Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jdm92_accorn : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sorry to hear about your cb bro! Gl with your next one!

    Comment


      Is your TL an auto or manual? I had a buddy with one, from a dig or a low speed roll, it was pretty close to about 86-90mph... after that, my car would clobber him fairly easily.

      Glad you're doing OK! I get on here about once a month to check in on things, still on the hunt for a CB7.


      '98 Prelude resto/mod thread

      Comment


        still hunting for a cb7. i want a clean dx for sure. as far as the clutch goes i already swapped to a braided line that deletes the damper. the shifter was the other week point. i now have the same delrin shifter bushings and i ordered a k-tuned billet shifter aswell. on the subject of the tl vs the accords. the tl is a cow but it's geared extremely well and the base 6MT, like mine, is faster then the three type-s 6MT i have raced. two of them had an intake and j-pipe. the lack of torque in the base i think helps the launch. i guess im going to start a different thread about the TL for those who want to hear about it and close up betsy's.

        MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

        Comment


          This was one of the first things I saw after not logging in for 3 months, I was so so sad to see this. Glad you're okay and I'm gonna miss all the N/A goodness this thread brought.

          Comment


            betsy may be resurrected. I will find out here in a few weeks if the body shop can weld a new front clip on and change the roof sheet metal.

            MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

            Comment


              You don't want that. Not at all. There are plenty of other cars out there that will make a great transplant candidate.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

              Comment


                its a sentimental thing, it will no longer be a all around car though. this go around it will be an all motor drag strip monster.

                MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

                Comment


                  I'd love to have Betsy back again.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                    The new and the old. I miss her, lol.

                    #GOALS

                    So, what should I do to get this kind of power with my F22a.
                    I have a complete H23 intake, with a spacer, and thermal intake gasket already...

                    Would you say Camshaft and tune would be next? Then I need to do fuel upgrades..
                    I'm faster then a prius

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                      #GOALS

                      So, what should I do to get this kind of power with my F22a.
                      I have a complete H23 intake, with a spacer, and thermal intake gasket already...

                      Would you say Camshaft and tune would be next? Then I need to do fuel upgrades..
                      Gtron, if you read this entire MRT you will know exactly what jdm92_accorn has done. He doesn't hide anything and tells us everything he has done to get these power levels. First off swap your blocks bottom end for the F23A bottom end. You'll gain torque and hp just from that alone.
                      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                        Gtron, if you read this entire MRT you will know exactly what jdm92_accorn has done. He doesn't hide anything and tells us everything he has done to get these power levels. First off swap your blocks bottom end for the F23A bottom end. You'll gain torque and hp just from that alone.
                        I've read a majority of the thread, but it's 83 pages . And sometimes after you've built something, you know what you would do differently if you do it again, or what you would recommend.

                        Swap a F23a bottom end. Will note that. Would a F22B bottom end offer similar gains? Reason being, I have a friend that has a F22B bottom end sitting in his garage that he said I could have.
                        I'm faster then a prius

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                          I've read a majority of the thread, but it's 83 pages . And sometimes after you've built something, you know what you would do differently if you do it again, or what you would recommend.

                          Swap a F23a bottom end. Will note that. Would a F22B bottom end offer similar gains? Reason being, I have a friend that has a F22B bottom end sitting in his garage that he said I could have.
                          This thread though is actually 83 pages of awesomeness. Jdm92_accorn probably goes through about 4 iterations of this engine to get where he was in the end, so really you get to go through a lot of the learning process just reading this thread from the beginning. If your looking to make power this is 83 pages of education. People from all other forums direct people to read this thread on making hp with the F series, jdm92_accorn has done a lot of the pain and suffering already for the rest of us, and he was kind enough to share it with us. The least you can do it just sit down with some popcorn and a soda and soak in the knowledge he has been kind enough to share. I guarantee you are going to learn a few things.

                          Jdm92_accorn, thanks again man for the willingness to share your adventure with Betsy with us, we have all learned from your experiences!
                          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                            its a sentimental thing, it will no longer be a all around car though. this go around it will be an all motor drag strip monster.
                            Mmmm, I totally understand the sentimental aspect. However, considering your specific goal (can I say, yessssss), can you really not find a decent dx, or even lx or ex that you are willing to strip?
                            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

                            F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."


                            MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

                            15.10 @ 90.42mph
                            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

                            Comment


                              Man, what a read! Really nice the transfomation you have documented here sir, impressive and then some. I too live in the the great N.C. about 35 mile NW of G boro.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X