19dabeast85 : 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamaicancb3 View Post
    I'm loving the setup sir...really is inspiring.

How does the traction bar feel? Oh, i was just wondering. have you ever thought of doing an A6 headswap?
    I have the a6 cam, pt6 ecu, and h23 intake.....absolutely no reason to swap the whole a6 head over.

Thanks for the compliments. The traction bar is great, I haven't got an alignment yet so I'm not driving much to avoid tire wear issues. It is MUCH more beefy than the stock unit but total weight feels about the same. The Heim joints squeak over bumps but I expected that.

Here's a few more pics:

Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 03:22 AM.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

wow,man your car is very clean! great job! cant wait to see the bisi header in!

H22 cb7:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=133482
      cb9:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187076
      dd cb7:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203058

Comment

I like everything you've done to this car so far...I will soon follow with your mods also

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Thanks for all the kind remarks!

One thing I hated about the 94-95 sport springs is the rear was about .5" lower than the front with my tools and spare and full tank. Anytime I had adults in the back it sat really low and rode rough over bumps.

Well I upgraded to brand new Neuspeed sports for the cb7 and that helped a bit but still not how I wanted it. I had custombilletworks.com make me some spacers coupled with ES coil spring isolator cut to fit. Put it together with lots of lube and here's the result:

I now have more shock travel, still have the sport springs and it rides great IMO with a level height even with the tools, spare and fuel! Love it!
          Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 03:23 AM.
          My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Dude that's sexy as hell!

Comment

Just posting to say I just got done updating all the links in here....my pic server access went away and I had to change. Pics back up!
              My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Let's see some "January 2012" pics in the OP man!! I wanna see the 10th AE, lol
                1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Man It's DIRTY right now, especially under the engine bay, exhaust gas soot everywhere! Maybe on a really warm day I can clean it up and post some updates. The only big change is my bisi header.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Dirty or not post pics or GTFO!!!
                    1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                    For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Refer to page 5, post #85. My rear header bracket has broken a total of 3 time now so while changing my oil today I grabbed a piece of 1/8" x 1" aluminum bar and made this:

Really easy, really simple! Hopefully that does the trick and gives those of you with the same issue some ideas to fix it.

Also worth noting....my cb7 has "whined" pretty loud for a couple years now. Just the last couple days I noticed fluid oozing out of one of the PS pump seals. I rebuilt and polished an oem pump (off my parts car) about a month ago so I swapped them today....MAN what a difference. This rebuilt oem pump is whisper quiet with no "whining" at all!!

Always nice to be able to fix a couple of those thing that have been nagging at you like I was able to get done today!
                      My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

cleAN keep it up
                        Last edited by pupildel; 07-17-2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Sad times. My car is totaled.

Story:
                          It had been raining so the roads were wet. My tires have about 1/16" tread left. I though I has ok since no puddles on road. Took a left turn on the interstate at 80mph I've taken many times before, even when wet.

This time the rear end lost traction QUICKLY. I tried to correct with the front wheels, no go. We slid sideways for a bit then the right front took the initial hit on the guardrail completely removing the bumper and spinning the right rear into the rail. After that we made one more complete turn without hitting anything and rolled to a stop a couple feet from the rail pointed the way we were going.

I waited till the 3 lanes were clear (NOBODY even slowed down btw) and pulled across into the grass next to an exit. Got out and check the vitals. Everything is OK. Engine is purring, steering is perfectly straight, radiator is fine, AC is blowing cold. So since no other vehicles were involved and no injuries I drove it home.

Insurance totaled it. I am buying it back from them and parting it out. I really hate to see this car go but I guess it is time to move on. I may get back into the cb7 game again but it would be strictly buying a great body lx/dx, stripping it and making a race car of it. Love these cars but since we're trying to make a family a newer, safer vehicle is a MUST!

Guys don't postpone new tires!!!!!!!

My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                          X