Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the look of them!

But....

... they'd look a LOT better if you were lowered.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
      I like the look of them!

But....

... they'd look a LOT better if you were lowered.
      My thoughts exactly
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I know, i know. My car looks SO much better with the ITRs on. I could get it lowered for fairly cheap but i dont want that to effect resale.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Hey hey, guess who got a flat while at the meet this weekend??

Me.

Once again, i was stuck in STL and had to get home on a borrowed wheel. Im really getting tired of that.

Basically, here are my options:

1) New tire on the ITR.......$85
          New lugs(BLOX) from IL4....$70

2) Put EX wheels back on.
          New lugs........................$70.

3) Put EX wheels on.
          Either put old OEM studs back on or new OEM studs. NEW P/L = $150
          OEM lugs(x8) = ?? Like $12 maybe.

Putting the EXs back on and buying new lugs would be the cheapest and id just go with black or silver lugs but extended lugs with extended studs and OEM wheels is gonna look kinda dumb. If i replace the ITR tire and get new lugs, theyll be red. That should look ok. The green ones are trash. I think. My only way to find out is to buy another set of lugs from a reputible place. If the Blox work then ill try my best to refund the greens ones, otherwise, theyre.....i dont know what.

OEM studs are cheap, but i might be able to just use my old ones and buy a set of OEM lugs and put the EXs back on and sell the ITRs. Im having mixed feelings really.

I dont wanna run the Blizzaks in the heat on the pavement, but theyre whatever. If i replace the tire and get new lugs, itll look good in the summer but then ill be rocking the red lugs on OEM wheels in the winter. Not sure how thatll look, lol.

If i could find, like, a deep socket for the OEM lugs, id rock them on the ITRs but i dont think such a tool exists. I could get a deep socket and a big ass breaker bar, but i dont know, lol.

Im gonna have to do alot of wheel switching and lug switching and try to find out if the problem is the lugs, the spacers or the ITRs.

Ill probably put the EXs on with the green lugs and see if i get a vibration or if the lugs back off. If they do, then i know its the lugs. If it is the lugs, ill buy new ones and then try them on the ITRs. If im STILL getting a vibration, then i know its the ITRs. If thats the case.....I dont know what ill do. Sell em. Junk em. Whatever.

Ill figure it out. I really need to start saving money for a few other important things and this isnt helping. Not to mention i need a jack, too.
          Last edited by MikeW; 06-21-2010, 11:31 AM.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

i like the look of the rims on your car, have you tried looking for tires on cl? thats where i found mine.

Comment

No, i havent. I guess i could give it a look. Im just not a fan of buying used tires. Especially off CL. I know you may have had a good experience but you havent met me yet. Ask the Missouri CB7 guys, theyll tell you. I have horrible luck when it comes to cars.

I got to thinking...buying a set of OEM lugs, a deep (19mm??) socket and a breaker bar MIGHT do work so that i could rock the ITRs and not have to spend $70 on a new set of lugs. I dont know.
              Last edited by MikeW; 06-21-2010, 01:49 PM.

Comment

The green lugs are forged aluminum. Might be their problem. the Blox's are AL7075 forged magnesium. Not sure if thats any better but i dug up some dirt on Vision Motorworks and apparently theyre stuff is crap, so...

Comment

Im still getting a vibration with the green lugs and EX wheels. I need to pick up another set of OEM-style lugs and try them. If ti get a vibration then ill know its the studs. Ill go from that point. Depending on my funds, i may just get a new tire for the ITR and put them back on with OEM lugs.

Im almost certain i have a hole in my header or DP, i can hear it. Ill check it out to make sure. If thats the case, then ill probably just pick up a Megan Header. I found an RS*R Ex-Mag for right around $450. If i dont go that route, i may go with the Megan Type-2. I like the look of it, and itll match the header.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                    Im still getting a vibration with the green lugs and EX wheels. I need to pick up another set of OEM-style lugs and try them. If ti get a vibration then ill know its the studs. Ill go from that point. Depending on my funds, i may just get a new tire for the ITR and put them back on with OEM lugs.

Im almost certain i have a hole in my header or DP, i can hear it. Ill check it out to make sure. If thats the case, then ill probably just pick up a Megan Header. I found an RS*R Ex-Mag for right around $450. If i dont go that route, i may go with the Megan Type-2. I like the look of it, and itll match the header.
                    Hey the Megan Type-2 is what I'm getting!! You should get it first so I can hear it lol.

Comment

Where are you getting it and for how much? The Ex-Mag is not even $50 more than the type-2, so.....decisions, decisions...

Comment

Where are you getting it and for how much? The Ex-Mag is not even $50 more than the type-2, so.....decisions, decisions...
                        optionimports.com for $342. Yeah, the RSR may not be much more, but its used, and its more restrictive. RSR's are 2.25" or 60mm piping...the Megan Type-2 is 2.5"

Comment

What kinda numbers do they make with those. I am looking to pick up a new header soon along with my suspension stuff.
                          The CB7 Collector.
                          Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                          92 LX Coupe F22A1
                          2013 Toyota Corolla S
                          92 EX Sedan F22A1
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I found the type2 for $341 and the Ex-Mag--NEW-- for just over $450.

I want something more OEM-ish though. Im not looking for alot of sound or gains. Just something a little above OEM spec.

Comment

I found the type2 for $341 and the Ex-Mag--NEW-- for just over $450.

I want something more OEM-ish though. Im not looking for alot of sound or gains. Just something a little above OEM spec.
                              Why not an OEM muffler then? RSX-s or something?

Comment

I dont know. Ive thought about doing that, too.

But i have a hole in either my header or DP. Not sure what a factory header runs, but ive seen Megans go for $170, so...

Comment

Working...
                                X