19dabeast85 : 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some parts on order to begin my suspension build:

Energy Suspension front control arm & strut rod bushings.
    Prothane rear control arm bushings.
    Moog rear shock bushings.
    Ingalls rear (washer & longer bolt) camber kit just for simplicity.
    Eibach front upper adjustable ball joints.

I plan to reuse my front upper CA's, and buy some new, complete rear upper's.

I have been planning to go with the Neuspeed SuperCup kit, but may go with the Function & Form Autolife Type II coilovers if I can afford the extra $250. I'm going to try to have all the components together to do a spring-break suspension project.

Stay tuned for pics and updates
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

I have most of my suspension bushings in now:

Eibach/SPC 0.00 to +1.50 front upper ball joints
      Moog rear lower shock mount
      80a Urethane for the rear trailing arms
      Front upper & lower control arm bushings
      Ball joint & tie-rod boots that I've had for a long time
      Strut rod bushings

I didn't realize that the front shock mount bushings didn't come with the control arm set, so those are on order. The Prothane rear bushings and rear camber kit are on backorder and should be in the first of February.

Still have to purchase the rear upper control arms and 3 rattle cans of VHT suspension&chassis paint till I'm ready for this project!
      Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 02:38 AM.
      My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Newest addition to the F22:

That amount of oil is from ~400 miles!
        Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 02:38 AM.
        My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Black CB
          Good progress, nice selection of parts and an all around nice car.

Comment

Originally posted by 91blkcoupe
            Black CB
            Good progress, nice selection of parts and an all around nice car.

Thanks, my theory is to do it right the first time or don't do it at all!

I've got pretty much all of my suspension bushings/ball joints in and planning on doing that along with painting the exhaust for rust purposes, and putting 1/4" sound insulation between the exhaust shield and car floor all during spring break. I really wanted to do spring/struts at this time too, but just can't afford it. At least this way I get to see exactly what ONLY poly bushings does for the feel of the car.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

dag man. im lovin this car. and its an auto. nice stickin it to the 5spds im waitin to see what your cb looks like dropped now i plan on being OCD on getting my IM cleaned

Comment

Well the auto will not be much longer, I've found a 1993 LX 5spd with 114,000 on it for a good price. Plan on swapping the fresher engine and converting it to my a6 cam & H23 IM setup along with the 5spd tranny first of summer!
                My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85
                  Well the auto will not be much longer, I've found a 1993 LX 5spd with 114,000 on it for a good price. Plan on swapping the fresher engine and converting it to my a6 cam & H23 IM setup along with the 5spd tranny first of summer!
                  Picked up my donor car Saturday! Everything that I don't need will be parted out and I have a FS thread as well as some pics here in OT section: 2nd CB7
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85
                    Newest addition to the F22:

That amount of oil is from ~400 miles!
                    Nice. I'm liken the setup.

Comment

Nice paint

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                        Nice. I'm liken the setup.
                        Thanks man, I can't wait to get back to work on my car when school gets out!

Originally posted by jdm_inspired
                        Nice paint
                        Appreciate the complement! Garage kept and 60-year-old lady driven for over half its life!
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Here's a peek at my progress over break at nights after work!

1. COMPLETE poly suspension overhaul (incl 80a urethane rear trailing arm)
                          2. Sanded/primed/painted custom exhaust system!!
                          3. Full alignment (unfortunately I didn't think to ask for the printout though)

On to some pics:

Bare exhaust system

3 coats of VHT white header primer

3 coats of VHT gray header paint

Finished product!!

To comment on the VHT paint.....it's the best rattle-can paint i've ever used, sprays on really well and smooth and covers very well. I'd recommend their products to anyone!
                          Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 02:39 AM.
                          My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Got some new pics of my Neuspeed bar and the painted exhaust under the car!!!

Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 02:40 AM.
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

dag man. your car is coming along real nicely. where are you fixin your ar up at? your driveway or garage?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                                dag man. your car is coming along real nicely. where are you fixin your ar up at? your driveway or garage?
                                Mostly at home, an open shed connected to our woodshop.....a little here at school, but tryin not to get too distracted from my main reason for being in school, lol!

Thanks for the compliment! Still can't wait to get the 5spd in!
                                My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X