Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NH-503P-3
    replied
    Damn, they couldn’t send you out west huh. Bummer.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    So been chasing down some gremlins and happy that I found the culprits:

First thing first, I went back to my old Odyssey Setup in the front, due to the 20mm spacers pushing the wheel to far out and causing them to rub on the fender. So I just decided to wait until I can get my dream rims, which will cost about 2k.

Second, I have gone back to the traditional dizzy setup, kept having issues with spark blow out past 10 psi. Once I purchase all new Coil Packs Ill go back to the COP setup. I tried troubleshooting which coil it was , but I was only working with 5 packs and the junkyard doesn't have any j series. I have iridium plugs and they were gapped to .021 and was stilling having issues with spark blow out. So im sure one the coils was weak.

Third,
    Finally washed her after 6 years of neglect. I will eventually claybar and wax her but the wash is good for now.

Fourth,
    Was having issues with 2-4 not going into gear, I thought it was the trans going out, until I decided to upgrade to an s2000 CMC and as I was looking how the hardline was routed, noticed the damper system was leaking and Boom ran the CMC direct to the Slave and now it shifts like butter.

So I killed a couple birds with one stone. Cleaned up the bay with a cleaner look, solved my trans issue, and reduced weight

And last but not least,
    I decided to tackle my fuel leak. I noticed that my gas tank wasn't hissing whenever I opened the fuel cap and anytime my tank was half full and I took a hard right turn I would smell fuel. So I dropped the tank and found the breather hose was torn right at the clamp. I went ahead and replaced all the 27 year old rubber hoses while I was down there. Problem Solved.

She is running strong, still fun as hell to drive and I have a dyno appointment setup on the 9th to finally get some numbers. Hopefully the place doesn't get struck by lightening again.

Also Heads up, Ill be moving to VA soon. so anyone live in the area send me a DM!
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 09-02-2020, 11:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
    Very cool setup meng! She’s looking good bro.
    Thanks Mark! And thanks for the RL calipers as well!
    Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
    Love how you are the first for the F series COP kit. It will help out so much!
    Ya so far I am loving it, car idles smoother and now I don’t have to worry about the high failure items. It also cleans up the bay a bit.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    So many sick upgrades! I'm guessing RLs don't fit under 16" wheels?
    That is correct, they just barely clear the 17s by maybe a 1/4 of an inch.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Very nice!
    (in the syncrotech Accord F22 5th gear set the larger gear is not required / is the same size as OEM. I confronted them about this and he agreed. Guess they make their $ this way too. All good either way.)
    It never hearts time replace a 27 year old gear. But I was wondering what all they did to the gears as the big gear didn’t look like anything was done to it.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Very nice!
    (in the syncrotech Accord F22 5th gear set the larger gear is not required / is the same size as OEM. I confronted them about this and he agreed. Guess they make their $ this way too. All good either way.)

Leave a comment:

• CyborgGT
    replied
    So many sick upgrades! I'm guessing RLs don't fit under 16" wheels?

Leave a comment:

• excalibur02
    replied
    Love how you are the first for the F series COP kit. It will help out so much!

Leave a comment:

• NH-503P-3
    replied
    Very cool setup meng! She’s looking good bro.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    alright, been a while since I have updated my thread, I have incorporated somethings that I have been wanting to do for a while now.

First thing,

Scored a great deal on some RL calipers from Mark and his buddy, granted I know I have plenty of stopping power with my current odyssey brakes, but RL calipers do look sexy in our wheel wells.

I then paired these with R1 Concept, 350z Nismo edition Drilled and slotted 12.6" rotors:

To support these calipers I went with the tried and true FatFourCustoms Brackets and again both these companies provided excellent customer service!

Since I wanted to run extended studs, I went to they yard and picked up some 00-02 v6 Accord knuckles and went ahead and replaced the bearings and ball joints, as well as installed ARP extended studs.

I had to run a 20mm spacer to clear the 06 Civic SI rims, but this will be ok until I save up for my rims that I want in the future.

Then for my birthday, my wife surprised me and purchased sychnrotech Carbon Master rebuild kit and a machined Accord 5th gear to rebuild my T2W4. Im excited and nervous to explore in uncharted territory. Again major shout out to David at Synchrotech for hooking my wife up and making it easy for her to place the order.

Then finally and the mod I was most excited about, was I worked with Simon at Nomis Industries and Steve with Simmonstuning/hondarulez_usa and was able to get a prototype and final product for COP tie downs for the f22a. I don't think I'm the first person to have their F22a COP converted but I was excited to at least help bring it to the public.

Final products:

Nomis industries ECU cover, allows us to see the s300 and hondarulez COP motherboard:

Gutted Dizzy

This was taken prior to dressing up wire harness, but you get the idea:

I haven't had a chance to drive on it yet, but I did let it idle for a bit and I do notice that it does idle smoother then before which is nice.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 06-30-2020, 10:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Daheavyking
    replied
    Loving the interior boss!!

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Sorry about that Paul, corrected my mistake =). If you have them yes please. You can remove the control arms from the glass, I can send you a pic of the manual on how to do it, but you basically remove the c clip under the arm where it attaches to the glass on the inside.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Ruby (90 LX sedan) is still alive (although rusting again) and kicking at 384k with her tan interior. The gray interior was from Rose (92 EX coupe) - it looks great in there. Kick panels and trunk/gas lever cover are on their way. I didn't think about the quarter window arm covers; they are probably still attached to the quarter windows; need me to send them?

I think Jarrett just used a trash can to dye his carpet.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-25-2020, 01:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Ya looks great! I should add that while my black pieces did fade after the years it was the wear items that faded. Rear seat interior I dyed still look the same. Floor mats, ug. I take it you're on the hunt for black seat belts too now

As for the distribution block for the fuse box and starter.... what you going to do? I've put a lot of thought into this scenario for my ride.

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    The carpet looks great!! I never thought to dye my carpet in this manner.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    While waiting for my carpet to dry I went ahead and started working on making the accord more safe.

Installed the firewall pass through for the power line, next will be adding in the distribution block for the fusebox and starter. But baby steps:

Ignore the wire mess, I have since cleaned them up to make them more organized.

After its second bath in the RIT dye I decided it was good enough to install so here is the interior all put together:

Yes the quarter glass arm covers are an eye sore and I will have those replaced, once I get the rest of the plastic.

Cyborg,

This is what I used to create the bathtub, its a 50 gal tote you can get at home depot, I used it for hauling camping items, or car parts. It comes with a yellow top.

You've probably seen them on the back of an SUV sitting those little hitch storage basket things:

You have to fold the carpet in quarters to get it to fit and then I had some chain sitting around that I used to help keep the carpet submerged.

Thanks Paul (Fleetwood) for the interior, glad Rose can still live on through my car.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 03-25-2020, 08:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Anything I dyed (floor mats for example) have now faded and look like crap. I hope yours turns out better

Leave a comment:

Working...
X