Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accordtypeR
    Well nick if the cb is gonna be up and running would you be able the make the trip to the meet.
    Thats when we are putting the motor in is on saturday
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
      Thats when we are putting the motor in is on saturday
      Aww man anyways I hope everything goes smoothly.
      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
      ....................My New Baby
      SOLD TO
      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Process of temp motor going in car till block is finished.

Swap the manual tranny parts over to the auto. Also the two motors along side each other.

The new temp motor with all the parts on it turbo, intake mani, tranny etc..

The heartless beast

I removed all the a/c components including the condenser in the front as well as all the power steering components. This created more room and a lot more airflow now.

New temp motor going in

Tomorrow i will have a finished product pic
        Last edited by Grumpys93; 11-12-2018, 12:41 AM.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

it might be a little torqier now with the single cam, hmmm, makes me wanna stay with my car. we'll see wat happens, i wanna head down to o-town, and have some roll racing with ya, i dont trust digs anymore, might break another axle, but hey make sure you build that motor right, cuz ill be waiting
          OLD

Comment

Very nice. I can't wait to see the finished product!!
            92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Looking good nick..cant wait to see her done..

My Old Baby
              SOLD TO

Comment

Well the car is not going to be up and running for a long time. Last night had it running for a couple mins and was all excited, started up on the first try. I look for leaks and i notice a little bit of oil. I figured nothing of it, but wanted to be safe, so I started it again and noticed more oil under the car coming from behind the flywheel aka the rear main seal. then out of no where it started pouring oil and was making a screaming high pitch noise. It kinda sounds like a kettle blowing when the water is boiling. So i ran to shut the car off. I have no clue if there is any internal damage. I was very disappointed i paid 200 dollars in everything motor lift, gaskets, etc just find out the the motor wasn't going to do me any good anyway.
                Last edited by Grumpys93; 05-07-2015, 09:10 PM.
                ~Nick~

Comment

Sorry to hear that Nick,i wish i could help,yeah just wait for the new motor and do it right

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Damn man im sorry to hear that i had to do my clutch on friday with the help of PR and mr.Phil and that thing is a pain.

Mr.Phil: "FitMoHoesInMyFoDO"
                    Young jeezy:If you ain't talking about money then you ain't talkin bout Shit.

Comment

Well the car is not going to be up and running for a long time. Last night had it running for a couple mins and was all excited, started up on the first try. I look for leaks and i notice a little bit of oil. I figured nothing of it. then i turn car off get ready to take if off the jacks then i am like well lets try starting it again. I start it again and i notice more oil under the car and im thinking ok maybe its the oil feed like no problem well there leak wasn't coming from there. I noticed it came from behind the flywheel aka the rear main seal. And then out of no where it started pouring oil and was making a screaming high pitch noise. Mind you it was doing this before on the first crank. It kinda sounds like a kettle blowing when the water is boiling. So i ran to shut the car off. I have no clue if there is any internal damage but i said fuck it, i am waiting till i put the built motor in. I was very disappointed i paid 200 dollars in everything motor lift, gaskets, etc just find out the the motor was going to do me any good anyway.

You could say hey nick its just the rear main seal take the tranny clutch flywheel off and replace. But right now i am so down and tired of the car i trully just want to wait till i get the other motor build. One that i am building by my hands and built the right way. Unless someone wants to come up and help me cause i hate, hate doing trannys and clutchs so. Ya thats that in a hand basket.
                      Dang it. You were talking to me about this on AIM, you didn't mention the oil leak, etc. Ouch, I wonder if it seized up or close to. Damage may be done.

Does it turn over by hand? Did the oil psi dummy light go on?

Anyhow, I thought all this was going on your built motor, I'm glad it's not. It's not as much money as that would be, so don't get too down. Perhaps you got a dud motor replacement, it happens. Doesn't pay to try and rush to install it, rarely works.

Sorry I didn't help much, you were talking sporatically (I can see now why, the frustration) and I couldn't make clear sense on what you were saying and what motor we talked about specifically.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

update: car is now running and running very nicely. Going to have mrx tune it sometime next week. But ya ill get a pic. Im happy now
                        ~Nick~

Comment

update: car is now running and running very nicely. Going to have mrx tune it sometime next week. But ya ill get a pic. Im happy now
                          Its about time...lol.

My Old Baby
                          SOLD TO

Comment

so wats up in the world of turbo nick???
                            OLD

Comment

what caused the death of motor #1

ill let nick explain everything

174.92 BHP / 171.45 WTQ

Comment

Ohh i see..

My Old Baby
                                SOLD TO

Comment

Working...
                                X