No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan to drop the tank a bit to help mitigate the chance of hitting the fuel tank. But I need to go to the yard to get a donor panel to create a cover.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      ....... Note the hard line (what is that, brakes?) along the front edge of the hole.
      The rear passenger brake line. It goes a weird route and likes to rust / rot up there.

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
        I would use caution cutting a hole like that, I did on my old se and if you cut a little to far to the right like I did you will cut right through the tank. The good news is you can send a cutoff wheel threw the top of the tank and it wont explode or catch fire
        That's good to know.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        The rear passenger brake line. It goes a weird route and likes to rust / rot up there.
        I didn't see it rusted out when I dropped the tank, thankful this car has never seen salt.

This weekend I got busy with installing my black dash and center console. I will eventually pull all the unnecessary wires one day, but that wasn't this weekend. I happy with how it turned out, now I just need to get my hands on door panels and the rest of the interior.

If anyone has black interior they want to part with HMU!

Also got my new to me Tial 44mm wastegate, I bought an adaptor for now and took my carbide bit to the flanges to match the diameter of the wastegate. So there shouldn't be any bottle necking. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet, as it has been raining all weekend. But hopefully this solved the boost creep issue.

I got it for a great deal and the buy says it was only used for dyno tuning until he upgraded to a 60mm ( not sure how true that is, but it was clean in the discharge and around the firing pin. I also got a dump tube that fit perfectly with the set up. So I am happy
        Dumps to the right of the downpipe and the fumes should clear the oil pan.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Just a small update:
          Solved the boost creep issue and the breaking up in the higher RPMs. Ended up being the spark plugs were fouled. Noticed when I would hit boost AFR would go to 10.4 in high rpm, which made me thing of spark blow out. So I got new plugs and gapped them to .022. Went for a drive and it hits hard at 4K when the turbo is fully spooled.

Going to try and get her dynoed before the end of the month, to finally see what she is putting down.
          ~Nick~

Comment

Looks good! Your exhaust / dump pipe is in the identical spot of mine, with the same ESP bar. & you drill holes through the top of a black dash ?

Comment

I put 2 self tapping screws in for the gauge yes. With the Florida heat, the 3m tape they provided was not supporting the gauge. So every time I went for a drive, the gauge would fall off. It was worth it to not breaking a $150 dollar gauge or my head unit that it would come crashing down on.
              ~Nick~

Comment

The time has finally come for me to start saying good by to my maroon interior. I honestly didn't mind it, was very era specific and I liked that it was different. But at the same time I wanted something more stylish and my wife hated the interior. So started the process of transforming the interior to a black/grey theme.

Tear down:

Pulled the remainder of the sound dampening, plan to add fresh dampening later on, but this stuff was already cracked and loose, as you can tell by that large piece:

Install: (still in progress)

Door panels:

I am toying with the idea of dyeing the inserts and lower carpet on the panels black. Thoughts?

Dyed the carpet black with RIT bath, think it will need a second bath, as there are still some spots you can slightly see the maroon when the sun hits it.

So I ordered more dye, once that gets in this week i'll do another bath and hopefully have the interior back together next week.
                ~Nick~

Comment

wow. Looks amazing! I'm surprised you didn't just buy a new rug from stockinteriors.com etc. You are in the same boat as me now, black dash and trying to find black door panels. I don't think you can dye etc. the door panels. You could try but I think it will crack or wear and look like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    wow. Looks amazing! I'm surprised you didn't just buy a new rug from stockinteriors.com etc. You are in the same boat as me now, black dash and trying to find black door panels. I don't think you can dye etc. the door panels. You could try but I think it will crack or wear and look like shit.
                    Because nothing fits better then OEM and I didn't want to have to cut holes in the new carpet. Also dyeing the rug only cost me $40 bucks to do it verses over $100.

For the door panels, I pulled my old maroon ones and am going to give them a RIT bath starting tonight, Ill post pics of the finished product. I wasn't referring to actual door panel, but the carpet and fabric material. Its only held in by glue, so I used my heat gun and slowly pulled them off.

Like I said I post pics of them when they are done soaking and I can make a DIY if it turns out good
                    ~Nick~

Comment

What did you use to dye something as large as the carpet, to submerge it in?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Anything I dyed (floor mats for example) have now faded and look like crap. I hope yours turns out better

Comment

While waiting for my carpet to dry I went ahead and started working on making the accord more safe.

Installed the firewall pass through for the power line, next will be adding in the distribution block for the fusebox and starter. But baby steps:

Ignore the wire mess, I have since cleaned them up to make them more organized.

After its second bath in the RIT dye I decided it was good enough to install so here is the interior all put together:

Yes the quarter glass arm covers are an eye sore and I will have those replaced, once I get the rest of the plastic.

Cyborg,

This is what I used to create the bathtub, its a 50 gal tote you can get at home depot, I used it for hauling camping items, or car parts. It comes with a yellow top.

You've probably seen them on the back of an SUV sitting those little hitch storage basket things:

You have to fold the carpet in quarters to get it to fit and then I had some chain sitting around that I used to help keep the carpet submerged.

Thanks Paul (Fleetwood) for the interior, glad Rose can still live on through my car.
                          Last edited by Grumpys93; 03-25-2020, 08:07 AM.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

The carpet looks great!! I never thought to dye my carpet in this manner.
                            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Ya looks great! I should add that while my black pieces did fade after the years it was the wear items that faded. Rear seat interior I dyed still look the same. Floor mats, ug. I take it you're on the hunt for black seat belts too now

As for the distribution block for the fuse box and starter.... what you going to do? I've put a lot of thought into this scenario for my ride.

Comment

Ruby (90 LX sedan) is still alive (although rusting again) and kicking at 384k with her tan interior. The gray interior was from Rose (92 EX coupe) - it looks great in there. Kick panels and trunk/gas lever cover are on their way. I didn't think about the quarter window arm covers; they are probably still attached to the quarter windows; need me to send them?

I think Jarrett just used a trash can to dye his carpet.
                                Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-25-2020, 01:12 AM.
                                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                                X