Opinions on UV filters?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

Also if you are grippin an SLR then that means it sits around your neck that way?

For an old school guy use to the heavy duty stuff from yesteryear then id imagine it isn't a big deal but i would also assume that a gripped camera is pretty solid and slightly heavy and so having it around your neck for a few hours is going to take a toll????

Idk.

q-

if i take my slr to a photog store, will they allow me to test fit a grip on my body to get an idea how it feels???
    Any store that may have a grip in stock should let you *demo* the body (with lens) for comfort.
    And no .. I don't honestly believe that I've ever used a "strap" .. I must have thrown 100's of straps away.
    Useless .. and besides, makes you look like a tourist .. it didn't help this poor girl ..
    She tried to hang herself!!!

Also if i get a grip...what kind?

OEM Canon or a knock-off.....i see a lot of peeps using the knockoff but i think that is because for the t2i, the knockoffs were cheaper when the t2i first debut.

Probably get a used OEM grip for cheap now??
    You can buy a good used OEM grip on eBay for cheeeaap right now.
    Although, *clones* work and pretty much feel the same ..

You will love the feel ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

for what i do drip is also a must.... i developed cramps in my hand with the 5d ungripped when i shoot nightlife.. a lot of the time u are walking through large crowds with the camera above ur head so the dbags cant spill drinks on ur camera... so with a grip the edge of the body doesnt dig into ur hand and cramp up. people complain about the weight but it feels 100% better with the grip. i actually have a friend who had the ligament on his wrist detach from shooting nightlife with one hand for a very extended period of time. u gotta remember a lot of us are shooting one handed because we shoot two flashes. u would be surprised the amount of difference it makes to be able to use two hands to shoot, and how much stress u put on ur muscles. also the strap thing is kinda true... i use one but it hasnt been around my neck in years... i wrap it around my wrist as a fail safe just in case it should slip or some asshole bumps it out of my hand. i do throw the camera on my shoulder and the strap definitely comes in handy for that, and i could care less if someone thinks im a tourist haha...

oh and ive had two aftermarket grips in the past and would not recommend them at all.. they are made kinda cheaply, and do break.(both of mine did)
      Last edited by J-specCb4; 08-26-2011, 10:26 PM.

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

Ok cool. Good info indeed.

Ok have to check out the grips.

When you say you walk around with two flashes are you saying you have one top mounted and one in your hand?

If so, does the handheld one provide side lighting?

Comment

yeah its a nightlife technique... it makes the lighting really dynamic.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
            yeah its a nightlife technique... it makes the lighting really dynamic.
            Going over your work photos, i can totally see it.

I hope one day i can master lighting half as good as you.

After a lot of reading the last few weeks, i have come to see that lighting is half the job and really does make a picture.

Im really excited to jump in and start shooting.

I spend most of my time lately on POTN.

You guys on there?

Comment

Going over your work photos, i can totally see it.

I hope one day i can master lighting half as good as you.

After a lot of reading the last few weeks, i have come to see that lighting is half the job and really does make a picture.

Im really excited to jump in and start shooting.

I spend most of my time lately on POTN.

You guys on there?
              thanks man! im on potn occasionally...

The Chronicles.

Comment

Oh ok cool!

Comment

Working...
                X