Photography tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photography tips

I was thinking it would be cool if we had a forum sub-section for photography tips and the like.

I'll start

http://www.photonhead.com/

Filled with tips, tricks, and tutorials, Photonhead is a great resource for newbies and not-so-newbies to digital photography. Photonhead covers choosing a camera, taking photos, and photo editing, and has a cool "SimCam," which lets you adjust shutter speed, aperture, and ISO on a test image and see the results as if it were a real camera. Look elsewhere for camera and software reviews, though, as the ones on the site are ancient.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Basically invest in a tripod. Play with all the manual seettings read up on the manual and that should help you a lot. Take a lot of pics with each setting to see what each is like.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yes, we do need a photography forum, or subforum. People are starting to get more into it on this forum now, and theres been a lot of photography and camera related quetions lately.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

oh, and thanks for that site. its very helpfull.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          yes, we do need a photography forum, or subforum. People are starting to get more into it on this forum now, and theres been a lot of photography and camera related quetions lately.
          I think this is a good idea. I had already made a suggestion regarding this in the Animal (formerly SNAKE) Forum, but it didn't get much attention.....

But, what the hell do I know anyways. lol
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Photography is guesswork unless you understand why changing a setting on a camera has a particular effect. It's not enough to know what the control does; that's a limitation of the owner's manual. Otherwise, everyone would be a pro, right?

To fill in the "why" something does what it does, start with a book. There are tons of photography books, some are basic and don't seem related to modern digital cameras, some are from the film era, many have an emphasis on SLRs, some have an emphasis on a particular type of photography (i.e. landscape or whatever) --- and it doesn't really matter much as long as it's a good book.

The reason is because photography books get you thinking about things OTHER than the damn camera, and you'll come to learn it isn't so much the camera that's important as the monkey behind it.

Here are some to get you started:
            Bryan Peterson's Understanding Exposure

John Shaw's Nature Photography Field Guide

Jeff Wignall's The Joy of Digital Photography
            Last edited by deckeda; 10-21-2006, 11:40 PM.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

the website accordaffair posted is great and very informative.

I really didnt understand all that f-stop stuff, or anything else for that matter. Now i do not completely, but it helped me a lot. I also figured out that my camera sucks i cant adjust arpeture, and I cant shorten the shutter speed, only make it slower(long time exposure).

Comment

Deev said he was going to change the name of the photo forum a couple of months ago, but he never has.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

its not a photo forum, its just a forum for people to post up pictures. some of us want a forum only for photography, just like the animal/snake forum was made.

Comment

Working...
                  X