can anyone help me find a new camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can anyone help me find a new camera

alright well i would like to get a new camera for taking pictures of my cb and such.. because a wal-mart digital camera just isnt cutting it.. i really dont want to buy brand new until i am used to how good camera's work and start taking good pictures..

so heres my budget and wants

i would like a nice camera sub 250 or 300 (dont know how well thats good get me)
    no wal mart krap i want a real camera lol

if i have to i can pay more than listed.. but i would really like to try and stay in the range
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

There have been a couple of threads on here about people wanting cheap good cameras.
    Youre going to have to tell us what you want. Do you want a Point and Shoot or DSLR?
    Used Canon Xt's, 10d's, and 20d's go for sub $300 prices. Used Nikon d40's and d50's go for around that too.

If you want a point and shoot a used Canon g9 would be a good option. A great little camera.

1999 Honda Prelude
    Photography Site

Comment

i want a DSLR.. ive heard alot about nikon d40 being good starter cameras but i didnt think they were sub 300
      You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
      Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

You can get a d40 on CL for sub 300. I had one, and I'm much more familiar with nikon so that's really the only direction I can point you in. I'd just get a cheap d40, or if you want to get a canon look at the above options.
        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Fujifilm Finepix S1500. some nice settings and only $200 at walmart and take some nice pics too. also you can fine them for cheaper on ebay. around $150-$200 for a used one with accessories. thats what i plan on getting.

i have the Finepix A800 and it takes some mad clear pics. and thats like $100. i can only imagine what a camera of the same company thats $100 with more settings can do.

Comment

hmm yeh i never really did look at the nicer style cameras at wal mart

Comment

For that price id say go for the d40 or rebel series.

Can't go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                hmm yeh i never really did look at the nicer style cameras at wal mart
                Fujifilm Finepix S1500

$199 is the price i saw for it. decent camera too. took a few pics with it. waiting to buy one tho. heres a couple of pics i took with the Finepix A800 i have:

as you can see, the lower model takes some really good pics. now think of how the $200 S1500 will do since you have more settings to play with.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                For that price id say go for the d40 or rebel series.

Can't go wrong.
                Rebel series normally go for $350+ unless their used. and i dont know about yall, but im not one for buying a use camera. did before and now the lense doesnt move out like it supposed to so it cant take any pics.

Comment

buying used slrs is different... the only moving parts a camera body has are the functions that have to work everytime u use it. craigslist is a great outlook for used slr cameras because u can go and use the camera before u buy it.

if u wanna take taking pics seriously u may as well go with a dslr. they are so affordable these days. p&s FTL!

"Tucking tires and wires."
                  The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                    buying used slrs is different... the only moving parts a camera body has are the functions that have to work everytime u use it. craigslist is a great outlook for used slr cameras because u can go and use the camera before u buy it.

if u wanna take taking pics seriously u may as well go with a dslr. they are so affordable these days. p&s FTL!
                    listen to this guy. out of all the pics ive seen taken up here, his have been the best...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                      Rebel series normally go for $350+ unless their used. and i dont know about yall, but im not one for buying a use camera. did before and now the lense doesnt move out like it supposed to so it cant take any pics.
                      As long as you do research on the camera you are buying, its really hard to have a suprise. I have bought 2 bodies(20d, 30d), 5 lenses(50mm, 85mm, 70-200 f/4, traded for used Sigma 70-200, and 17-50), and a flash(430ex) all lightly used and have not had any trouble with any of them for around a year now.

Before I buy, I ask for images of the item(as many as possible), samples with the lens or body in regular shooting conditions as well as focus tests of lens. I also ask for shots of a neutral surface wide open and at minimum aperture to ensure a clean sensor or clean glass.

Now if you dont ask for test pics, pics of the item, references from selling other items, you deserve to get screwed. Thats like buying a cb7 based on someone telling you that it hauls ass. Dumb.

1999 Honda Prelude
                      Photography Site

Comment

you got a PM.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Working...
                        X