fun with light trails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fun with light trails

these 2 were shot in a completely dark room with the only light coming from an LED light-wand that i also got for christmas. i was just playing around with long eposure shots and the light and picked my 2 favorite shots. the background is just a black shirt i had laying right next to where the shots were being taken. i messed with them a little bit in photoshop, but really only changed the levels. the top one of my shocktech autococker (paintball gun) was desaturated completely to create a black-and-white shot. the one of my shoe was also completely desaturated aside from the laces. they were made into a separate layer and adjusted separately to do away with some of the turquoise that showed up in the picture but not in real life.

let me know what you think. im just a beginner at photography, but i'm trying to learn as much as possible.
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 01-10-2010, 03:01 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

The shots look alright to me

One thing you should try to do is use the light trails for more than fill in the frame. In those two shots, the light trails don't accentuate the subject matter or get your eye to follow a certain trail. Using light trails to outline the subject or to otherwise 'frame' the subject can lead to more visually appealing shots.

A good way to find excellent examples of any methods of photography is to seach Flickr. Just type in "Light trails" or something similar and browse the shots. You'll get lots of ideas from there. Good luck!

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

i really like the shoe one....it looks like a mag shot..keep it up
      MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Working...
      X