Opinion on starter 35mm camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on starter 35mm camera

It's really for my brother who is taking photography in HS but i found this "camera system" for only $60.

Olympus OM-2n 35mm film camera (black body)
    Vivitar 80-200 zoom lens
    Olympus 135 telephoto lens
    Sigma 35-70 zoom lens
    Olympus power winder

To me it sounds like a pretty good deal but is anyone familiar with this ancient camera?

I'm hoping the person will reply to my email and i can meet up with them tomorrow.

Can anyone offer any tips on inspecting the camera and the lenses?

Drats someone already bought the camera off the guy.

Comment

If you want info on old cameras, you can also check out-

photography on the.net

Has tons of info and there is a section dedicated to 35mm and film.

Comment

hmm i made an account there but i didn't see any sections for film cameras.

Comment

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...highlight=35mm

Im sorry i thought there was a section....its more or less a thread dedicated to film peoples...

Pretty much everyone in there shoots film still like right now....so asking opinions on a specific film camera should be allowed and you should get an answer.

Also PakoloaHonda is VERY knowledgeable in 35mm, you might want to send him a PM and see what he has to say.

Comment

Thanks man. I'm meeting up with a lady who has a Pentax P30T complete with lense for only 20 bucks later.

Reviews online make it appear to be a pretty decent camera although i really did have my hearts set on that Olympus OM2N. I like that old look on cameras.

* Boy this weekend has been full of dissapointment. The lady didn't even show up to show me the camera. She could have at least sent me a text or something saying she wasn't interested in selling it anymore.
            Last edited by Leung; 08-27-2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Wow that really sucks dude.

keep looking, itll go your way eventually...and im sure the wait will be worth it.

Did you try DPReview....might be just for digital cameras.....but if you do some googling you might find some good 35mm sites.

Comment

The Canon AE-1 was an industry standard for many years. If you could score one and a Canon FD 50 mm, you would be set.

1999 Honda Prelude
                Photography Site

Comment

Working...
                X