Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
    Axles are fun
    Yeah, I have gone through six or seven since I got the car.
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

What ever happened to that dash thing you were doing?

Comment

Did you get the bisi gasket installed? I'm interested in the results. When you do are you going to bypass all coolant going through the intake to further reduce heat?

Comment

No gasket install, no nothing since the meet. Dash has been in, empty hole where the screen was gonna be. Love the speaker pods though so its staying a while longer, although I must figure how to get cloth on it without bubbling. That's later though. For now I have a dying alt or bad batt, alt is a couple years old.batt is 3 months old so idk but it's frustrating me atm so I'll find out today after work.

Comment

Bummer, going to get it diagnosed at a local parts store or just buy a bushing kit and hope for the best?

Also with the dash, you should make a removable tablet dock! That would be sick. There are Android engine management/logging apps you could use to monitor your F22B.

Comment

Quick update, haven't been doing much but driving her to work and pulling my hair out from continued starting issues which I have -finally- figured out and fixed. I have some.sick new floor mats, new alt and new starter. Raised the front a hair, it is still less than two finger gap, but the wheels do not hit anymore. I may replace the power steering pump since it has been leaking slowly for years and greasing everything, then start some.minor polishing until I can finish body work and paint in the spring. Oh and I recently acquired a chip burner so I can use my po6, so I may get a wide band after Christmas and start tuning it...

Comment

What was causing the starting issue? Did you throw that bisi gasket on yet? I may have a spare set of F22A6 plenum gaskets you can have if you want to try taking the intake apart from above. If you are ever up for a drive down we can put your car up on stands and pull the IM off in one piece and not even need to take the plenum apart.
                Last edited by wildBill83; 12-17-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

A long, LONG time ago when I relocated the battery, I grounded the engine ground with much to small of a bolt on the secondary ground running off the battery terminal. Without the battery there for the main ground it was all going from the 1 gauge to the 8 or so gauge run off. I realized the run off was hot after trying to start the car, I was looking at it my starter thinking about how it had a power... a remote start, but no ground, then i put two and two and realized my block wasn't grouding out well enough. Split the main cable to two 2gauge terminals and grounded those and no problems now. I can't believe I have been running it like that for so long..

Not much happening atm, there are just a few small things I will tackle before I have the weather to do the body work early spring and then paint. I replaced the destroyed front motor mount while fixing the ground. I still need to do the IM gasket, and I may take you up on that offer. I don't think I need to replace the other gaskets, they were fine on the old motor (the A6 intake mani was only on there a little over a year before the swap and it was cleaned and had new gaskets).

I have a chip burner I picked up, I may grab a wideband if my PO6 is still working and start learning tuning (finally!). I really want to dyno the car, it pulls really well and I want a base on this motor before I plan much else.

I also picked these floor mats up recently, they are sweet with my new interior and I just couldn't pass them up!

Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 12-18-2012, 12:01 AM.

Comment

The only reason I mention new gaskets is that you will want to replace them if you expose them. To remove the IM from the top you need to remove the plenum first, but if you can gain access to the underside while on jack stands you can remove the entire IM in one chunk, not exposing gaskets.

Those are sweet floor mats, where did you score them if you don't mind me asking.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                      The only reason I mention new gaskets is that you will want to replace them if you expose them. To remove the IM from the top you need to remove the plenum first, but if you can gain access to the underside while on jack stands you can remove the entire IM in one chunk, not exposing gaskets.

Those are sweet floor mats, where did you score them if you don't mind me asking.
                      Pep boys.

Comment

Nice find on the mediocre ground, and those floor mats are prettty pimp too!

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                        BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                        Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                        CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

What type of chip burner did you get? Is your P06 already socketed?

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                            What type of chip burner did you get? Is your P06 already socketed?
                            I don't remember off the top of my head, it was a good price from a member here and I got it right before the move so I have to dig it up. The po6 was chipped a long time ago and ran a few cars before I got it. It ran two days then went into limp mode and I have been storing it since. I thought it might have been the fact I was still auto back then but it was still in limp after the 5spd swap. I had some extra chips along with the dsm 450cc injectors but I don't even.know if I still have any of those so I may just pick up some blanks soon. I need to start looking for a deal on a good wideband.

Comment

Love the floor mats!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Oh SNAP I may have some new shoes for her! I found a major steal on some rare jdm sparcos!

Comment

Working...
                                X