203Cree : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lokuputha
    wow! that H&R coilover unit is a pretty penny....should ride very well..can't wait to see it all together
    Yeah, I'm searching around for someplace that has them a bit cheaper. I need the adjustability tho, so if I gotta pay that much...... Well, I guess I'm stuck with it.

- Rob -
    92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
    85 Toyota 4Runner
    1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
    2008 HD 1200N
    2009 HD 883N

Comment

Thats the same exhaust setup that I have Rob, I really am pretty pleased with the exhaust note. Only suggestion about that would be it might not hurt to check out Nu-Image Auto Salon off of Southwest BLVD. That is where I Purchased mine from. I bought it for 250 and had it installed for 40 bucks more. Later

Comment

So I started ordering things tonight. Picked up a cheapo CAI and a WS2 on Ebay. The exhaust was 375 shipped, so I think I got a pretty good deal on it considering everyone else wanted 500+ shipping. Now it's on to body parts.

Probably gonna order the suspension stuff and shoes tomorrow. I'm starting to rethink the motor situation. I'd really like to drop a H23 or F22B in it with a 5 spd, but I could just rebuild the motor in there with a couple of hotter parts and be cheaper in the long run. It's not like this car will ever be as fast as my truck, lol. I think really I'm more worried about it just being fun, and I don't need a lot of power to have fun with it. Have to think on it some more I guess.

- Rob -
        85 Toyota 4Runner
        2008 HD 1200N
        2009 HD 883N

Comment

I can give you the SN's of two different people on KCSR that have offered me F22b1's for my wheels. LMK if you want their names. Later

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
            I can give you the SN's of two different people on KCSR that have offered me F22b1's for my wheels. LMK if you want their names. Later
            The DOHC motors?

- Rob -
            85 Toyota 4Runner
            2008 HD 1200N
            2009 HD 883N

Comment

F22B1 and F22B2's are both sohc.

I am pretty sure Rob is referring to the Jdm F22B dohc. Look on ebay, you can get one with 60k for $500.

Comment

yea, the jdm f22b are dohc. they run about 500-700 shipped.

HP to weight ratio, FTW!

BTW, your truck is clean man.

Kinda strange, from a truck to a family sedan. Welcome to the family!
                Last edited by sackingz123; 02-22-2007, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                  yea, the jdm f22b are dohc. they run about 500-700 shipped.

HP to weight ratio, FTW!

BTW, your truck is clean man.

Kinda strange, from a truck to a family sedan. Welcome to the family!
                  Well, I've still got the truck. The CB is gonna be my DD. Normally, I'd leave a DD alone, but since I own it and it's a good, reliable car, I figured it wouldn't hurt to dump some money in it. If I'm gonna rock it everyday, I might as well enjoy driving it.

And Wheels/Tires are ordered now. I went with Drag DR11's instead, in 17x7's. They had Anthracite finish, and I'm a sucker for that.

- Rob -
                  85 Toyota 4Runner
                  2008 HD 1200N
                  2009 HD 883N

Comment

And now the Coilovers and Camber kit are ordered. Damn it feels good spending money.

- Rob -
                    85 Toyota 4Runner
                    2008 HD 1200N
                    2009 HD 883N

Comment

Originally posted by 203Cree
                      And now the Coilovers and Camber kit are ordered. Damn it feels good spending money.
                      that it does man!...

u should think about a good sway bar kit for ur car...it will really complement the coilover setup...even with strong springs and shocks...u'll still feel the sway b/c of the CB's suspension geometry

can't wait to c ur installed pix
                      DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
                        that it does man!...

u should think about a good sway bar kit for ur car...it will really complement the coilover setup...even with strong springs and shocks...u'll still feel the sway b/c of the CB's suspension geometry

can't wait to c ur installed pix
                        Any recommendations? The suspension is gonna be the heart of this car, so if you've got an idea, LMK. I did order the tower braces and a lower tie bar, but I hadn't thought of the sway bars.

- Rob -
                        85 Toyota 4Runner
                        2008 HD 1200N
                        2009 HD 883N

Comment

The DOHC motors?
                          They are both the USDM SOHC motors. One of the guys tried to tell me his 5th gen came from the dealership with a JDM F22b. lol IDIOTS . Later

Comment

It's cool Mike. I decided since I can't find a 23 around here, I'm just gonna do a frank. Just picked up a head and intake.

- Rob -
                            85 Toyota 4Runner
                            2008 HD 1200N
                            2009 HD 883N

Comment

Any recommendations? The suspension is gonna be the heart of this car, so if you've got an idea, LMK. I did order the tower braces and a lower tie bar, but I hadn't thought of the sway bars.

The most comprehensive sway bar system for our car is the Suspension Technique...its only down point is that its nuclear green... F:27mm R:21mm List Price: $348.00

I think Intrax use to make a system for our cars...Im not sure about its availability. Found it: Intrax Anti Roll Bar F:25mm R:16mm List Price: $389.00
                              this kit is purple...

nuclear green > purple .............................
                              DEVOTE

Comment

Sweet! I'll have to wait till next week on that. I'll just have to get the rattle can out I guess, lol.

- Rob -
                                85 Toyota 4Runner
                                2008 HD 1200N
                                2009 HD 883N

Comment

Working...
                                X