No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys just checking in, I am about a month out from graduating from Officer Candidate School, where I will then be moving to Pensacola. So progress on this will continue to be slow. But I will slowly chip away at it.

As for the motor, it is ready to be dropped in and I have the money for a tune and all the other things I have planned, but because I will have to move within 10-15 days after graduating Officer school, I won't have time to do the swap how I want to. So I am hoping by the end of the year this car will be force fed again.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Right on Nick. Good luck with the rest of your schooling and the move.
      5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

life is more important and early congrats on getting your schooling done!
        the car will always be there so you can enjoy it at your own leisure, don't skimp on the rest of life.
        there is so much more to live for than just our little hobby...and this is coming for a diehard CB guy!

what a great build here!
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Nick, glad to hear that training is going well. Hopefully even after moving you can get to working on the Accord again at some point.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

So finally back in Jax and I will actually be here for 2 months before heading to Pensacola. Decided to take her for a spin and was greeted with a dead battery even though it was connected to a trickle charger. The battery was over 5 years old so I think the battery just pooped out of me, so 140 dollars later got a new battery and she runs like before.

I do have an issue right now with every time I press the brake pedal my dash lights come on, after reading some forums I think I may have placed the wrong type of bulb in. But I will double check later this week.

For my birthday my wife bought me a Blox weighed Sphere shift knob and my sister got me a duel pressure gauge for the fuel rail so I am pretty excited about throwing those parts in. I’ll post pics later. I am really hoping Jon comes back and makes the cb7 knobs, but this one will do for now.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
              life is more important and early congrats on getting your schooling done!
              the car will always be there so you can enjoy it at your own leisure, don't skimp on the rest of life.
              there is so much more to live for than just our little hobby...and this is coming for a diehard CB guy!

what a great build here!
              This is probably the best thing I have read all week.
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

So I fixed my brake switch issue. So if you ever come across an issue where, when you press the brake pedal and your dash lights and parking lights come on. You probably installed the wrong bulb in your tail lights. So I fixed my issue by installing the proper bulb which is a dual filament and not single filient. Hopefully this will help people in the future.
                ~Nick~

Comment

Nick, I hope your getting to put some miles on the Accord before moving, now that all your lights are sorted out.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Damn Nick, great work! Since I last checked in you've done quite a bit. Glad to see you sorted out the gas tank issues. It makes me worry about my own! The Momo steering wheels is super nice! Gotta love the other half for finally pitching in on the project! The AeroCatch latches came out really good. I've really been considering switching to those in place of the Spectre ones I have.

Great progress on the build, your machine shop does excellent work. That head looks factory new. Glad to see another F22 getting some love!
                    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                      Damn Nick, great work! Since I last checked in you've done quite a bit. Glad to see you sorted out the gas tank issues. It makes me worry about my own! The Momo steering wheels is super nice! Gotta love the other half for finally pitching in on the project! The AeroCatch latches came out really good. I've really been considering switching to those in place of the Spectre ones I have.

Great progress on the build, your machine shop does excellent work. That head looks factory new. Glad to see another F22 getting some love!
                      Thanks man! Ya I love my steering wheel and the aerocatch pins are awesome. They hold the hood perfectly, but they also have locks on them which will help deter thieves.
                      Last edited by Grumpys93; 10-16-2018, 11:22 PM.
                      ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                        So I fixed my brake switch issue. So if you ever come across an issue where, when you press the brake pedal and your dash lights and parking lights come on. You probably installed the wrong bulb in your tail lights. So I fixed my issue by installing the proper bulb which is a dual filament and not single filient. Hopefully this will help people in the future.
                        well... interesting. From an electronics point of view that is messed up. I can see how a single filament always would allow power through but how it makes the other lights activate with the pedal pushed is funny. Glad to see you're still working on her.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                          well... interesting. From an electronics point of view that is messed up. I can see how a single filament always would allow power through but how it makes the other lights activate with the pedal pushed is funny. Glad to see you're still working on her.
                          I totally agree. When I read up on it, I thought that is to simple to be the problem and it has to be some wires shorting together.

Today I rebuilt the front right caliber with OEM parts since it was leaking. While I was under there, I found my right radius rod to be loose so I tightened it. I also finally put my Ingall Camber kit to use on the front. I pulled the UCA out about 3 degrees which should make the tires wear a lot better. But now the Driver side UCA is banging against the frame. Sometimes you just can't win.

If it becomes to much I will bring the UCA's in 1 degree and see if that helps, or I will simply grind the UCA down. I did notice that I need to replace the upper ball joints which is on my list.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

Just so you guys know I'm still around. Made it to Pensacola safely. Now the unpacking begins. I am hoping to talk to blake at 850fabs to see if he can fab up a downpipe and dump tube. Then its back to saving up money and finally start putting it all together.

Im turning my focus on finishing up the suspension refresh. Most of the front is done, but I haven't touched the back.
                            Last edited by Grumpys93; 09-11-2018, 01:10 AM.
                            ~Nick~

Comment

It's been quite a while since you've posted a picture of the whole car. That thing is looking really nice!
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Ya..... we need more pics now.

Comment

Working...
                                X