Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    Looks like it's a single bolt on each side. Which would be another reason why it fits so tight: not that I think it would make much of a difference in providing (or taking away) support, but you probably wouldn't want it moving up and down over time just from road vibrations.

https://ultraracing-usa.com/honda-ac...floor-2points/
    I was thinking of people in the back seat putting their feet on it / under it. I suppose it rests on the raised floor part too...

Comment

Yes, it only has one bolt, and it is raised slightly, but you have to hit it pretty good to get it to move. So someone resting their foot on it, isn’t going to move it much.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Newest issue I’m having right now is the engagement point has since went to the floor and I am not quite sure why. I have issues trying to get it in first or second gear but have no issues with 3-5. I have bled and bled the clutch with no sign of bubbles or air. Recently the slave has started sounding like this and the fluid is dark even when I put fresh brake fluid in it.

The slave only has maybe 3k miles on it and the clutch less then 5k. I may take the slave off and regrease the arm. Is this a sign of a bad throw out? I used timken brand which is the same Honda uses.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

lol....... sounds like a dolphin. Ya, you could grease the touch points inside and out, but I don't think that's going to be it......
          It sounds like the plunger inside is fubar, causing a noise / alignment issues maybe (causing the creak), and rubber / fluid mixing causing black fluid....

Comment

Ya I’m not going to waste time with it. I have the receipt and it has a lifetime warranty. I’ll be going to advance auto parts to swap it for a new one and see if it fixes it. If not then next will be the throw out bearing I think.
            ~Nick~

Comment

So took advantage of the lifetime warranty and got a new slave. Installed it, bled it and decided just for the heck of it to check the lock nut on the adjuster.

I reached down and felt it was loose and knew what my problem was…… Why do our brains always go for the most complicated solution vs starting with the simplest? Engagement point is back to normal and clutch disengages and re-engages just fine.

Also finally got rid of my eBay hub for my quick release and installed an NRG short hub. Which then allowed me to get my horn back, since the backing is made of conductive material.

I’m not going to lie, I’m super excited and happy to have a horn again. I’ve been without a horn for 12 years! I got tired of people merging into me and all I could do was rev loudly. But that doesn’t get the same attention as a horn.

But I’ve also forgot how sissy our horns sound lol.

~Nick~

Comment

haha....... Ohhh my. haha. Well, glad you got it working. The horn haha. I was driving around with only one horn for 8+ years. I think it was the "low" sound too. Made it sound like a 1930 whatever or the road runner.

Comment

So after 5 months of waiting I finally got my last gift my wife bought for my birthday,

It's even heated!

After looking at the picture I see I forgot to vacuum up all the wire clippings from the auto head lights and push button harness. So I'll get on that today. The interior is kind of in a weird phase right now as I have a dark grey leather seat in the back from a CL, the 93 EX grey passenger seat, and now the Bride Euroster seat in the driver seat. I plan to get another Bride seat for the passenger side but that will be a bit later as they are a pretty penny.

I also finally got my hands on some 08 TL rims, these will be my "winter" set up once I get my dream rims, hopefully sometime next year. But I have been hunting for these for years and finally found a set for a reasonable price.

Also had the RL calipers milled, Mark got some decals that match the same font as the Acura on it, that says Honda instead. So I plan to paint them and then throw the decal on and clear over it. But that will probably not be for a bit. Yes I know the Brake pad is on backwards on the left one. The machinist put them on backwards.

Besides the DIY I created this is how the Accord is sitting now. Motor is still running strong and I'm happy I'm off 93 octane as it is now selling $3.99 a gallon vs E-85 which is only $2.79 a gallon.

Also Anyone know where to find Seat covers for bride seats, Kind of want to put a barrier between me and the seat.
                  Last edited by Grumpys93; 09-25-2021, 11:36 AM.
                  ~Nick~

Comment

Yes, yes, and more yes.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Looks amazing! OK, so how bad do you want a bride passenger seat now What you going to use for seatbelts?

Comment

Mmmm this is a great update! It fits the character of your car so well.
                        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

So Since I cant figure out how to do multiple quotes and it takes forever for a reply to go through, I am going to comment on everyone in a single post.

Ant: I love this seat! I was worried it may be a bit narrow, not that I am a big buy by any means, but I have sat in some "racing" seats before that just hugged me in all the wrong places, so I was a bit worried, but it is comfy and holds me in the turns.

Raf: I am already saving my pennies for the passenger side. It is awesome my wife (who sadly isn't into cars at all) even said after she sat in it, "So when we getting mine?" Made me feel good to say the less.

As for the seatbelts I plan to keep the OEM grey seatbelts as I still want my body to be able to fold down in the event of a roll over. I know with the 5 point harness, they hold you in place and if the roof collapses, I don't want it breaking my neck or spine in the process of the roll over. If I had a roll bar or cage, then I would absolutely get a harness and it would be Takata harness most likely. But for street purposes and just cruising around the OEM seat belt fits my needs for now.

SSMAccord: Thanks man, Not sure the look that I am going for just yet, still just getting parts I like. My car is kind of going in all sorts of directions Lol. I want a comfortable, sporty looking car that has a little get up.

The motor is pretty much done, not really any more I want to do, it is in the power region I want, (Honestly, I would love to say my car makes 400 whp, but that would require a bigger turbo, and a new tune, which I am content for now)

I am currently at a crossroad on whether I should pour money into my h22 and build a fun 220-250whp n/a motor or continue saving up for my dream rims. My fear is that as the h22 continues to become older and older less and less companies will support it. Where as my rims aren't going anywhere any time soon.
                          Last edited by Grumpys93; 09-26-2021, 09:26 AM.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

( I can't do multiple quotes either) And I never thought about the roll-over + harness = broken neck. Very good point. And wheels make or break a car, so I'd say save up for the wheels you want. You still have the H22?

Comment

Loving how the car is shaping up! I was going to suggest adjusting the clutch master but I see you got it sorted. The seat looks awesome and the fact that it is heated is pretty neat. Having a horn again is also great, I've had a few friends that didn't have working horns in theirs so I feel your pain. Also really digging the brakes, I've been tossing around the idea of getting a set for my car as well. Personally, with your wheel/power dilemma, I personally think you should get the wheels while you can, but that's just me. You won't always use that power when you drive, but you'll always be able to look at those dream wheels. Good to see others keeping the flame.
                              Last edited by Mike1357; 09-26-2021, 08:43 PM.

Comment

RAF: yep still have the h22a, it’s currently sitting on an engine stand in the garage. I’m honestly half tempted to get an f23 block and put the h22 head on it. Iron sleeves, longer crank, and a beefed up girdle. But I think I’ll take mike and your advice and keep saving up for the rims.

Mike:MIKE! It’s awesome to hear from you dude! You still in ATL? You bring up a good point on always using the rims.
                                ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                                X