Places my job takes me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places my job takes me

So I figured I would post up pictures of places I have been and continue to travel. Hopefully you guys will find this interesting and also keep it as a photo journal for myself. Deev hope you don't mind Now keep in mind these pictures are taken with an IPhone. I'll title them on where the pictures were taken.

First Up Dubai U.A.E:
    The "Palm" at night

The view outside my hotel room

The aqurium inside the mall of Dubai

The Souk ( flea Market) inside the Dubai mall

Picture of the world's tallest building

Beautiful architecture of Dubai

Then sunset with a Mosque in the background

I have many more pictures to post but I figured here's a good taste. Still to upload Thailand, Philippines, majuro island, Diego Garcia, Iceland, Romania, Germany, Japan. There are a lot so bare with me.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Romania:
    Romanian airport and their Air Force, or what's left of it

Most of their planes and helicopters looked like this, probably been sitting here since the Soviet Union ran this area:

The terminal:

Some boat in the middle of the town:

One of their churches:

A lot of their buildings looked like this, very poor country:

View outside my hotel room, very pretty beach:

Then finally one of their local beers which was actually pretty good:

STAY TUNED FOR MORE
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Man 37 views and not a single comment....
      ~Nick~

Comment

not sure what to say, besides enjoying looking at the pictures haha. What do you do for work?? I'd love to see that much around the world. Keep taking lots of pictures...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I was waiting for the rest. I thought I read that there were going to be many more places. Didn't you say something about Thailand and the Philippines?
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yes sorry I have been busy getting ready to deploy. Mike i fly c-130s for the navy.

Here's some from Thailand, I have more on my actual camera that I need to upload but here's a taste.
            View from pool at hotel on pattaya beach:

A Very yummy pineapple fried rice:

A gold Buddha on the side of a mountain:

Hotel view at the very end of this street is "walking" street, interesting shows there:

King and queen of Thailand, pictures of them all over the place:

This dog was guarding this scooter, cute dog:

A shrine for the locals to pray and give gifts, these too were all over the place as well:

Walking street:

This dude was messing around with poisonous snakes and nothing between him and the crowd:

This guy was so crazy he literally caught this snake with his mouth only! not sure what kind of snake it was, but still:

I also got to ride on an elephant, picture to come and sit next to a tiger.
            Last edited by Grumpys93; 03-22-2015, 08:38 PM.
            ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
              Most of their planes and helicopters looked like this, probably been sitting here since the Soviet Union ran this area:
              How cool is this...

Thanks for sharing Grumpys93!

EDIT... I wish FlightRadar24 would display US military cargo planes. I would follow your flight!
              Last edited by H311RA151N; 03-22-2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Nice photos. I must be in the wrong field...

I spend a lot of time in people's bathrooms.
                Originally posted by cb7dazz
                And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                ...for example

Comment

Iwo Jima:
                  Mount Suribachi where the Japan's held their last stand and we raised the American flag

A couple memorials set up

A couple caves the Japanese dug out to hide in and at the end do mass suicides:

The plane I fly on parked on the original air strip:

We didn't have anytime to explore since we were picking up things and leaving so I didn't get many pictures, but still cool to see a piece of American history.
                  ~Nick~

Comment

Wake Island:
                    Things people have found diving or walking the beach:

An old command center for the Japanese:

Old bridge that was burned down during the fight

Just an old building in the middle of the base:

Picture of the beach. Was very pretty there but rats and hermit crabs were everywhere:

After walking the beach I found this was super excited. Was going to keep it but the primer was still in it and didn't want to take the chance of it exploding so I turned it into the museum there:

Memorial set up to honor the troops who fought there:

The beach was littered with trash from Japan:
                    Last edited by Grumpys93; 04-17-2015, 12:28 PM.
                    ~Nick~

Comment

What's really funny is that I can't see any of these photos on the NIPR network.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter
                      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Stuttgart, Germany during Oktoberfest, I had a blast there. The crazy thing is, is everyone was drunk but no one was fighting at all. Everyone was having fun. Sorry pictures were blurry I was pretty intoxicated.

Inside one of the big halls during the celebration.

This ride was awesome, takes you all the way around while spinning. Even better when drunk.

Enjoy a nice hef and bratwurst.

My hotel room:
                        Last edited by Grumpys93; 04-18-2015, 03:42 AM.
                        ~Nick~

Comment

That's awesome man. I assume since you fly the 130 you go out to Andersen out in Guam right?

I grew up there and would always watch the Intruders making practice runs around the island.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

All the time lol. I do enjoy watching the bombers take off and land. Those planes look so shady like they are right on the edge of losing control.
                            ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                              All the time lol. I do enjoy watching the bombers take off and land. Those planes look so shady like they are right on the edge of losing control.
                              That's awesome! I follow a local car blog out of there called Hafadaze, they do a lot of meets in the area.

And if you get a chance, go to Palau man I also lived there as a kid (a good amount of my moms side still reside there as well) a lot of WWII relics if you enjoy that good part of American history.

Trust me you'll like it there.

Sadly I havent been back in over 20 years
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X