No announcement yet.

19dabeast85 : 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice swap!!! Now if I do it I know who to call!!
    Great work!!
    Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
    CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
    Coupe MRT

Comment

Such a clean ride bro. Nice updates.

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Originally posted by lilb_1979 View Post
        Nice swap!!! Now if I do it I know who to call!!
        Great work!!
        Yeah man, I'm not that far away, be glad to help you when you do the swap!

Originally posted by CB3 View Post
        Such a clean ride bro. Nice updates.
        Thanks alot, the comments help keep me focused on my CB7 plans!
        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Just read through your compleat tread, that I was looking for same exhaust set up, but after seeing you fight with exhaust noise, might just get WS2 and save me the hassle, dont get me wrong it sound really nice I won't find place to weld it for me cheap. so will have pay close to new WS2

Your making so much progress on cb7 that is close future you'll have priceless gem

Comment

Wow. Your paintjob is very nice, and your attention to detail is suburb .. keep us informed on updates .. these are awesome. Keep up the good work
            R.I.P Mulberry Red Pearl 90'ex
            SASKCB7 Tuner

Searching for a CB7, within 1000m of me

Comment

Thanks for the complements all!

A couple updated pics!!:

Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 02:44 AM.
              My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

this is a cool thorough thread. i liked reading it. i got to see how complex a tranny swap is. damn! i want to do it, but looks like i need some time on my hands. glad to see that the camshaft upgrade helped on gas mileage and highway merging.

Be Clean

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz View Post
                  this is a cool thorough thread. i liked reading it. i got to see how complex a tranny swap is. damn! i want to do it, but looks like i need some time on my hands. glad to see that the camshaft upgrade helped on gas mileage and highway merging.
                  Thanks, the swap really isn't too bad. It could be done in a much shorter time frame, I'm just extremely meticulous when I do something and replace seals/paint/clean things that don't really need it. A straight, quick swap wouldn't be too bad, the worst part for me is doing everything up under the dash like clutch pedal, cruise wiring, other wiring.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I've been searching for a block-off plate for the air-boost valve but have had no luck finding one. I got to thinking and came up with a very simple, completely inconspicuous way to block off the valve! I had an extra valve laying around and found some 3/8" x 24 plugs hidden in my tool box and......

Threaded in very snugly with blue RTV on the threads to seal and lock them. It'll be a day or two before I get a chance to install this and see if it was the source of my very erratic vacuum leak-ish idle problem.
                    Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 02:45 AM.
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

After thinking for a long time that my catalytic converter heat shield has been rattling, I got to actually searching for the rattle and found that evidently either engine vibrations or the header expanding/contracting broke the rear downpipe bracket. I found the broken piece nestled between the DP pipes and oilpan:

Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 02:45 AM.
                      My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Well, that is certainly interesting.
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter
                        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I had the same thing happen in my old wagon, motor mounts went to shit, and messed up all kinds of stuff. glad you replaced them!
                          -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
                          newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
                          newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
                          newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

Nice ride man, super clean!

How do you like the XTD clutch setup? Would you recommend it?
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                              Nice ride man, super clean!

How do you like the XTD clutch setup? Would you recommend it?
                              Absolutely NOT. Stay away from XTD. It is supposedly a stage 1 but slips way to much. It's also the cause of some chatter when getting the car in motion. Other member here have had similar if not the exact same issues with XTD products.

I recommend either Fidanza or F1 flywheels and Exedy clutches seem to be the best quality for the buck.
                              My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I've ditched my 2.5" CAI and changed to a 3.0" short ram with my same 3.0" Apexi filter.........boy what a difference! The engine runs smoother and stronger all around, must have been starving for air, and now the tone change when the IAB's open @4900 is VERY noticeable! Please excuse the filthy engine bay.

I've also made another modification/improvement, see if you can figure it out from these pics:

Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-05-2012, 02:46 AM.
                                My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X