Those new wheels are fuggin sick man!
    wanna see em installed

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
    BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
    Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
    CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Old Brakes.

My old studs were too short for the new wheels, so I got some long ones.

New Brakes

BAM.

Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 02-20-2013, 09:16 PM.
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

mmm, those wheels look really good

I say drop it some more.

Comment

Originally posted by jchsmiley View Post
          mmm, those wheels look really good

I say drop it some more.
          Yeah the right side is a bit higher than the left but atm I have to drive home on some of the worst roads in dallas... Forest from 35 towards 75... and I kept having to raise it because the potholes make it bottom out terribly. The rear tires are also sticking out 3/4" and the rub a little bit, so I cant really lower the rear now. If I had used the 8" wheels on the back like I wanted it would have been over an inch! Maybe ill tuck and stance it if I get another car as my daily, but I do too many miles to go lower unless I get a much stiffer setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
            Yeah the right side is a bit higher than the left but atm I have to drive home on some of the worst roads in dallas... Forest from 35 towards 75... and I kept having to raise it because the potholes make it bottom out terribly. The rear tires are also sticking out 3/4" and the rub a little bit, so I cant really lower the rear now. If I had used the 8" wheels on the back like I wanted it would have been over an inch! Maybe ill tuck and stance it if I get another car as my daily, but I do too many miles to go lower unless I get a much stiffer setup.
            Dang that road is TERRIBLE! I don't blame ya for raising it. Ever thought of using NW hwy?

Comment

Originally posted by jchsmiley View Post
              Dang that road is TERRIBLE! I don't blame ya for raising it. Ever thought of using NW hwy?
              Nah the way I go home is the most direct without taking 635, which always always at my going home time is backed up.

Comment

Car is looking good! I see your real close to being done with your conversion back to stock.
                Love them rims!!
                Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
                CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                Coupe MRT

Comment

This car is making my nose bleed... 250 ish in all for the front brake upgrade, 70$ for tuner nuts, 40 for the extended wheel studs, now 320+ for the rear brakes which I have to have a shop complete, plus alignment, over 700$ in a week. But hey that's the cost of doing it right. Thankfully I got some recent overtime to make this possible.

Fixed door open sensor for driver door which makes me happy, cleaned the interior up a bit, now I need to install the 1 gauge bat cable and re run the trunk ground. If that solves my random not starting issue, I will be thrilled, if not I am going to wire a push start that only works with the key in.

Edit: I think I may need a headgasket. My wife just flew out on emergency to cali as her grandpa is dying, so I have her car for the week, so I have to figure something out asap. *sigh*
                  Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 02-22-2013, 06:45 PM.

Comment

The future of this car is really up in the air atm.

I just found out that the complex we just moved into doesn't allow you to work on your car on property, not even wash it or they may fine me.

I will probably hold on to it until we can rent a house or something with a garage towards the end of the year, or part it out.
                    Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 03-08-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Keep your head up bro, stick with it.. Don't sell it or part it. Unless you wanna sell me them sparcos

It will pay off in the end

Comment

Turns out the shop that did my alignment either bumped a plug on my oil pan or decided to fumble with it, and that was the main oil leak that was on the ground but not the only one. I replaced the valvecover gasket, but I am still not sure if it is leaking from the front side seals or not, keeping an eye on it.

These wheels look sweet, but they are just too heavy. With a height that pretty much didn't bottom out at all with the previous wheels, these bottom out over the smallest bumps. I either need to raise it to nearly stock height, or get much stiffer coilovers. I have put around 3k$ into the car in a year and if I tell her I need to put another 600$+ into this old car she will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                          Turns out the shop that did my alignment either bumped a plug on my oil pan or decided to fumble with it, and that was the main oil leak that was on the ground but not the only one. I replaced the valvecover gasket, but I am still not sure if it is leaking from the front side seals or not, keeping an eye on it.

These wheels look sweet, but they are just too heavy. With a height that pretty much didn't bottom out at all with the previous wheels, these bottom out over the smallest bumps. I either need to raise it to nearly stock height, or get much stiffer coilovers. I have put around 3k$ into the car in a year and if I tell her I need to put another 600$+ into this old car she will kill me.
                          Why do alignment places suck so much. They always seem to mess shit up.
                          And that sucks about the new pad and them not allowing cars washed or worked on. What the hell? Can't wash your car..., high class I suppose.
                          You should take the rims off and keep them, set them aside. See if you can store the car and parts until you find a proper pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                            Why do alignment places suck so much. They always seem to mess shit up.
                            And that sucks about the new pad and them not allowing cars washed or worked on. What the hell? Can't wash your car..., high class I suppose.
                            You should take the rims off and keep them, set them aside. See if you can store the car and parts until you find a proper pad.
                            Yeah it's actually a very reputable shop. I had to pull a pan last year because the oil drain bolt was completely stripped, and every pan I found that day was bashed in completely or had a plug for a hole so that was the best I found. Ii know it looked weird but you don't need to poke around my car to just do an alignment.. This time around I just bought one new one, so another 90$ later... Not to mention my stupid jack went out while the car was on stands, and the exchanged one is bad and barely got it back off the stands..

Headaches.

Possibly picking up a completely unmolested civic ex 5 speed hatch tomorrow.

Comment

Just picked this up.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=3123078

H23A Dohc Vtec swapped 96 Civic Ex.

CB7 isn't gone yet, but I will be removing the wheels, suspension, audio, and probably selling seats and maybe SE door panels etc, possibly selling the wagon brakes, and after paint and a few fixes to make a clean running car, selling it. If someone is SERIOUSLY interested in it in current state, and is willing to consider an offer worth it with everything done, I might not part it out. Sad day, but after 9 years, it has been a very eventful run.

Comment

An MRT is not the proper place for a FS thread, please delete the post and start a FS thread.
                                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Working...
                                X