Finally got a respectable Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a respectable Camera

This section looks pretty dead, I know we use to have a pretty sizable photography enthusiast base on here.

But anyway, finally got myself a DSLR. Been wanting one forever. Found a pretty decent deal on one on craigslist. Got a Cannon Rebel EOS T1i. I really don't have a lot of cash flow to deal with, most of it is adsorbed by bills. SO I just have the Cannon 18-55 lens that came with but want to invest in some others later on.

I bought a cheap add on 58mm .42x wide angle. For the price its not bad, but I don't have 200+ to drop on a legit fisheye right now.

Still getting use to it, but I really like it. It definitely increased my interest in photography

Here is my flickr, Some photos I've taken so far.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/drewrr/
    wat?

Freaking nice photos. I love the house dude. The area looks real nice. Very nice photos too. I am low on cash too but I have own quite a few SLR myself but had to sell as the need for cash and short on time.

Comment

Looking good dude!!

I have the T2i and it was the best investment Ive made in quite a while.

Since getting it, I added a 28mm f2.8, a 50mm f1.8, a 110 soft zoom, of course the 18-55 kit lens, and the 420ex flash gun.

Shit is addicting.

Im already eyeing my next lens which is the 55-250 nifty two fifty.

The single best investment you can make after getting the body is a flash gun.

It will change your pictures over night.

Really helps out, especially fill flash.

I got my 420 used on ebay....used gear is a lot of fun!

Comment

Your photos look very professional.i like them alot especially the one with the screw and flower.i need to invest in a camera but i dont know whats the difference in camera types.good work though

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
          Freaking nice photos. I love the house dude. The area looks real nice. Very nice photos too. I am low on cash too but I have own quite a few SLR myself but had to sell as the need for cash and short on time.
          Thanks, yeah thats why I barely just got it after years lol.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
          Looking good dude!!

I have the T2i and it was the best investment Ive made in quite a while.

Since getting it, I added a 28mm f2.8, a 50mm f1.8, a 110 soft zoom, of course the 18-55 kit lens, and the 420ex flash gun.

Shit is addicting.

Im already eyeing my next lens which is the 55-250 nifty two fifty.

The single best investment you can make after getting the body is a flash gun.

It will change your pictures over night.

Really helps out, especially fill flash.

I got my 420 used on ebay....used gear is a lot of fun!
          Nice, your right it is addicting lol. Ill spend hours on amazon just looking at all the accessories. I was looking at the flashes, I def want to get one when I have the money. Next investment is a new tripod, mine is too wobbly.

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
          Your photos look very professional.i like them alot especially the one with the screw and flower.i need to invest in a camera but i dont know whats the difference in camera types.good work though
          Thanks, pretty much cant go wrong with a DSLR.
          wat?

Comment

This one of the most enjoyable time consuming hobbies. Lol.

Comment

Buy a 50mm f/1.8. Cheap and fast, can't be beaten.

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                I think that will have to be my next lens purchase. Thanks lol.
                wat?

Comment

OP, I really like some of the photo's; theres the lightswitch, the I-90, and the kayaks.

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                  I am looking into aquiring a DSLR here soon myself (I'm really leaning towards the Nikon D5100), and I was looking at a 35mm f/1.8 as an alternative lense. Why do you suggest a 50mm over say a 35mm? Is just a depth of field preference? Sorry I am still semi-new to photography. Last time I worked with camera's was in highschool, and back then I didn't have even an iota of understanding in regards to the differences between lenses and their effect on depth of field.
                  Last edited by cloudasc; 09-02-2012, 12:01 PM.
                  PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Essentially the 50mm is supposed to be the perfect "portrait" lens.....as it is roughly the distance one would view an object, or something like that.

Im not sure if canon makes a 35mm 1.8 but if they do then it would just be a matter of preference.

Comment

50mm on a crop sensor isnt really the ideal focal length... that thought comes from 35mm cameras... canon has a 35mm f2 that isnt too expensive as well as a 28mm 2.8 and a 28 1.8 which i own. my next purchase is the 24 1.4L... sorry for the nerdiness... i do this shit daily haha..

"Tucking tires and wires."
                      The Chronicles.

Comment

loving the photo of the dog lol
                        Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                          50mm on a crop sensor isnt really the ideal focal length... that thought comes from 35mm cameras... canon has a 35mm f2 that isnt too expensive as well as a 28mm 2.8 and a 28 1.8 which i own. my next purchase is the 24 1.4L... sorry for the nerdiness... i do this shit daily haha..
                          Ya that is true actually, I forgot about the mag factor.

Damn that 24 1.4 is probably dope.

Do you own BOTH the 28 2.8 and 1.8 or just the 1.8?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                            Ya that is true actually, I forgot about the mag factor.

Damn that 24 1.4 is probably dope.

Do you own BOTH the 28 2.8 and 1.8 or just the 1.8?
                            lol wat
                            wat?

Comment

just the 1.8. there wouldnt be much reason to own both.

but yeah... get urself a 50. and shoot with it as much as possible. u will learn a ton from it.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                              The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X