• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics god damnit!
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

You'll see it tomorrow, lmao. It looks like a stock CB on steelies with sidemarkers and shit, lol.

- Rob -
      92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
      85 Toyota 4Runner
      1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
      2008 HD 1200N
      2009 HD 883N

Comment

Looking nice cuz!
        92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Well, so I guess I'm back to this car again, lol. Salvaged a lot of parts off the 93, namely the doors, hood, trunk lid, both rear quarters and most importantly, the H22 plus the harness for it. Woot woot. Gonna start doin the easy stuff probably next weekend, like swapping doors and what not. Quarters will have to wait till it warms up. Anyhow......

- Rob -
          85 Toyota 4Runner
          2008 HD 1200N
          2009 HD 883N

Comment

Whaaaa?!?

Rob's back? You putting parts from the red one a new one?

Glad you're back. Keep the pics and updates coming.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
              Whaaaa?!?

Rob's back? You putting parts from the red one a new one?

Glad you're back. Keep the pics and updates coming.
              I never really left homie, just changed directions a time or two, .

I had this car and Accord_Inspire's old car. This is the one I started on originally, then switched to his old ride, then found out it was a raging pile of shit other than the shell, so now I'm back to this one and that car now looks like this.....

Or at least it did. It's probably gone thru the shredder by now. SO, I need to put my suspension back under this, get the H22 back together, swap the good body panels, do my rear discs and change the interior, and then toss some paint at it and it's done. Hopefully after tax season it'll be finished, lol.

- Rob -
              85 Toyota 4Runner
              2008 HD 1200N
              2009 HD 883N

Comment

I think i can see a center console piece. Maybe a seat cushion....

So that pile is Accord_Inspire's old car? And you're now working your orginal ride?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Yes and Yes.

- Rob -
                  85 Toyota 4Runner
                  2008 HD 1200N
                  2009 HD 883N

Comment

Bet he was glad to see that thing go...

Well, you may not have left, but im glad you're going to the CB route again. I never got a chance to see the old one in person. I better get to see this one.

Comment

This is the old one, and the one that I'm still working on, lol. Keep up son!

- Rob -
                      85 Toyota 4Runner
                      2008 HD 1200N
                      2009 HD 883N

Comment

Damn...i did lose track.

I forgot you made the switch.

Well, im yet to see ANY car of yours in person. You should make the X-Mas meet.

Comment

So 162,980 miles and the water pump finally gave out, lol. New pump, new timing set, balance shaft seal, oil pump seal, accessory belts, valve cover gasket and grommets, new plugs, distributor shaft seal and a timing adjustment later, this thing runs better than the day I got it. Seriously. I'd never been able to take the car past 4800 rpm without it breaking up on me. She'll spin to redline now, and it actually seems to like it, lol.

Man, I probably should've done this crap a long time ago, lol. Pretty sure I pulled off the original timing belts, .

- Rob -
                          85 Toyota 4Runner
                          2008 HD 1200N
                          2009 HD 883N

Comment

Sounds good, Rob.

Say, you got any plans for December 27th

Comment

Project Unfuck Doors

Is underway. I gotta say, the fenders and doors are a lot harder to take off when you actually give a shit about them, lol. I'll post pics later tonight or tomorrow after I get the new one's on. Doin both drivers doors to replace the ones that got punched in last year, lol.

- Rob -
                              85 Toyota 4Runner
                              2008 HD 1200N
                              2009 HD 883N

Comment

So I'm about halfway on the swap now. Let's get some pics going shall we?

Getting Started...

Front end torn down as far as need be....

Oh look, no door.

This is where things took a shit. I started looking at the harness for the door and didn't like what I saw. This door came off Accord_Inspire's old car, so I was kinda shocked by what I found. That car came with PFM's, so I figured while I had it torn apart I'd go ahead and toss those on. Well, this is an example of what I found. Pretty much the entire door harness looked like this. Different gage wires just twisted together and covered with tape. Word to the wise, DON'T DO THAT SHIT!

So at this point, I figured I'd go ahead and toss on the new door and figure out what I was going to do from there.

Being the guy I am, I decided I'd go ahead and salvage the harness and use the PFM's. Well, like I said, being who I am, that required more tear down. I supopse I could've done this a bit different, but the way it is now, you'd be hard pressed to notice that this wasn't a factory install.

Passenger side torn down. The wire harness is actually done in this pic.

Drivers side. Wiring is again finished in this one. Pretty much ready to toss the fenders back on both sides at this point.

Spent some time on this stuff. I wish I'd taken pics of it before I started so you guys could have a good example of what NOT to do, but alas, I was too consumed in my work to bother with pics.

So, there's where I'm at. I still need to do the drivers rear door, finish up the drivers front, put the passenger front back together and get the front end back on. I also got a brand new window regulator and run channel to throw in, but I'm waiting for a new door handle before I mess with those items. Should be good as new when I get her finished up, which will hopefully be tomorrow.

- Rob -
                                85 Toyota 4Runner
                                2008 HD 1200N
                                2009 HD 883N

Comment

Working...
                                X