Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
    Took a little trip with a friend.

My friends dad has a 70-200mm f/2.8 VR that is AMAZING. My little 55-200 felt so crappy after holding that beast lens. At f/5.6 it really wasn't fast enough to freeze the motion sharp enough either... but it got the job done alright.
    That looks a lot like the Hood River/The Dalles area. Is that the Columbia River?
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
      That looks a lot like the Hood River/The Dalles area. Is that the Columbia River?
      You're good! Not only is that the columbia river that is only several miles from The Dalles!
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Im new to photography but heres a few i took yesterday.

please critique.
        clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
        Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

You're good! Not only is that the columbia river that is only several miles from The Dalles!
          Did you go with that guy who was gonna buy my bumpers? lol thats where i grew up
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Your first picture has the best composition out of all of those. If you could have focused a bit more it would have been 100% better. It also doesn't help that they're all under exposed.

But I know you have a point and shoot, so you really can't do much. The bokeh's point and shoots give off are...the suck.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
              Your first picture has the best composition out of all of those. If you could have focused a bit more it would have been 100% better. It also doesn't help that they're all under exposed.

But I know you have a point and shoot, so you really can't do much. The bokeh's point and shoots give off are...the suck.
              me?
              clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7

Comment

Yeah. I hope that was a point and shoot.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                  Did you go with that guy who was gonna buy my bumpers? lol thats where i grew up
                  No I did not. But yeah, it's a really nice area. My friend is out there all the time to windsurf. We live in the Seattle area.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                    Yeah. I hope that was a point and shoot.
                    its a canon ps80 i didnt mess with any of the focusing or anything. still learning, what does over exposure mean?
                    clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7

Comment

Originally posted by sleepygreen View Post
                      its a canon ps80 i didnt mess with any of the focusing or anything. still learning, what does over exposure mean?
                      Exposure is the combination of aperture and shutter speed that essentially determines how bright the image is. In this case really. Shutter speed and aperture control a lot more than JUST brightness.

I'm sure there is TONS of information online for general overviews. If you have specific questions and such ask.

Comment

Exposure is the combination of aperture and shutter speed that essentially determines how bright the image is. In this case really. Shutter speed and aperture control a lot more than JUST brightness.

I'm sure there is TONS of information online for general overviews. If you have specific questions and such ask.
                        um... how or what should i do next time i go out to take pictures? like these pics how would i go about making them better?
                        clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7

Comment

Originally posted by sleepygreen View Post
                          um... how or what should i do next time i go out to take pictures? like these pics how would i go about making them better?
                          Pretty tough to do with a point and shoot to be honest. I mean of course you can take good pictures with one, but the menus are complicated and the results aren't very clear. Throw it in manual and flip all the dials and play with all the settings. That's what I did, I found out that I enjoyed it and stepped up to a DSLR. (d40 - a perfect beginning camera) If you enjoy shooting and learnign what settings do what I'd recommend getting a d40 or other entry level DSLR. (craigslist should bring you one around the 300-350 dollar mark)

In the mean time, I'd recomend playing with what you have and seeing if you like it.

Taking better pictures takes practice. I'm not saying a DSLR will magically make your pictures better, but it will help you to learn what's going on and you'll be much more pleased with the results. (pictures will be much sharper and focusing will happen much faster)

Comment

Pretty tough to do with a point and shoot to be honest. I mean of course you can take good pictures with one, but the menus are complicated and the results aren't very clear. Throw it in manual and flip all the dials and play with all the settings. That's what I did, I found out that I enjoyed it and stepped up to a DSLR. (d40 - a perfect beginning camera) If you enjoy shooting and learnign what settings do what I'd recommend getting a d40 or other entry level DSLR. (craigslist should bring you one around the 300-350 dollar mark)

In the mean time, I'd recomend playing with what you have and seeing if you like it.

Taking better pictures takes practice. I'm not saying a DSLR will magically make your pictures better, but it will help you to learn what's going on and you'll be much more pleased with the results. (pictures will be much sharper and focusing will happen much faster)
                            kool thanks! i love taking pictures ill do the whole manual thing tommorrow and post what i get.
                            clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7

Comment

This is horribly off topic and most certainly deserving of its own thread, but...
                              WHERE DID THE PHOTOGRAPHY CONTESTS GO?!?!?!?!

1999 Honda Prelude
                              Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
                                This is horribly off topic and most certainly deserving of its own thread, but...
                                WHERE DID THE PHOTOGRAPHY CONTESTS GO?!?!?!?!
                                Sorry. The last contest, I PM'd the winner asking to take over if he chose to, but never responded. I would like to apologize as I didn't have the time this summer since a bunch of things came up and I wasn't able to log in as much. I'll try and get one up no later than next week.

Some topic suggestions would be helpful!

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Working...
                                X