No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, there's a lot of progress here I managed to miss. Your build is really coming together nicely and I'm impressed with your numbers on the dyno. This is one of those cars I really want to check out in person.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerType View Post
      So..... CB7Tuner sent me a thread update that I don't recall EVER getting for this thread, but I am glad it did. It is so nice to see this car still making power after 15+ years of modding am I am glad that you are still loving the Accord. Keep up the great work Nick. I think a small shot of nitrous can get you those hp goals you are looking for, lol
      Lol only nitrous this will see is on the intercooler. How you doing Badger? My number is still the same as in high school you should hit me up sometime. Would love to catch up!
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
        Wow, there's a lot of progress here I managed to miss. Your build is really coming together nicely and I'm impressed with your numbers on the dyno. This is one of those cars I really want to check out in person.
        If we ever do a East Coast meet again, I will most certainly be there. The car was in Augusta for a bit, not too far of a drive from ATL. But now its up here in VA. Still looking forward to updates on your car, and still want to see it in person.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Hey Grumpys93! About that machined accord 5th gear you put into your T2W4, who does that machining and do you have to provide the gears? currently in mine I cruise 80 on the freeway at around 4.5K ish (kinda high) and was wondering what RPMs is yours at in 5th around that speed?

Heard that's the way to go and would like to eventually do something similar and overhaul my trans as you did before adding power mods. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by djALBINI View Post
            Hey Grumpys93! About that machined accord 5th gear you put into your T2W4, who does that machining and do you have to provide the gears? currently in mine I cruise 80 on the freeway at around 4.5K ish (kinda high) and was wondering what RPMs is yours at in 5th around that speed?

Heard that's the way to go and would like to eventually do something similar and overhaul my trans as you did before adding power mods. Thanks
            I havent actually rebuild the t2w4 trans yet, I keep putting it off because I dread pulling only the transmission. But as for the machining, message syncrhotech Sales@synchrotechtrans.com or call them and they have the 5th gear machined already. They don't require you to send them a 5th gear for the replacement, they have enough. I believe I paid $200 shipped for it.

I plan to do the trans overhaul after the holidays, probably mid january when it gets cold outside, I just need to not be lazy and pull the trans. But I believe you can expect your rpms to be around 2500-3000@ 70-80
            ~Nick~

Comment

What's happening Grumpys .... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                What's happening Grumpys .... ?
                Nothing to much really, just driving it around, sadly only about once a month or so. I recently bumped the boost up to 18psi. I'm currently working on making SI-t bumper lights to replace the all amber lights, as well as installing a Push button and PKE system. I toying with the idea of taking out the 272 regrind and putting either a f22a6 cam in or get Jdm_Accorn's cam.

Still haven't taken the trans out to rebuild the T2W4, but its not really needed so no rush there and I don't do much highway driving in the Accord right now. Maybe when meets start up again. Ill post some pics when I finish the bumper lights.
                ~Nick~

Comment

So you are doing your own tuning now?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    So you are doing your own tuning now?
                    Nah I wish, It still looks foreign to me, I actually need to send a datalog to my tuner, noticed last night I am at 13-13.5 AFR in high boost and I know it should be sitting in the 11-12 range.

But I have been busy:
                    So somethings I have added to the car are:

some CL Rear Seats, the front ones were damaged, so didn't bother pulling them:

I still need to do some more adjusting to make them sit better, but so far they look good.

Installed FFC Shifter Engagement bushings, with these I noticed the biggest difference in shifting crispiness, almost feels gated, would recommend them to anyone:

I then made DIY Si-T bumper lights and threw the stock corners back on, as well as removed the eyelids (for now):

I purchased a set of all clear corner lights, that I'm going to throw on and see if I like them any better then the stock ones.

The only issue I am running into with the car is, I noticed the hood is sitting on the headlights and grill and it was rubbing on the eyelids and the CF grill. This is why I removed the eyelids, as to not damage them. I use to not have this issue, until I removed the fenders and headlights to access the door wire harness junction and reinstalled everything back. I have adjusted the bump stops near the fender but that did not seem to make a difference. I think I am going to have to remove the headlight buckets and try realigning them as maybe that is the cause of it.

Any thoughts?

As you can see it is pushing the grill down on the bumper and starting to rub paint there, I want to get that fixed prior to me getting the car in the body shop and painted.

I am also about to removed my original brake booster and master and replace it with an 06 RSX type S booster and Master. I believe the booster is leaking slightly and might as well upgrade when I replace.

Also working on the 5th gen side skirt upgrade as well, I have the driver side done, but the junkyards here put the rim jack stands right on the side skirt so it makes it impossible to get the skirt out. I got lucky on the driver side because they put the rim stand more towards the center.

Last edited by Grumpys93; 05-16-2021, 10:24 PM.
                    ~Nick~

Comment

These are good updates! I like the SI-T light mod. And the FFC bushings are a huge change, I am still deciding if I like the notchy-ness that the bushings impart.

Your hood issue might be related to your headlamps, you may have fastened them in a higher position than when you took them off? The grille is mounted on the headlamps and if the lamps are higher, the grille could now be higher and colliding with the hood? Did you fiddle with the hood latch? I think it has some adjustment that may allow it to be moved vertically and help alleviate the issue.
                      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

What difference is RSX booster+master supposed to make? When I was cleaning my bay, I noticed the paint was lifting off the bottom half of my booster, so I'm not sure if the previous owner replaced the master since that happened. You've got my interest on the RSX swap, if they are an upgrade on a wagon...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                          These are good updates! I like the SI-T light mod. And the FFC bushings are a huge change, I am still deciding if I like the notchy-ness that the bushings impart.

Your hood issue might be related to your headlamps, you may have fastened them in a higher position than when you took them off? The grille is mounted on the headlamps and if the lamps are higher, the grille could now be higher and colliding with the hood? Did you fiddle with the hood latch? I think it has some adjustment that may allow it to be moved vertically and help alleviate the issue.
                          The hood latch has been long gone, well sitting in my parts bin, but I have locking hood pins and I figured there was no need for that latch anymore. I think I am just going to remove and reinstall the headlights and see if that helps. I may also shave off some of the headlight bracket, as I know a part of it is resting on the intercooler.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                            What difference is RSX booster+master supposed to make? When I was cleaning my bay, I noticed the paint was lifting off the bottom half of my booster, so I'm not sure if the previous owner replaced the master since that happened. You've got my interest on the RSX swap, if they are an upgrade on a wagon...
                            I know the 05+ RSX type S Booster has a bore of 15/16 instead of the standard 7/8. Which gives it a slightly better "feel." I don't think it changes the feeling or the braking too much more, but I do know that it tucks in the engine bay a lot better, and IMO looks better. NH-505 and Rilas both have done this mod and I believe they have pics of it in their bay on the MRT. You can find them on ebay, I think I paid $59 shipped.
                            ~Nick~

Comment

Only thing I can think of on that bumper / grill issue is the bumper is too high. If the headlights are high too then it all looks normal. I think you know what i mean when i talk about lifting up on the bumper before you put in the front bolts behind the signal lights. There's a lot of room for movement there. I'm thinking you are a hair too high, then put headlights in and made them high. IE: if you tried to aim your headlights you may find you cannot get them low enough. But also when the bumper is too high in the front it causes the sides to point down-ish , giving gap there. Just a thought.

Hey, how hard was it to install the FFC shifter cable bushings?

Comment

I don’t have those bolts installed I should probably install them now since I routed my intercooler piping differently from my previous set ups and can now utilize them.

The bushings weren't hard at all. I did it while it was in the car, you just simply push the rubber ones out of the arms, do some light sanding on the inside of the ring and pop the metal bushings in. Then you put the c-clip on and put them on the shifter arms and use the provided clip instead of a cotter pin.

The hardest part was on the rear one, getting a good angle to push the rubber bushing out. I think I just used some wide mouth pliers to push it out.
                                Last edited by Grumpys93; 05-20-2021, 11:46 PM.
                                ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                                X