No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what holds your bumper on? Just the bolts behind the headlights and the side clips? There a chance you can loosen these bolts and let the bumper down some. And/Or maybe your intercooler + piping is holding it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      So what holds your bumper on? Just the bolts behind the headlights and the side clips? There a chance you can loosen these bolts and let the bumper down some. And/Or maybe your intercooler + piping is holding it up?
      Ya the two 12mm behind the headlights and the quick disconnects I put in on the sides. The intercooler is holding the bumper up some. I think I will go back in there and fine tune my sanding a bit. But I am also going to readjust the headlight brackets and see if that helps. I may throw the bolts below the headlights that hold the bumper in place, but I do enjoy the convenience of only having to remove the 2 12mm, unclip the bumper lights and pull the bumper off.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Backtracking to catch on what I've been missing in here. I've been busy, but I'll have some updates for people who are interested in what's to come.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post

Ya the two 12mm behind the headlights and the quick disconnects I put in on the sides. The intercooler is holding the bumper up some. I think I will go back in there and fine tune my sanding a bit. But I am also going to readjust the headlight brackets and see if that helps. I may throw the bolts below the headlights that hold the bumper in place, but I do enjoy the convenience of only having to remove the 2 12mm, unclip the bumper lights and pull the bumper off.
          That's a lot of weight for two little bolts. Doesn't the bumper bump around a bit with the extra weight of the intercooler etc?

Comment

That's a lot of weight for two little bolts. Doesn't the bumper bump around a bit with the extra weight of the intercooler etc?
            The intercooler isn't mounted to the bumper, its mounted to the core support, so the bumper is only supporting itself. I can easily remove the bumper without having to disconnect any of the intercooler or piping.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
              Backtracking to catch on what I've been missing in here. I've been busy, but I'll have some updates for people who are interested in what's to come.
              Thanks for stopping by, Looking forward to some updates!
              ~Nick~

Comment

Some more updates for all you members both lurking and active:

First thing first:
                CPmike hooked me up with a set of PFM, which we both believed to be uber rare Coupe PFMs however come to find out the PFMs never came in the coupe form. So I had to make a hybrid using the PFM mirror portion and mate it to the USDM perches and outer plastic.
                Here they are working in action

Next up I tackled installing a rear ST sway bar, this was a pretty straight forward task and the results were awesome. Plus I love that you can see the hangers poking out the back, something I've always been jealous of from civics and the LCAs

Ignore the dirtiness under there.

Following that
                I finished up my Si-T bumper conversion and couldn't decide if I liked them with the stock corners or all clear corners. As of right now I'm thinking all clear, but I am curious on what ya'll think.
                All Clear:

Stock:

I then installed a push button start with a PKE fob system. Was a little bit of a headache, but I am happy with the results. Only thing I don't like about it, is the fact that you have to have your foot on the brake to access ACC mode, and shut the car off and I wish I could change the color from Blue to red, to make the cluster. But hey beggar's can't be choosers.

Because I now have PKE features I went ahead and did the sedan rear door handle mode. I have only done it on the passenger side, because I don't trust the PKE system yet. Though it hasn't given me any reason not too.

After that was done I turned my focus to the Brake Booster and Master. Now I wasn't having any issues with it, but it was starting to seep a bit from where the reservoir mates the the MC and I'm pretty sure this was the original booster. So I took this opportunity to "Upgrade" to a 06 RSX Type S Brake booster and MC.

Reason I went with this setup is due to it having a slightly bigger bore then the Accord, Reservoir on the Master holds more fluid, and I believe it tucks better in bay.

Next on the laundry list of things I have done, was install the Ultra Racing Flex bar that my wife bought me for my birthday. I was a P.I.T.A. to get in, but I was happy it was, if it just slide into place then I wouldn't expect it to do much reinforcing or flex reduction. Plus it looks cool IMO

Last but not least,
                I decided to take the motor to the next stage which is E-85 tuning and since you have to run through a full tank of E-85 before you can start the tune I am driving the car a lot more then I usually did.

Which now means I can rock this badge truthfully:

I forgot how much this car sips gas. Even on E-85 it still sips the gas through a small cocktail straw. But this also gave me an opportunity to take a much needed photo of the Accord in its natural environment and not in a garage:
                Last edited by Grumpys93; 06-22-2021, 10:08 PM.
                ~Nick~

Comment

Does that floor bar get in the way of your feet in an annoying way, sitting back there? I'm sure the back seat of a coupe doesn't get much use, but I've been thinking about getting one of those for my wagon.

Also, you could get the sedan rear door handle for the driver side, and just crawl in through the trunk in the rare emergency!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                    Does that floor bar get in the way of your feet in an annoying way, sitting back there? I'm sure the back seat of a coupe doesn't get much use, but I've been thinking about getting one of those for my wagon.

Also, you could get the sedan rear door handle for the driver side, and just crawl in through the trunk in the rare emergency!
                    Honestly I have never sat in the backseat of the Accord while it was in motion, but in the little time I was back there working on the car, it didn't seem too bad. You could easily rest your foot on it, or just past it and have your feet under the seat. But like you said, with it being a coupe I never have someone sitting back there. I could probably count on both my hands how many times I've had someone ride in the back seat of the Accord.

If I retained the stock seat yes this is true, However my rear seat is from a CL and it does not fold down, it is bolted at the bottom and top, so I couldn't crawl through like I could before.
                    ~Nick~

Comment

This is a really nice collection of mods. I am interested in that floor bar as well... Have you gotten your final E85 tune yet?
                      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Why was the floor bar a PITA to install?

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                          This is a really nice collection of mods. I am interested in that floor bar as well... Have you gotten your final E85 tune yet?
                          I don't drive her that often so I am still trying to go through that initial first tank of gas. Hopefully next week i'll get a datalog with a fresh tank.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

Why was the floor bar a PITA to install?
                            Reason it was a PITA was because it was pretty much the same width maybe slightly longer then the width of the interior. If I didn't have carpet it may have been easier to slide into place. But I had to use a big flat head and rubber mallet to get it to squeeze in between the sides. Which like I said, if it just fell into place I wouldn't trust it is doing much of anything other then looks.
                            ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post

Reason it was a PITA was because it was pretty much the same width maybe slightly longer then the width of the interior. If I didn't have carpet it may have been easier to slide into place. But I had to use a big flat head and rubber mallet to get it to squeeze in between the sides. Which like I said, if it just fell into place I wouldn't trust it is doing much of anything other then looks.
                              Thanks. And I'm assuming it bolts to the seat belt bolt + one other bolt ? (two bolts per side)

Comment

Looks like it's a single bolt on each side. Which would be another reason why it fits so tight: not that I think it would make much of a difference in providing (or taking away) support, but you probably wouldn't want it moving up and down over time just from road vibrations.

https://ultraracing-usa.com/honda-ac...floor-2points/

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X