Clear All

2014 Accord of the Year - jdm_inspired

Congratulations!!!!

October 2014
    jdm_inspired

Nominated by Joey GT-R

'94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Congrats, a well built car that deserves this kind of recognition.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Congrats!
      My 90 coupe Mr thread....
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

So, 160 views and only 2 comments? Really? Do people realize how hard it is to achieve this?

Takes all of 30 seconds to comment.

Again, Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
          So, 160 views and only 2 comments? Really? Do people realize how hard it is to achieve this?

Takes all of 30 seconds to comment.

Again, Congratulations.
          Achieve what exactly? A lot of friends to vote for you the most? The car isn't even JDM, just a cb7 with an engine swap and some JDM parts slapped on. I'm not jealous but I am confused. I think if I changed my name to Mad-Turbo-JDM I'd have 500,000 views and AOTY no problem.

Congrats to him, sorry if this causes a pissing match but you asked. Maybe not everyone agrees with the congrats like myself and thus no words spoken. I'd rather give credit to those who put $15,000-$20,000 into a turbo build (Mr. Phil, aleks77), who do a full interior swap with ultra rare parts (P5ylance ), rare unseen mods (lucifer), shapie their ride in meticulous detail (bcrich), turn the cb7 into a show car (dohboy), or actually own a JDM CB7. These are cars to be AOTY!

The nomination of the month/year goes to those who have the most friends to vote for them, and far too often those who lose should of won. Too many times I've nominated someone but rather the guy in south Cali wins as he has the most friends on here. We should ditch the NOTM and start doing Spotlight Of The Month (SOTM). Someone who gets their ride featured and some history and an interview. Inspirations, ideas, and get to know a member.

Just my .02, please delete it if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            The car isn't even JDM
            Hence, "inspired." But I do kind of agree with what you're saying. I never even look at this section because the nominations usually confuse me. If something is going to be nominated Best of the Month or Best of the Year, it should be a car that has accomplished something great in that timeframe, be it with the build itself or even something as simple as making a presence at as many of the big car shows as possible to help put the CB more clearly on the Honda community's radar. If we're going to nominate someone for Accord of the Year, for example didn't two members on here manage features in Honda Tuning and get the word out about this forum?

Regardless, jdm_inspired's car has always been one of my favorites on here. The recognition isn't undeserved. He's put together one of the best-looking vehicles on this site, and the performance to back that up isn't lacking.

We should ditch the NOTM and start doing Spotlight Of The Month (SOTM). Someone who gets their ride featured and some history and an interview. Inspirations, ideas, and get to know a member.
            I absolutely love this idea. I think it would do a better job of showcasing quality builds that members might have missed while browsing the forum. Not to mention a little story would give me reason to visit this section, rather than just seeing a photo and parts list that I can find in Members Rides anyway. Maybe that's why there aren't many comments here. What's really to say other than the "congrats" everyone else is going to post?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I see your point.

I too agree with AOM being changed to Spotlight of the Month. Lots of really good builds get overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                .....If we're going to nominate someone for Accord of the Year, for example didn't two members on here manage features in Honda Tuning and get the word out about this forum?

I absolutely love this idea. I think it would do a better job of showcasing quality builds that members might have missed while browsing the forum. Not to mention a little story would give me reason to visit this section, rather than just seeing a photo and parts list that I can find in Members Rides anyway. Maybe that's why there aren't many comments here. What's really to say other than the "congrats" everyone else is going to post?
                Yep. Exactly. This years nomination was the last straw for me personally. I most likely won't return to this section.

Comment

Achieve what exactly? A lot of friends to vote for you the most? The car isn't even JDM, just a cb7 with an engine swap and some JDM parts slapped on. I'm not jealous but I am confused. I think if I changed my name to Mad-Turbo-JDM I'd have 500,000 views and AOTY no problem.

Congrats to him, sorry if this causes a pissing match but you asked. Maybe not everyone agrees with the congrats like myself and thus no words spoken. I'd rather give credit to those who put $15,000-$20,000 into a turbo build (Mr. Phil, aleks77), who do a full interior swap with ultra rare parts (P5ylance ), rare unseen mods (lucifer), shapie their ride in meticulous detail (bcrich), turn the cb7 into a show car (dohboy), or actually own a JDM CB7. These are cars to be AOTY!

The nomination of the month/year goes to those who have the most friends to vote for them, and far too often those who lose should of won. Too many times I've nominated someone but rather the guy in south Cali wins as he has the most friends on here. We should ditch the NOTM and start doing Spotlight Of The Month (SOTM). Someone who gets their ride featured and some history and an interview. Inspirations, ideas, and get to know a member.

"I'm really happy for you. I'ma let you finish but..."
                  Last edited by jdm_inspired; 01-23-2015, 07:40 AM.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

I've been nomanated a few times and not won I'm sorry but I have lots of friends and know lots of people in the CB world. I know first hand winning aom or year isn't just gunna happen by having lots of friends or being well known. I've been wanting to get on this list for years but I understand my CB isn't good enough and having lots of friends on this site never got me aom so I kinda disagree with some of what was said here. Anyhow let's stop thread jacking and give the proper props that's supposed to be given here or shut up lol mad probs to you and your car jdm_inspired its been a inspiration to me and meany others you earned this.
                    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Some of what you said are good ideas like a spotlight of the month however really the Kanye style comment could've been put in a off topic section or directed towards Deev for a new site section idea. Even if your comment is deleted, traces of it will still be stained in this thread by other members responding to it and played back in the OP's mind.

Not everyone respects a car where somebody dumps 15k into a K20a quad turbo build etc. I was nominated for aotm once and have mods and rare parts that nobody even have on this board but didnt win but lost to other builds that had lesser jdm parts "slapped on".

Just like voting for a president, its always going to be by popular vote. Not all votes are going to be coming from Cali or friends tho. There are lots of members all over that respect Anthonys build and his character. Maybe this is where i fell short because I rarely post or respond to my thread.

Honestly I cant say I would vote for someone who isnt a very active member who doesnt give into the community, doesn't have a build story that I can't relate to or simply doesnt appeal to me. If you knew Anthony and seen where this car started from and the blood,sweat and tears put into it... this story would have easily sold a reality tv show which can relate to teens getting their first CB7 commuter and turning it into a respectful ride.

Im not hating on those who have the funds to blow 15k on a 20+ yr old car, but I cant say there arent a lot of inspired builds on here that I pay attention to that would get my vote simply by the fact they are not as active as Anthony. What a lot of people i believe look for in this community is of course the car, character and story behind the build. If all 3 arent there... its simply not there.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                      JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                      1994 Prelude V-Tec
                      1999 CL 3.0
                      2000 Prelude
                      2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                      1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                      1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                      1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

well all bs aside. jdm inspired as well as a few others inspired my build. to loose to him is for me a deserved loss. his car is amazing classy and simple. and very rarely do people with such a nice car, have such a humble and friendly personality. congrats and thanks for building an awesome cb7.

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                        disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Originally posted by Juice21 View Post
                          well all bs aside. jdm inspired as well as a few others inspired my build. to loose to him is for me a deserved loss. his car is amazing classy and simple. and very rarely do people with such a nice car, have such a humble and friendly personality. congrats and thanks for building an awesome cb7.
                          Juice, if there was a physical trophy, I'd share it with you. I could've sworn you'd win. We must inspire each other cause builds like yours keep me going. Congrats to all who were nominated. We all deserve a celebration.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Nonetheless, jdm_inspired and Juice21, two of my favorite builds. Both inspiring.

Comment

Definitely clean ride man, that goes to all nominated as well.
                              93 Honda Accord Lx
                              Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Comment

Working...
                              X