No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be dropping the car off to Blake this week, Ill ask him when he is done how difficult was the UQ resonator to tuck in the tunnel.

Decided to put the OEM grill back on just to see how it looked and now I can't decide which grill I like better.

Or Carbon Fiber G-Square:

I will get the same angle for both grills, but this gives you a decent comparison. Thoughts?

Got another part in today, this should help when I decide to put E-85 in the car. The problem is there are no E-85 pumps here. I have to drive about 40 mins to the closet pump. But I would rather have the car prepared for it whenever I come across a pump;

Anyways this is a Flex Sensor from a Chevy Impala Part Number 13577429. If anyone goes this route.

Then finally got the motor mostly put together. Man I love how this engine bay looks! In order to clear the wastegate, I had to convert the puller fan to a push fan, however I have to buy a new mounting kit. I think if I run into overheating issues I will purchase a smaller pull fan.

So the next step is mount the radiator fan, put the cheap warm up oil in, drop the car off to 850FAB to finish up the exhaust and wastegate fabbed and welded up. Then its on to first start and tuning. We are getting to the end. Finally!
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 04-21-2019, 01:29 AM.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Today I finished connecting the oil return line, converting my fan to a pusher fan, and mounting it on the front of the radiator. I then poured my cheap start up oil in and pulled the Ecu fuse.

Before I took the car to get tuned and exhausted welded up I wanted to check compression, see if oil pressure built up and if there were any major leaks.

So on the first compression test with TB WOT I got 150/150/135/155. These numbers had me a little worried especially number 3. But I decided to give it another go and the second run was 170/165/165/180. So the rings looks like they are starting to seat nicely. I didn’t see any fluid leaking out the bottom which I was pleased to see.

I also got my pigtail in the mail today for the flex fuel sensor. So I will install that later this week or sometime in the future. The car is ready to go. Just waiting on Blake at 850Fab to give me the go ahead to get the car to his shop for exhaust and basemap.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Hell yeah! Almost there bro.
        5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
          Hell yeah! Almost there bro.
          Thanks Mark! I seriously can't wait.

As for an update, I should be dropping the car off at 850FAB hopefully end of this week, beginning of next week. Blake is waiting for a stall to open up at his shop to come get the car.

So since I had time on my hands after completing Contact phase of flight school I decided to tackle a couple more items on my to do list.

Got a couple items in the mail:

Big shoutout to cpMike for hooking me up with the resistors I needed to finish the flex fuel sensor.

I also got an AEM Tru-timing Cam Gear as well. Found this by accident and couldn't pass up the deal.

Also went to the junkyard and picked up another upper timing cover.

So today I got to work on installing the Cam Gear, timing cover, and finish the flex fuel sensor

AEM Cam Gear installed:

Timing cover installed:

Then the flex fuel sensor fully installed:

Also got this at the junkyard, can't decide if I want to keep it or not, but the car once tuned will be E-85 compatible so why not. Thoughts? Trunk is not fully closed, that is why they are misaligned.
          Last edited by Grumpys93; 05-05-2019, 12:20 AM.
          ~Nick~

Comment

Got another part in the mail today: though it will have to wait before I install them.

MTEC Shifter Springs:

The shifting feels tight already since I've upgrade to solid bushings on the shifter base and the bushings on the shifter itself, but hopefully these springs will make it feel even that more solid.

Also Blake at 850FAB came by and picked up the Accord and took it back to his shop. Hopefully the exhaust will be done next week or two and then its straight into first start up and tune.

Hopefully have her forcefed by the end of the month!
            ~Nick~

Comment

Needs an exhaust gasket and we are ready to first startup.
              www.850fab.com
              IG - @850Fab
              FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Cyborg,

You asked if the UQ resonator was a tight fit. According to Blake he said there was plenty of room down there for it.

Dropped off the gasket and bolts to connect the resonator to the rest of the exhaust system tonight. So hopefully we can get to start up and tuning in the follow days/week.

Almost there Gents/Ladies!
                ~Nick~

Comment

It looks like it hangs low in that pic. Still looks awesome though Nick. Almost there!
                  5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Thanks for the reminder on the shifter springs I need to get. And Blake bud seems like a honest fella, willing to right things that are wrong and put the work into doing it. Nice to see! Car looks great of course........ remind us all what HP you will run on first drive?

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                      It looks like it hangs low in that pic. Still looks awesome though Nick. Almost there!
                      It’s hanging a little low because it isn’t connected to the rest of the exhaust. Since we were waiting on bolts and gasket. I’ll try and get a better pic today.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      Thanks for the reminder on the shifter springs I need to get. And Blake bud seems like a honest fella, willing to right things that are wrong and put the work into doing it. Nice to see! Car looks great of course........ remind us all what HP you will run on first drive?
                      My goal was to make 350whp. I’m hoping to be closer to 400. But I don’t plan to run more then 21psi on the strip and 18 on the street
                      ~Nick~

Comment

Looking great! Hope everything runs as planned. The E85 should be fun to play with when available.
                        Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                        01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                          It’s hanging a little low because it isn’t connected to the rest of the exhaust. Since we were waiting on bolts and gasket. I’ll try and get a better pic today.

My goal was to make 350whp. I’m hoping to be closer to 400. But I don’t plan to run more then 21psi on the strip and 18 on the street
                          Ya, you'll love the resonator with the 3" exhaust. Really won't sound like a "ricer" And can't wait for your first exciting post of running 400 HP

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                            I treat people as I would want to be treated. Taking care of him appropriately turned out a beautiful manifold option for the F crowd which I sold another immediately after posting. I believe good things come to those who are willing to make things right even when it means coming out of pocket to do so.
                            www.850fab.com
                            IG - @850Fab
                            FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

It's cool to see the attention to detail and patience paying off with this project, and it's fun to live vicariously through it. Also, I think you're going to be impressed with the quality of tone from the Vibrant resonator. I currently have a stock F running through a Vibrant muffler, with no resonator, and it's never had a tinny, ricey, tone. Your setup should sound even smoother with the resonator included. Looking forward to seeing some initial numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Harriers Wake View Post
                                It's cool to see the attention to detail and patience paying off with this project, and it's fun to live vicariously through it. Also, I think you're going to be impressed with the quality of tone from the Vibrant resonator. I currently have a stock F running through a Vibrant muffler, with no resonator, and it's never had a tinny, ricey, tone. Your setup should sound even smoother with the resonator included. Looking forward to seeing some initial numbers.
                                I appreciate the positive feedback and I look forward to hearing this thing purr.

So a little update and sadly not a good one:

As I like to be transparent with this build, Saturday Blake and I attempted first start up and ultimately it wasn't successful and here is why.

It all started when we first primed the motor and heard metal to metal. We ended up finding a timing cover bolt was not fully installed and it was rubbing against the crank pulley.

Fixed that, second attempt we couldn't get it to even attempt to fire without WOT.

Long story short we discovered sometime in the past I put the head timing 180 out of the block timing. I now remember thinking when I did install the head a year or 2 ago, that for some unknown reason except maybe I was drunk at the time that #1 cylinder was on the passenger side. So in this drunken stupor I proceeded to treat #4 as #1. I don't know why I never verified the timing on the crank pulley and the flywheel, though I swore I did.

I guess this is one of the issues with having a lot of stuff happening in your life and trying to remember small stuff like this. So because I thought #4 was #1 I proceeded on that same night to install the harness as well, which you guessed it I put #4 injector on #1 and #3 on #2 etc. After we figured all this out, Blake attempts to start the car and it idles, but only on 2-3 cylinders.....

So he proceeded to do a compression test and these were the numbers he got: 180/40/150/180. So as you can see I bent some valves. I am really hoping I didn't damage the pistons because wiesco doesn't offer 8.8:1 forged pistons anymore so I would have to get 9:1 and ultimately buy a whole new set of pistons.

Blake is dropping the car off this weekend at my house with a basemap, so I can pull the head inspect the cylinders and valves and replace the valves. I am going to go ahead and order at least 3 intake and exhaust valves hopefully I wont need anymore.

So morale of the story is always triple check your work and triple check your checklist! Especially after a night of drinking and working on a car. But the good thing is it idled briefly before he killed it.

So stay tuned for carnage pictures in the following weeks
                                Last edited by Grumpys93; 05-14-2019, 10:21 PM.
                                ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                                X