get the car painted. Hopefully replacing front.clip next weekend, gonna camp parents garage for a day or.two for that, bumper and headlights.

Edit: 5thvgen side markers and bisi intake gasket... Sooo many hrs of work to do still!
          I do the same for big projects. Camp at the rents house and work work work. Feels different (in a nice way) to get up in the AM and immediately start working on ya ride. Days later you emerge greasy, stinky and in need of a shower

Comment

Got a new OEM hood after work. Installed rear door panels, still need pass side opening handle as I didnt have one on the old panel. Sooo much work left to do, while working overtime this week and having 100's outside, I basically have to wait till dark and work for an hour. Plus Olympics so that gets cut short... Headlights on order, need to pick up bumper and some more of the black trim if that se is still ther on sat, sockets to convert back for stock bulbs etc... Plus hopefully seats and belts done during the week... Then bodywork afterthis week... Ahhh

Comment

Got a new OEM hood after work. Installed rear door panels, still need pass side opening handle as I didnt have one on the old panel. Sooo much work left to do, while working overtime this week and having 100's outside, I basically have to wait till dark and work for an hour. Plus Olympics so that gets cut short... Headlights on order, need to pick up bumper and some more of the black trim if that se is still ther on sat, sockets to convert back for stock bulbs etc... Plus hopefully seats and belts done during the week... Then bodywork afterthis week... Ahhh
              lol. I'd be drinking 3-4 energy drinks a day to do all this. Hope you are taking pics as we all love those

Comment

lol. I'd be drinking 3-4 energy drinks a day to do all this. Hope you are taking pics as we all love those
                Man I have if you saw the last page, there are pics of the seats, rear bumper etc. Not installed and car is a mess since everything is in progress so I'm just sweating my way through each task. I will get some pics when I do the front end work, hoping I can get it done in a weekend. It's the final body work and then paint I will be truely excited about, this car has been in dire need of being brought back to quality exterior condition for nearly three years now....

... Feel free to donate to the blue agave energy drink fund!

Comment

Yeah well... So I've got.it figured out. My auto belts are long gone for a racing harness. Which is useless with lude seats that have no headrest! So I have manual cb7 belts I went back to pick out as I already had the manual plastic trim. The prelude does not have a slider like the accords so I couldn't use that belt. I have to make sure the lude receiving end of the belt accepts the cb belt clip... Meh such a headache. Drill tap and bolt them in then do the lude to accord railswap. Belts in the car tonight I hope but 106 for the high today.

Driving with no hood, hoping I can get to the body part store after work before they close as none were acceptable in the jyard.
                  Ah yes, the adjustable height....sedans/wagons had that, whereas coupes and Preludes had fixed belts.

Comment

I NOW HAS PRELUDE SEAT GOODNESS! And I pulled MOST of the black plastic from the SE again, along with an armrest I didn't notice the first time. The only thing is the leather is very dry and has a half inch crack line, I need to condition it and see what happens.

For those who want to do the swap I added some tips to this thread that make it MUCH easier and give it a slightly better seating position.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3036473

Drilling the lower seat back hole further towards the back of the bracket counters the seats sitting to far back at furthest upright position:

These seats feel AMAZING, it is sooo good to get rid of my broken down old seats and racing harnesses.

Unfortunately had a flat on the way home from work friday. I got LUCKY and found the exact same tire used on ebay for 40$ shipped, crazy for a 17" tire. Just add to my list of headaches while its over 100F outside every day.. Need to clean up, finish installing the front SE door panels, a bunch of the black plastic pieces etc, and work on installing my projectors into my new oem 92 93 headlights.

Comment

I'm officially jealous
                      But mad props on getting those seats, its my dream to have a pair!

Comment

I'm officially jealous
                        But mad props on getting those seats, its my dream to have a pair!
                        yeah they are great, I think about as good of a combination as you can get between race seats and stock comfort in terms of padding and support.

Can you see the repair? Hint, it's on the driver seat... It was so minor I couldn't be bothered bot to get these, they are otherwise almost new. The passenger side is even tighter than the driver side, almost never been sat in.

Jelous? And think, I only paid 26$ per seat XD.....

E46 shrouds arrived yesterday, time to retro my new OEM 92 93 headlights!

Comment

$26 per seat. omfg. The last pair of prelude seats I found the person wanted $300 for both seats (car was smashed).

& nice shrouds. Do the little indents around the shroud light up? Can you take a pic of your shrouds for us ? & what housings are you going to use? Where did you buy them, ebay or legit page?

Comment

The shrouds are cheap ebay ones, no they don't light up nor do I care at this point... I want simple, functional HID's in proper lenses and Thats exactly what I'm doing =) Spending more than I had budgeted for currently with the seats and interior, about 200 in all on door panels, plastic peices/center console/ebrake, seats, a flat tire that ate a nail last friday, etc, and I want a replica Flushie or vigor flushie before I get the car painted but I don't know that I can get one now unless I put off paint a while. I STILL will have hail damage on the roof to repair, new trunk lid/hood/fenders etc so nowhere else to do any bondo work makes me more comfortable.

Got a lot of the black plastic from the SE installed, including the center console. Also enjoying the prelude shift bucket, great $10 investment! My carpet is dirty and littered with bolts, i know.

SE panels! Driver's isn't perfect but its not too bad, I can't complain as the other three are flawless, and they were $17 a pop.

Lots of room in the car with the lude seats....

What I'm currently working on, the HID setup, really sucks as I cannot keep the high/low cuttoff switch motor so I have to jb weld the shield in place as these G35 projectors are just way to big..

I retarded the timing a couple degrees and hopefully I can get by for an inspection tomorrow after work. Still driving wife's car most of the time till I get allll the little things straightened out. I am paranoid about getting towed and I am past due in an apartment complex, just hoping I have no issues since I'm not 100% sure how well the new motor is running.

Comment

Why can't you keep the high/low cuttoff switch motor?

Comment

Why can't you keep the high/low cuttoff switch motor?

The motor sticks down almost an inch past the reflectors fattest point. Way to big. Shield cutoffs are jbwelded in place now.
                                Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 08-15-2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X