JohnD1079 : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JohnD1079 : 1992 Accord LX

Negative Criticizm will be greatly appreciated on page 3 post number 43.

ok, Well Here is my Accord as it is now. It is in the process of renovation, so i will try to be keeping up with taking pics and posting them up.

I got my Inspiration from [cp]mike's one picture of his engine bay, and since then I started creating what i wanted in my head. So ya in the End my car might end up looking similar.

(I decided to keep track of everything after i took everything out, so no before pics, BUT it was bad. Car is white with green hood, bumper [front n rear], and trunk. Drivers seat was maroon, while everything else was blue, with no sun visers and a whole bunch of other misc. things.)

After i removed the engine

After Dash Removal

Old Motor/New Motor

As it is Right now

Current Mods
    Engine:
    JDM H22a with F22 Tranny
    Ebay CAI/SRI w/Akimoto Filter
    Test Pipe
    Greddy Evo2 Cat->Axle(I think)
    Thermal R&D Axle-Back
    AC-PS-CC Delete
    Fully tucked and painted Engine/Bay
    Exterior:
    JDM 1 pc. Headlights
    Clear Bumper Lights.
    Red/Clear Tails
    OEM Spoiler
    10th AE Lip(Same as EX i think)
    Interior:
    Dont even Have One
    SRS Delete
    Suspension/Wheels:
    Neuspeed Race w/ KYB AGX Adj.
    ROH Conversion
    Audio Electronics:
    Kicker Rear's
    Pioneers Fronts

Future Mods. I will Be Transfering from Future to Current as it Happens.

Engine:
    Bisimoto's H Header
    p28 ECU
    Exterior:
    Pearl White or CHamsionship White
    Blackhoused the 1pcrs + HID them
    Fogs
    DIY Grill Hack
    CD5 Lip (Spare)
    Rear Fog
    Limo Tint
    Interior:
    Blue/Tan Custom Mix n Match all Stock
    Suspension/Wheels:
    10th AE Alloys
    Front n Rear Strut Bar
    Rear Sway
    Suspension Renovation next spring/Summer
    Audio Electronics:
    Some Pioneer Deck
    2 12" Infiniti's
    Kenwood KAC-9102D
    OEM Legend Tweets
    Last edited by JohnD1079; 01-10-2008, 07:31 PM.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

You got yourself quite a project there buddy.Good luck!
    Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

sounds like you got some NICE plans there man quick ques. though, why the F22 tranny?...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
      My Ride thread
      Flickr
      Originally posted by d112crzy
      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
      All I gotta really say is:
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
        sounds like you got some NICE plans there man quick ques. though, why the F22 tranny?...
        I do have the option of using a H22 tranny(see my sig). It is just that i absolutly cannot stand crusing on the highway at high RPMs. When i drive my cousins 5geh lude. I get soo annoyed bc at like 80 were close to 4 grand. I like the gearing pretty much.

For vtec, ill just get a vtec control or something and lower to vtec to stay in vtec when im racing or whatever.
        Last edited by JohnD1079; 03-11-2009, 12:17 AM.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
          I do have the option of using a H22 tranny(see my sig). It is just that i absolutly cannot stand crusing on the highway at high RPMs. When i drive my cousins 5geh lude. I get soo annoyed bc at like 80 were close to 4 grand. I like the gearing pretty much.

For vtec, ill just get a vtec control or something and lower to vtec to stay in vtec when im racing or whatever.
          EGGZACKLY...the H tranny is closely geared..and yeah...that high rpm noise is ANNOYING when all you wanna do is just cruise.

but yeah..I see exactly where you're coming from ...yeah..lower the VTEC engagement to like 4600.
          92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
          My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

just throw in the 5th gear from the F22 tranny into the H22

My Ride thread
            Flickr
            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

it sure looks like alot of work.......good luck

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I've done this all before man, its a lot of hard work, hell, I'm back in for round 2 right now. Repairing things I need/want to change since I did it the first time. Anyways bro, good luck man. Check out my MR sometime for some help if you need it.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

looking good man. im assuming you have another car to drive so take your time with it, if you rush, you WILL regret it!

is that the f22 removal guide printed out that i see? i have a copy of it covered in greasy fingerprints because i used to use that all the time... pulling the engine and stripping the bay is a great way to learn what each piece in there does, and where it goes... save everything, and slowly reassemble it piece by piece, with appropriate mods along the way and itll turn out great.

p.s... nice windshield lol. mine didnt survive either.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

The windsheld was from my dad. Me n him got into an argument and he threw the rear engine mount peice that attached to the back of the engine.

And ya i cant drive anyway. Licencse is suspended untill like March or something. But ya i do have another CB to drive. Completley stock.

I cant find those zipties with the clips on the end that go into the holes and hold the wires in place. I went to every single Auto Part store and the dealer too. None.

Also where do you guys buy heat shrink from? I checked every hardware place i saw on the way to the dealer/autoparts store, and all they have is the tube. I want like a roll to wrap around the wires.

Edit:Yes that is the f22 removal guide, thanks. I have that and the H22 swap guide and the Stick in the swaps section printed out and ringed up

Comment

no idea where you could find those zipties that have the pop clip... i just picked up a bulk bag of black zipties from autozone. and it sounds like youre looking for Electrical Tape, not heatshrink tubing? expect to use a LOT of electrical tape, i used at least 2-3 full rolls...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

UPDATE

I did absolutely nothing to the car. But i did prep and paint my tranny. I still have to finish my starter since one of those long bolts broke . I also have to paint some things black and put them on. I also painted the studs, but once i put them on and used 2 nuts to tighten them into the tranny, it looked like most of the paint got scraped up maybe ill give them another spray once its in the car.

BTW...[cp]mike made this look soo easy. It took my 5 hrs just to get all the powder shit off of the top part up untill the bellhouseing (i think). Ohh. And i did this all by hand brushes. After i was done i remembered a had a air dremel type thing. .

I cant wait for the block, i need to change the timing belt/water pump/h23 tensioner, but im scared to do this bc I've never done so critical like that before plus i got a parts like from honda = $425. I want quality, but thats essentially half my motor.

Now Pics.

Clean Tranny:

Clean and Painted Tranny:

Comment

wow, now that's a NICE hunk of metal great work man

My Ride thread
                          Flickr

Comment

how did you get type G's tranny lol, looks good man cant wait till its put back together
                            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                            NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Man that tranny is making me drool I really like what your doing to your car
                              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Working...
                              X