X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks awesome bro.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

This past sunday some friends and I drove to the little town of Laguna Vista outside of Port Isabel to join some Porsche guys for their PCA event at Cameron County Airport. Since it was my first time I paid $60 for three twenty minute sessions, which is by far the best bang for your buck regarding track time. This course was setup on an old piece of pure concrete runway that is grippy and perfect for street tires. This time the course was setup in a 1.8 mile course with loads of technical driving required.
      It was my first time at such an event, so my friend Jake was my instructor for my first session. After I gathered as much road racing wisdom as I could remember I was off on my own in a four door family sedan

I won't go into to much detail, but by the end of the day I was at the top of my run group chasing down a porshe boxster type s. I passed a 350z, lotus esprit, lapped some civics, and got the reluctant point-by from many porshes that didn't like me riding their bumper. I topped out the u2q7's fourth gear in the chicane(120mph), destroyed my stock rear brake pads(front race pads), and if I would have had pads for the time trials I would have been 9th out of around 20 cars(I ran really low 1:35s). I was consistently beating my friend's track prepped miata throughout the day, and boy was he pissed!

Come on Texas cb7s! Let's fight for some respect on the track! Road racing is the best!

Here is a slideshow of pics from a guy that obviously didn't care for miatas and accords. See if you can spot the cb7!?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spyderg...th/4474739208/
      '92 LX.
      JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Sold to: tysCb7, johnD1079, AccordHybrid92, GUA-D'zCb-7, judonoh, DriftProjectR, AeyJayCB7, C91BLX7, H23CB7

Comment

Oh yeah, I was the only one that drove my car three hours to get there, run the crap out of it, then drive three hours back home without any problems whatsoever!
        '92 LX.
        JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Sold to: tysCb7, johnD1079, AccordHybrid92, GUA-D'zCb-7, judonoh, DriftProjectR, AeyJayCB7, C91BLX7, H23CB7

Comment

Originally posted by ThrakBarts View Post
          Oh yeah, I was the only one that drove my car three hours to get there, run the crap out of it, then drive three hours back home without any problems whatsoever!
          Good stuff! Still thinking about those Sawblades, but my truck is getting all the attention right now, hehe.
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Congratulations, you have just been nominated for AOM.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

wow pretty clean and nice too
              VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
              1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
              MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
                Congratulations, you have just been nominated for AOM.
                haha, don't do that. My car will look way cooler in a month with some wide wheels, low offsets, and Ronald Type R Flare!
                '92 LX.
                JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

looking good bro. glad to see that passenger floor didnt fall off lol

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Thanks to 90accords for reaming the lca's to fit the prelude ball joint, cb7pr for the prelude rears, my buddy clint at springrates.com for the great prices on arp extended lugs, and my hookup at autozone for the free rotors!

Here is my all prelude five lug conversion with one new oem honda and one autozone front wheel bearing(boogered up the other oem honda one ), $50 infiniti q45 wheels (daily), arp extended lugs, and much more to come for my track setup.
                    Last edited by ThrakBarts; 08-01-2010, 03:34 AM.
                    '92 LX.
                    JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

me likes

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq
                      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

looking good man

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I'm glad you guys think it looks ok. I really don't do many appearance mods, and am inclined to think it looks ugly.

On another note, Nelson will be excited/bewildered to hear that within the past few days I have driven this car over 2100 miles. I guess if I make it back, I have little reason not to go to AFM with you!

I drove from Corpus Christi to Siloam Springs, Arkansas for brother's wedding. From there I drove down scenic highway 23 (shredded the 19 mile Pig Trail's hairpin curves!) to I-40 and proceeded eastward through AR, TN, and NC. I arrived late monday night in Morehead City NC to visit family.

Car drove great except for intermittent ignitor failure during the hottest parts of the day. Car is dirty, my belly is full of great seafood, and tomorrow I think I will go swimming in the Atlantic for the first time in years
                          '92 LX.
                          JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Nice sounds like it was a damn good time.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                            X